• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oi, I trained a Levanny too...definitely one of my favorite bugs.

I used this set myself...

Leavanny @Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

I have questions about the Dream World:

1. Can I only send one Pokemon to Entralink per session?
2. How do I get Dream Pals?
3. Can I revisit the Island of Dreams as many times as I want until I make a wish?

And finally

4. I got a female Nidoran with Hustle. If I breed it with a non-Ditto Pokemon can I get a male one with Hustle?

upandaway

Yeah I think so. The child will always be the Pokemon the mother is, and Nidoran female and male are different Pokemon.

Check the points on the main screen in Profile (under the login stuff) if I remember right

Edit: So I'm seeing right now stuff about getting a DW Eevee in Japan through some merchandise code thing. Huh.
It'll be awesome if that Eevee could go female.

Lone_Prodigy said:
I have questions about the Dream World:

1. Can I only send one Pokemon to Entralink per session?
2. How do I get Dream Pals?
3. Can I revisit the Island of Dreams as many times as I want until I make a wish?

And finally

4. I got a female Nidoran with Hustle. If I breed it with a non-Ditto Pokemon can I get a male one with Hustle?

1. Yes

2. Check the dream pal map. They'll give you a random neighbor. If you visit their house there's an option to become dream pals.

3. There's some sort of limit on how many times you can visit. Generally I'm able to do between 4-7

4. Yes you can. I've done it myself. NidoranF eggs can hatch to either gender. Just remember to put the everstone on the female and make sure the father isn't a ditto.

upandaway said:
Nidoran female can't give birth to Nidoran male.

This is wrong. Nidoran females breed into males or females with a 50% chance of either (regardless of what species the father is, even a ditto). I managed to get a male dream world nidoran this way.

Edit: breeding with a ditto seems to prevent (or at least greatly reduces) the chance of inheriting the dream world ability. Fortunately, Nidorans breed with almost everything.

Azure J

Really really specific request here, but it still needs to be asked, can anyone help me out with a Modest natured Nuzleaf with Dark Pulse and a Leaf Stone? Man, if I only knew beforehand how important/helpful it would be to have a copy of Superior Silver handy for these ideas I randomly get...

upandaway said:
Was it not possible in the past and they fixed it? I was sure it wasn't possible for female Nidorans to breed males.
Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed, but Nidoran♀ can. I think it was due to a glitch (I'm not sure), and GF decided to keep it that way, for whatever reason.

Rapstah said:
Weren't we supposed to be getting the Eeveelutions today? I did my daily Dream World stuff and got nothing.

You can get it after 1PM. You have to click the Promotion thing on the homepage. Then you'll get it the next time you visit the dream world. Unfortunately for me I already went to the Dream World today, so I can't get it till tomorrow.

Rapstah

GoldenChicken said:
You can get it after 1PM. You have to click the Promotion thing on the homepage. Then you'll get it the next time you visit the dream world. Unfortunately for me I already went to the Dream World today, so I can't get it till tomorrow.
Thanks, I got my Vaporeon. What the hell was up with the mini-game you had to play to get it though? "Press the shiny shrubbery to win!"

Blu_LED said:
If you catch a Pokemon in your game, trade it to someone else's game and immediately trade it back, do you still get the EXP boost?
Don't think so. If it has your trainer ID, you're out of luck.

Could be wrong, tho. :)

Watch Da Birdie

So, it's the 21st in Japan, and I hear that Dengeki apparently didn't have any info on the new game...

I wonder if the delay may hint at it being a Cafe game, and thus they want to save it for next month after E3?

Hulud

I did the flash game and unlocked Espeon, but when I go to the promotions page on Global Link it says only qualified blah blah can have the prize blah. I spent a lot of time trying to get my Espeon and they are going to cheat me out of it? :/

I haven't gone to Dream World yet because I'm at work, do you think that's where it will be?

upandaway

Hulud said:
I did the flash game and unlocked Espeon, but when I go to the promotions page on Global Link it says only qualified blah blah can have the prize blah. I spent a lot of time trying to get my Espeon and they are going to cheat me out of it? :/

I haven't gone to Dream World yet because I'm at work, do you think that's where it will be?
Yeah it's there. But before it appears on the board in DW you have to do a little "find the pokemon" minigame.

grumpy

I am missing just 4 of the "regular" pokemon (non event/legendary)

I need:
1 leaf stone to evolve Nuzleaf into Shiftry
1 dawn stone to evolve Kirlia into Gallade
Trade back and forth rhydon and dusclops

In exchange I can trade you Water and Moon stones, rare candies, and breed for you pretty much every normal 'mon in the game.

Starting to get annoyed with this dream world business, tried using it the last 3 days in a row and every time it says my energy has been used and I have to wait 24 hours, it has done this before but seriously, 3 days in a row is beyond a joke...

kyo_daikun said:
Starting to get annoyed with this dream world business, tried using it the last 3 days in a row and every time it says my energy has been used and I have to wait 24 hours, it has done this before but seriously, 3 days in a row is beyond a joke...

Have you been switching DS consoles or playing with your system clock?

leroidys

Can anyone trade me a chikorita, torchic, mudkip, mawile, or chansey? I have all the other starters and a bunch of eevees for trade, or I can breed anything. I'm stuck in gen IV land though.

Anyone mind helping me evolve my Karrablast and Shelmet? Since I need both you should only need to bring a junk pokemon :)

I have access to most pokemon families if you want anything particular in return. I've raised most of the new pokemon with a standard nature/moveset (according to smogon), so if you want a little step-up with raising your own I can do that too.

