• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Fewr said:
Where is it? when in the shop I couldn't find it (I did not intend to steal it, I am just wondering where it was)

It is on the page where it talks about how you can use dream world to customize certain parts of your game, such as your C gear skin. It's not even apparent that the code is there at all, it is just one line in a a section that shows the code.

It is pretty much hidden in the guide, I thought it would be like in a card or something that is inserted in the guide.

leroidys

Damn I've caught the bug again. I have to catch them all. Is there seriously no way to get a mew other then events? I cant send out some hacked data over my own network or something?

Does anybody here have any spares? Normally I am adamantly against hacking games for completion, but it really sucks how many unobtainable pokemon there are.

Wichu

leroidys said:
Damn I've caught the bug again. I have to catch them all. Is there seriously no way to get a mew other then events? I cant send out some hacked data over my own network or something?
There are a few programs that allow you to host a fake GTS server on your PC and achieve exactly that. I don't know whether there's one for B/W (I assume so), but I know there are some for 4th gen.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, the dream world thing is up? Welp, I've been out of the loop for a while. Guess I have to play some sort of game for an Eevee when I get back home.

Should really get into Pokemon after a hiatus.

Slermy

BGBW said:
Wait, the dream world thing is up? Welp, I've been out of the loop for a while. Guess I have to play some sort of game for an Eevee when I get back home.

Should really get into Pokemon after a hiatus.

I think today is the last day for the Eevee game, so you better hurry!

Rapstah

How do I actually transfer the Eevelution I got to my game?! I beat it and got a Vaporeon but that's the last I ever saw of that.

upandaway

Anyone wanna help me with Pokerus? Please?

Zee-V70 said:
Just for future reference: easiest HM Slave duo is probably Panpour
(shaking grass in Lostlorn and Pinwheel Forest)
and Tropius
(15% chance of encounter in any grass on Route 14)
Water/Flying sky bridge duck thing + Bibarel

Really in 2-part HM slaves, unless I have 1 of them have BOTH Fly and Surf, it's a no. I have to be able to easily remove Bibarel and still accomplish simple things.

ninj4junpei said:
Wait, you can't grow berries in the actual game? That's some bullshit.
Personally, I don't mind all that much. Primarily because other people water my berries for me. Meaning, I don't have to run up and check on a random patch of soil (or check my Berry pot) every 12 hours or something. Also, since the growth times are so long, it sort of fits perfectly with the average DW schedule. Since you can only visit once every 24 hours, most berries will bloom every 1-2 visits or so, if you're going regularly. This is easier to remember than '56 hours', or something like that.

Should we make a separate thread for the Dream World? Since berries can only be exchanged and grown there, I think it would be a good idea. That way we can make Dream Pals, request berries, etc. I would be willing to make it. I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated trading thread (or is there one?).

I just learned about Dream Points today. D: *plays minigames frantically*

Xavien

leroidys said:

Does anybody here have any spares? Normally I am adamantly against hacking games for completion, but it really sucks how many unobtainable pokemon there are.

Check PM

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, I just introduced one of my friends into Pokemon...for her boyfriend's birthday I bought them a copy of Fire Red and Leaf Green, plus a GBA SP (her boyfriend had one already, but I got a second one so they could battle and trade) and a Link Cable, so that they could play together...apparently they spent 5 hours playing it last night alone. <3

However, now they want me to play my Leaf Green with Charmander so we'll have a complete trio of starters...it's going to be weird going back to pre-Physical/Special split, not to mention no reusable-TMs. :0

Roto13

Well, you have to go there to pick up items and Pokemon from the Dream World. Also, the music is kind of awesome. :p

Xavien

ninj4junpei said:
So, the Entralink is pretty much useless for those of us without friends in real life?

Or those with 2 DS's and a rented copy of the opposite game. Its sad too, because you can get 80,000 exp off a lvl 55 audino with a level 1 pokemon (Lucky Egg, EXP Pass Power and Traded Bonus), which gets you to lvl 46-47.

Not only that nearly all the powers are incredibly usefull (faster hatching, faster befriending, faster exp, more prize money), you can get 500,000 pokedollars from the rich family just with amulet coin and the prize money pass power.

I'd like for the powers to make a return in a later game, but given out with a different system instead of one that relies on local wireless only.

Rapstah

As locked out as these features are for someone not living in Tokyo, I'd much rather actually have them in the game than cut out like Crystal's cool cell phone features. That might not be comparable though (I don't even understand how that adapter worked - did everyone in Japan have the exact same model?!). I guess they could optimize them so that most of these local features could also be used online?

Ravidrath

So, more questions about the terribly-implemented Dream World...

I traded Pokemon with a guy at work, and he showed up as a Friend on my Profile. But as far as I can tell, there is no way to get him to become a Dream Pal, also?

It's completely ridiculous that there seem to be three completely-separated types of friends.

