• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpy

Roto13 said:
Seriously, how do I water berries? >_> I can't find an answer to that question anywhere.

I believe you can only water other people's berries (hehe), someone else has to come and take care of yours.

Edit: ^ Even when it turns into a tree I still can't water mine.

Busaiku

You can water them when they've started sprouted, but haven't fully grown.
Just click on the patch you want to water.

I watered mine yesterday.

grumpy

Busaiku said:

i stand corrected - I was just able to water mine.

Busaiku said:

I haven't watered any of mine lol but I can still pick them.

JVIDICAN

Hopefully nintendo has some means to tell who's disconnecting from ratings mode matches. The last four matches have ended in disconnects for me, I don't want to get banned from ratings. :/

Roto13

Busaiku said:

I tried and it didn't work. :( I tried watering my own berries and other people's at different stages of growth and nothing ever happens.

Harpuia

Aw, the DW pokemon have exclusive moves too? I found a Rattata, Lotad, and Doduo on my first venture into the forest, and kept the rattata. :( Least its a female. I also found a Bidoof but I rejected his offer to play a mini game with.
KuGsj.gif

Roto13

I kind of wish I was playing the game for the first time now with the Dream World. It would be fun to use Pokemon I find there in my regular party.

Cheat at the ice cream minigame: Build your pile up as far as you can normally, and if it's not tall enough, make a giant-ass ice cream ball and drop it on top of the stack when there's like a second left on the timer. It doesn't have to settle to count as added height.

Did my first trip into Dream World. Was pretty fun and cute at the same time. Got a Hoppip, a Tangela and a Marrep, and kept the Hoppip.

Who wants to be dream world friends. :[

Roto13 said:
I tried and it didn't work. :( I tried watering my own berries and other people's at different stages of growth and nothing ever happens.

You can only water them when the soil isn't "very moist." If you hover over the plant it will tell you the condition of the soil.

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
Just visit there dream island I think.

on an off topic note, WTF happened to everyones avatars? There gone! :O
Ha ha ha, I checked like three threads and I didn't even notice until I read this post. xP

GoldenChicken said:
You can only water them when the soil isn't "very moist." If you hover over the plant it will tell you the condition of the soil.
Oh, maybe I've only ever seen moist soil. I guess that's possible.

dakkumauji said:
Did my first trip into Dream World. Was pretty fun and cute at the same time. Got a Hoppip, a Tangela and a Marrep, and kept the Hoppip.

Who wants to be dream world friends. :[
I would say I'd be your Dream World friend but I wouldn't know how to add you.

Renoir

Roto13 said:
Ha ha ha, I checked like three threads and I didn't even notice until I read this post. xP

Oh, maybe I've only ever seen moist soil. I guess that's possible.

I would say I'd be your Dream World friend but I wouldn't know how to add you.

I guess new avatar settings kicked in?...

Wiseblade said:
Anyone here happen to have a spare female Drought Vulpix?

Since getting one at all takes 10,000 dream points, it'll be a while before anyone outside of Japan can get one.

In other news, I'm about to embark on what's likely to be my biggest breeding project so far. Starting from a dream world Nidoran-F, try to get a modest dream world Nidoran-M with decent stats. Just getting the nature/ability combination requires hitting a 1/8 chance*, so wish me luck!

*50% nature w/ everstone, 50% male, 50% dream world ability.

Izayoi

Banned
Anyone know why Gravijah got banned?

Also I lost this thread for a while, despite the warning.

I'll be giving away some Legendaries this weekend.

D-Pad

Who are you people?!

Dream World is pretty fun. Entered with Zubat and we befriended a Stantler (Sap Power...) and got some Figy berries and berries that weaken bug moves. The amount of time it took to sync the data was awful, though, and makes me not want to go back for a while. It's not like that every time, is it? Waking up seemed a bit quicker.

Also: Gravijah. :(

Boss Man

Got a Ponyta from my first DW trip, pretty cool!