JVIDICAN

Nice to see the threads still active! :)
If anyones ever up for a battle or needs something send me a pm! I'll probably be able to help.

grumpy

grumpy said:
1 leaf stone to evolve Nuzleaf into Shiftry
1 dawn stone to evolve Kirlia into Gallade
Trade back and forth rhydon and dusclops

In exchange I can trade you Water and Moon stones, rare candies, and breed for you pretty much every normal 'mon in the game.

Quoting/bumping up your own post feels weird, but could anyone help me out with these? I would especially like to get the rhydon and dusclops trade evolutions out of the way.

Rapstah

grumpy said:
Quoting/bumping up your own post feels weird, but could anyone help me out with these? I would especially like to get the rhydon and dusclops trade evolutions out of the way.
So do you have the held items for both those? Are you just looking for someone to tennis them to and back from? I might do that if so. Do you have a spare Ralts though that you could sneak over to me on the trade back on one of the trades? I have no way of getting or seeing one in Black.

EDIT: Shit, that was three hours ago. Damn slow moving thread.

grumpy

Rapstah said:
So do you have the held items for both those? Are you just looking for someone to tennis them to and back from? I might do that if so. Do you have a spare Ralts though that you could sneak over to me on the trade back on one of the trades? I have no way of getting or seeing one in Black.

EDIT: Shit, that was three hours ago. Damn slow moving thread.

I have the items (protector and cloth) AND I have a spare Ralts lying around.
My Friend Code is on the list, I'll be waiting in the trade room :) :)

Rapstah

grumpy said:
I have the items (protector and cloth) AND I have a spare Ralts lying around.
My Friend Code is on the list, I'll be waiting in the trade room :) :)
Getting errors. I'll actually go check what this error code means because I don't think WFC is all to blame.

EDIT: So yeah, I can go fiddle with IPs in my router but I don't think I'll actually get this working. Sorry.

Rapstah

I gave my DSi a set IP, if it doesn't work now though you should go with OMG Aero.

EDIT: Yeah screw it. I'm not actually in control of the router's firewall either so I'm pretty much doomed never to trade in person. It's stupid though because GTS Negotiations works.

grumpy

Rapstah said:
I gave my DSi a set IP, if it doesn't work now though you should go with OMG Aero.

Same here, still can't get the damn thing to work. The servers must be full. Sorry m8 :( Let's try again later at night for your Ralts.

OMGAero, I'll be waiting in the wifi room.

EDIT: Worst of all is that every time I have to go in and out of the wifi room I have to save the game. Makes me feel like I'm wearing out the save memory somehow :p

OMG Aero

grumpy said:
Same here, still can't get the damn thing to work. The servers must be full. Sorry m8 :( Let's try again later at night for your Ralts.

OMGAero, I'll be waiting in the wifi room.
Okay, I'll just go catch some Pokemon to trade back and forth.
I don't suppose you have a Vullaby I could have do you?

grumpy

OMG Aero said:
Okay, I'll just go catch some Pokemon to trade back and forth.
I don't suppose you have a Vullaby I could have do you?

I have one!
Any chance you also have a spare leaf and / or dawn stone? Or even temp trade me a Shiftry and / or Gallade so I can get them in my 'Dex?

OMG Aero

grumpy said:
I have one!
Any chance you also have a spare leaf and / or dawn stone? Or even temp trade me a Shiftry and / or Gallade so I can get them in my 'Dex?
I don't have any of those Pokemon or spare stones, sorry.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
15 Pokemon today in Dream World, all male. The site is trolling me.

I'm also sad that Synchronize Pokemon won't work on the Dream World Pokemon when capturing, although you're able to reset for different nature/IVs.

Watch Da Birdie

This month's Nintendo Dream published a poll showing the top 30 Pokemon among Japanese fans...

1. Chandelure
2. Whimsicott
3. Reshiram
4. Reuniclus
5.Hydreigon
6. Serperior was sixth.
7. Snivy was seventh.
8 and 9. Oshawott and Joltik (tie)
10. Lilligant
11. Zekrom
12. Galvantula
13. Pansage
14. Scollipede
15. Volcarona
16. Emolga
17 and 18. Zoroark and Litwick (tie)
19 and 20. Victini and Minccino (tie)
21 and 22. Haxorus and Bisharp (tie)
23. Tympole
24. Samurott
25. Audino
26. Zoroa
27. Stunfisk
28. Mienshao
29. Cofagrigus
30. Vanilluxe

Oh, and top fifteen human characters are...

1. N
2. Emmet
3. Ingo
4. Skyla
5. Elesa
6. Cheren
7. Cilan
8. Hilbert
9. Bianca
10. Hilda
11. Grimsley
12. Caitlin
13. Cynthia
14. Burgh
15. Iris

Pretty interesting results. This is probably the only Gen outside of Gen 1 and 2 where the male character would probably beat the female character, I assume.

I have to say, those are actually some really reasonable results. I guess Game Freak successfully managed to get the fanbase to agree on something.

Fewr

leroidys said:
Can anyone trade me a chikorita, torchic, mudkip, mawile, or chansey? I have all the other starters and a bunch of eevees for trade, or I can breed anything. I'm stuck in gen IV land though.
if you're around I can help you with the torchic, mudkp, and mawile.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm surprised Scraggy didn't make it...I thought he was popular because he gets a lot of merchandise, but I guess it's more Gamefreak pushing him.

Anyway, I'd love if Nintendo Power did a similar poll to see how different the two would be. I suspect that Reshiram would be below Zekrom, and Wargle would probably be rather high.

Top Bottom