Ravidrath said:
So, more questions about the terribly-implemented Dream World...

I traded Pokemon with a guy at work, and he showed up as a Friend on my Profile. But as far as I can tell, there is no way to get him to become a Dream Pal, also?

It's completely ridiculous that there seem to be three completely-separated types of friends.
Did you exchange friend codes?
Xavien said:
Or those with 2 DS's and a rented copy of the opposite game. Its sad too, because you can get 80,000 exp off a lvl 55 audino with a level 1 pokemon (Lucky Egg, EXP Pass Power and Traded Bonus), which gets you to lvl 46-47.

Not only that nearly all the powers are incredibly usefull (faster hatching, faster befriending, faster exp, more prize money), you can get 500,000 pokedollars from the rich family just with amulet coin and the prize money pass power.

I'd like for the powers to make a return in a later game, but given out with a different system instead of one that relies on local wireless only.
It really should be a Wifi mode, at least in North America. :\ I have a second DS (Phat), but the wireless doesn't work. Still, I would need a second copy of the game.

Roto13

MarshMellow96 said:
Can I catch one on an earlier version and transfer it, without having to take the event route?
Yeah. The only special thing about this Eevee is its dream world ability.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
ninj4junpei said:
The fuck? I say screw the guides, they likely won't provide anything better than what you can get online.

I have devised a plan to just print some reference sheets, punch holes in them, and place them in a ring binder. I did the same for Persona 3.

Vol.1: 256 pgs, Vol.2: 352 pgs, Collectors Edition: 336 pgs. Thats where I say the CE doesn't have everything. I know onlines better but like I said I've been getting the guides since the R/B days its a ritual or something. I never use them while playing through the games I just find 'em fun to read sometime afterwards to kill some time and whatnot.

Fewr said:
I bought the special edition, it hasn't got everything, but I think it's good enought. I bought it mostly because it's the closest thing to an art book we will get. I hope they release the updated complete pokedex again (third volume), I'd buy it.

Never thought of 'em like artbooks but ya that is another reason I like looking through these things. I love how sparkly the Platinum phonebook guides cover is among other things!

dakkumauji said:
If you only want one guide that has the most useful information, then getting the collector's guide of Vol.1 is the way to go. Having the pokedex and the walkthrough is more than enough.

Vol 2 can pretty much be seen as a rip-off, especially if you gotten the collector's guide. It has pretty much the same pokedex as the collector's edition, and the only other thing are those battle and catching primers that were in other guides like Platinum. It does have all the items and move data which I found pretty nice, but still there wasn't anything new in it. :[

Thats reason enough to wanna get it lol. I was almost sold on just getting the CE until I saw ya put that. ^_^; Maybe I should get the CE + Vol.2? I wouldn't be missing anything with that combo would I?

Ravidrath

ninj4junpei said:
Did you exchange friend codes?

Yes, but not over the Union Room or Wi-Fi. It was through IR.

So he shows up on my Friends list on my Profile, but he's not a Dream Pal, so I can't go to his island to trade berries, etc.

Lindsay said:
Thats reason enough to wanna get it lol. I was almost sold on just getting the CE until I saw ya put that. ^_^; Maybe I should get the CE + Vol.2? I wouldn't be missing anything with that combo would I?

I don't think you'll be missing anything important with that combo.

The only possible thing you might be missing is whatever sort of pokemon listing non collector edition vol 1 has, which is probably just the names and sprites of them.

Need some advice on a good Conkeldurr move-set. Currently mine knows as follows:

Hammer Arm
Stone Edge
Bulk Up
Superpower

I want to someone fit Payback into there, but not sure where to put it. Any suggestions?

Ravidrath said:
Yes, but not over the Union Room or Wi-Fi. It was through IR.

So he shows up on my Friends list on my Profile, but he's not a Dream Pal, so I can't go to his island to trade berries, etc.
Is he in your Pal Pad in-game?
Bulbapedia said:
A player can become Dream Pals with another player by visiting their house and sending a Dream Pal request. The other player's footprint mat will then glow until the request is accepted, denied, or expires. If the other player accepts, the two players become Dream Pals, and a rainbow bridge will link the two players' homes on their Dream Pal maps.
When visiting another player's house, it is possible to view their Dream Pal map, and go directly to the houses of other Dream Pals of that player. This allows the creation of large networks of players.
In addition, on the player's Dream Pal map, a random player's house will appear in the bottom right-hand corner, as long as the privacy settings are set to "everyone". This player is randomly selected every time the player opens the Dream Pal map.
Prior to the April 2011 update, Dream Pals were only those that players had added to their Pal Pads.

Xavien

ShikaTheReaper said:
Any tips on how to evolve pokemon like togepi fast? What makes them happy?

Best thing to do is get a Togepi (preferrably caught in a Luxury Ball), give it a soothe bell (increases happiness levels quicker), give it toxic and substitute, take it to the place with the highest level audinos you can find. Use Substitute on the first turn and then toxic and then spam substitute until the audino dies, then watch it level up, if your lucky it should evolve after 20-30 level ups (then replace Toxic/Substitute with any moves you want).

Basically keep levelling it up until it evolves, you can feed it EV increasing drinks (HP Up, Protein etc) if you cant wait too long. Giving it Soothe Bell however is important as it doubles any happiness gains.

Things that increase Happiness:

Levelling up
EV Increasing Drinks
EV Lowering Berries
Walking/Cycling
Massage from an NPC in Castelia City

Things that Lower Happiness:

Fainting of the pokemon in question
Powders, Herbs and Roots of any kind
Trading the pokemon to another Trainer

Xavien said:
Best thing to do is get a Togepi (preferrably caught in a Luxury Ball), give it a soothe bell (increases happiness levels quicker), give it toxic and substitute, take it to the place with the highest level audinos you can find. Use Substitute on the first turn and then toxic and then spam substitute until the audino dies, then watch it level up, if your lucky it should evolve after 20-30 level ups (then replace Toxic/Substitute with any moves you want).

Basically keep levelling it up until it evolves, you can feed it EV increasing drinks (HP Up, Protein etc) if you cant wait too long. Giving it Soothe Bell however is important as it doubles any happiness gains.

Things that increase Happiness:

Levelling up
EV Increasing Drinks
EV Lowering Berries
Walking/Cycling
Massage from an NPC in Castelia City

Things that Lower Happiness:

Fainting of the pokemon in question
Powders, Herbs and Roots of any kind
Trading the pokemon to another Trainer

Thanks for the info. I just got him to evolve at level 15. Used the entralink, Soothe Bell and the drinks.

So, I'm kind of following through with and working on my Dream World |OT| idea (learning about spreadsheets right now). The main purpose of the thread will be for users here to share/exchange berries and other Dream World items. There is probably going to be more than one spreadsheet, each with a form, like one for regular berries, one for the EV berries, items, etc. As well as just find dream pals, and other events. :)
Ravidrath said:
Yeah - we traded Friend Codes after we traded Pokemon, and that's how he probably showed up as a friend in my Pokemon GL Profile.
This is going to sound dumb, but did you check your Dream Pal Map in the Dream World and see if his island is connected to yours?

Oh, make sure your profile is set for everyone to see.
Official Site said:
About Dream Pals

Dream Pals are people you can meet and communicate with in the Pokémon Dream World.
Make a Dream Pal request to become someone's Dream Pal. Once you two have become Dream Pals, you can visit each other's homes.

*To make Dream Pals, your privacy setting needs to be set to "Everyone."

Rawr, all this talk of the dream world is making me hate the time limit more and more. :(

upandaway

biggyfries said:
I still have some infected critters, but I won't have any free time until Sunday at the earliest.
Thanks. I could really only offer White exclusives though.
Send me a PM when you can

upandaway said:
Asking one last time, since I've never been able to get Pokerus myself.
We really need to have an organized way to make requests. It doesn't help that this thread was sent to the Community forum to die.

Schmitty

I have started playing my SS game again after returning from college for summer and my levels are 55s after getting all 16 badges. What can I do to raise them so I can beat Red and get all these starters and legendaries?

Roto13

ninj4junpei said:
We really need to have an organized way to make requests. It doesn't help that this thread was sent to the Community forum to die.
That's why I haven't offered anything in so long. I don't want to hang around a barely-active thread all day, waiting for someone to show up. :p

Rapstah

I can't connect to Game Sync, can anyone else? :/ The site is up for me and everything seems to work on that end, I'm just getting an error on the DS.

Xavien

Schmitty said:
I have started playing my SS game again after returning from college for summer and my levels are 55s after getting all 16 badges. What can I do to raise them so I can beat Red and get all these starters and legendaries?

The best way is to get some lucky eggs from chanseys (during swarm unless you wanna hunt them with a 1% encounter rate, have pokemon in your party with compoundeyes and frisk abilities also) then either face pokemon on mt silver with lucky eggs equipped or face the elite 4 again.

Also try and get the lvl 70 legendaries (you can get them after 16 badges, you don't need to defeat Red), Mewtwo in particular is awesome defensively against Reds Pikachu (with Reflect and Amnesia), once Reds Pikachu is down, the fight gets considerably easier.

leroidys

Oh fuck yes. I bred about 6 charmanders the other day, and just randomly put one in my party. I accidentally swapped him into battle, only then realizing that hes a shiny. Fuck yeahhhhhh. Should I evolve him or no?

I really need to check on the like 30 eevees I've bred. I didn't even consider that one could be shiny.

leroidys

I have a question, how many different names are there for each pokemon? Like if I'm trying to get every different regional name of Eevee for example, how many are there that I can get on the GTS?

Top Bottom