Is there a trick to make the Eevee mini-game on the site...playable? It's way too laggy and I don't want to miss out.

JVIDICAN

StateofMind said:
Got a Ponyta from my first DW trip, pretty cool!

Is there a trick to make the Eevee mini-game on the site...playable? It's way too laggy and I don't want to miss out.
Stare at the screen with a blank mind and don't blink. :p

Withou avatars, I don't know who anyone is anymore. It's like staring into a vast void...and it's staring back. *shudder*

Anyways, I finished my team mostly (draft 1), and am about to try it out with a few doubles matches on Wi-Fi... or maybe I should try to have another go at doing Battle Subway, to get more/better hold items. Choices...

JVIDICAN

ColtraineGF said:
Withou avatars, I don't know who anyone is anymore. It's like staring into a vast void...and it's staring back. *shudder*

Anyways, I finished my team mostly (draft 1), and am about to try it out with a few doubles matches on Wi-Fi...
You'll know your teams good if you get more than 5 disconnects in a row! :D

Roto13

There aren't enough PC boxes. After getting one of each Pokemon there's only like two left. Where will I keep my extra legendaries!

grumpy

Blu_LED said:
How do you unlock the download stuff on the GL, like C-Gear Backgrounds and PokeDex Skins?

Bottom right corner of the pokemon gl website, click on customize. Next time you sync your pokemon you will also unlock skins, musicals etc on your ds.

Roto13

StateofMind said:
You can give them to me (indefinitely)...
I might actually give them away. I have two of most legendaries. Including the ones from Black/White. Just missing an extra Thundurus and Landorus and that third Reshiram/Zekrom one. I forget what it's called.

I don't really understand why there is a time limit on the GL. Everything you can possibly do can be done in about 15 minutes. Unless I'm missing something?

isny

napkin dispenser
Now that I've realized you can go to the Island of Dreams over and over again for the hour, I'm managing to get a lot of items and a better understanding of how to get the specific moves on the Pokemon through the games.

I just walked out with a ton of berries, a couple of pass orbs, potions, net and great balls, etc., and got a Kangaskhan with Counter =D

You really need to score high on those games to get the Dream World moves. The only one I'm good at is the "Find the Pokemon" one.

Where do you see how many points you've collected overall so you can unlock more areas on the island?

Blu_LED said:
I don't really understand why there is a time limit on the GL. Everything you can possibly do can be done in about 15 minutes. Unless I'm missing something?
ENTIRE SERVER CLUSTER IS BABIES /heavy

Who knows how many servers GameFreak or TPCi have available right now, running under the burning gaze of the entire world watching trees grow. In any case, they did the timing thing to fit the server time restriction.

Maybe over time, they'll get some more of dem delicious pokeymanz monies, and beef up for Grey/RS.

Boss Man

isny said:
Now that I've realized you can go to the Island of Dreams over and over again for the hour, I'm managing to get a lot of items and a better understanding of how to get the specific moves on the Pokemon through the games.

I just walked out with a ton of berries, a couple of pass orbs, potions, net and great balls, etc., and got a Kangaskhan with Counter =D

You really need to score high on those games to get the Dream World moves. The only one I'm good at is the "Find the Pokemon" one.

Where do you see how many points you've collected overall so you can unlock more areas on the island?
How do you go back?

By not putting a berry in the tree at the end, or something?

isny

napkin dispenser
StateofMind said:
How do you go back?

By not putting a berry in the tree at the end, or something?

Yup. Just click on "Return to home". All of the Poke you've befriended will still be there when you come back, as long as you come back within that hour window.

grumpy

Blu_LED said:
How do you unlock more?

No idea, but I'm guessing you unlock more by coming back to the dreamworld. I've been playing for 3 days now and I only have 1 new musical and 1 new pokédex skin.

Boss Man

isny said:
Yup. Just click on "Return to home". All of the Poke you've befriended will still be there when you come back, as long as you come back within that hour window.
When do they go away? You have to pick one before Dream World ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom