• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

grumpy

I keep getting the "... failed to respond" message.
Good God in Heaven... Why do you fail so hard at even the most basic online functionality, Nintendo?

grumpy

Error Code: 91010

Check your Friends Roster for any duplicate Friend Codes. Delete any duplicate Friend Codes and test the connection again.

Remove the newest Friend Code and test the connection.

Delete one friend code at a time, working backwards, testing the connection as you go. (Be sure to write them down before deleting them, so you can re-enter any Friend Codes that were not the problem.)

You can't make this shit up...

Anyway, I'm up for trying one more time :p

PRAISE JESUS WE HAVE MADE CONTACT

Rapstah

I can't believe that the online functionality is so bad when you're trying to interact with a specific person. Random GTS, GTS and random battles, sure, they work fine, you have to say yes to connecting to WFC like eight times and save a lot but that's more on the game's side. As soon as you try to connect to someone, a thousand fucking errors appear.

grumpy

Please excuse the absolutely shiteous iPhone 3G pic
LYsJd.jpg

Yes, that's 279 hours

I've completed the National Pokédex and didn't even get the shitty t-shirt. Kind of anticlimactic, but whatever :p

A huge thank you to fellow gaffers Murkas, Roto13, Rapstah, OMG Aero and Aad :)

Time to start working on a better team.

upandaway

I put the DS in my pocket. Went out. Ended up not pulling the DS out of the pocket at all (it was in my pocket the whole time). Came back home, pulled the DS out, no cart inside. No cart in the pocket. No cart anywhere.

Just kill me. Take me and throw me out of a window.

There's no point anymore.

Rapstah

upandaway said:
I put the DS in my pocket. Went out. Ended up not pulling the DS out of the pocket at all (it was in my pocket the whole time). Came back home, pulled the DS out, no cart inside. No cart in the pocket. No cart anywhere.

Just kill me. Take me and throw me out of a window.

There's no point anymore.
Shit man, harsh, but are you sure it was in the DS when you left?

upandaway

Rapstah said:
Shit man, harsh, but are you sure it was in the DS when you left?
Yeah. It popped out a few times before too in my pocket, but it never actually left the DS, let alone left the fucking pocket (which is as deep as BBQ sauce).
I'm 100% sure it was inside the DS. Just checked the car and it's not there either. It's all kinds and flavors of depressing.

Salsa

man

i think this game didnt hooked me as much.. i feel weird

maybe its because im keeping busy with work these days, but i havent found myself coming back to it as much as i thought i would.

:/

i think its a mixture of work and a friend of mine (the one i always played every Pokemon game simultaneously) isnt that much into it either since he recently bought a new PC.

I gotta make amends, gonna try to play some more. Finished the main game, traded some pokemon, used Dream world with about.. 4 different ones, a bit of breeding and nothing else.

I think this thread being in the Community section also doesnt help, lol

edit: oh fucckkkkkkkkkkk upandaway, i feel your loss. That would destroy me.

One of the reasons i use a flashcart with backup copies of my games on it.

grumpy

Now that I'm done with catching 'em all™, I'm giving away all my spare ones:

Larpas
Magby
Chimchar x 2
Chikorita
Turtwig
Tirtouga
Roselia
Treeko
Kabuto
Solosis
Mudkip x 3
Abra
Lickitung
Piplup
Pichu x 2
Ralts
Zorua
Phanphy
Snorunt x 2
Wurmple
Bellsprout
Venusaur
Chansey
Tyrogue

Legendaries:
Azelf
Darkrai
Regice
(Pretty sure they are not legit, though)

Offer lasts only for today, I need the box space ASAP to start breeding/building a decent team.

Rapstah

grumpy said:

Larpas
Magby
Chimchar x 2
Chikorita
Turtwig
Tirtouga
Roselia
Beautifly
Treeko
Kabuto
Solosis
Mudkip x 3
Abra
Lickitung
Piplup
Pichu x 2
Ralts
Zorua
Phanphy
Snorunt x 2
Wurmple
Bellsprout
Venusaur
Chansey
Tyrogue

Legendaries:
Azelf
Darkrai
Regice

Offer lasts only for today, I need the box space ASAP to start breeding/building a decent team.
I would be grabbing like five of those at least if I wasn't sure the error from last time was still there. :(

btkadams

grumpy said:

Larpas
Magby
Chimchar x 2
Chikorita
Turtwig
Tirtouga
Roselia
Beautifly
Treeko
Kabuto
Solosis
Mudkip x 3
Abra
Lickitung
Piplup
Pichu x 2
Ralts
Zorua
Phanphy
Snorunt x 2
Wurmple
Bellsprout
Venusaur
Chansey
Tyrogue

Legendaries:
Azelf
Darkrai
Regice

can i please have beautifly? i won't be home for another 8 hours though.

SalsaShark said:

Is there a cable that can backup your save files? I can't imagine losing my 400+ hour save file in HG.

upandaway

SalsaShark said:

Yeah it hit me pretty hard. No more Pokemon for me until Gray comes out.

I had, like, 60 Star Pieces on that thing. 40 PP ups. Victini. 250 hours logged. Fuck's sake.

Delio

So my DSi contacts have been borked so i cant trade with myself. I really ask now does anyone have a Mudkip egg they could give me? My BF really loves mudkip and he just started white so i want to send one to him but obviously now i cant do it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I finally have my boxes organized. I have one spot for every Pokemon, which leaves with me 2 box (60 Pokemon) and a third of another box (11 spaces) for 'extras'. I marked all my EV trained Pokemon and put them in with the regulars. Dittos, and Synchronize Pokemon make up most of the other spaces, along with a box full of legendaries.

I'll have to wait until the third version until I really start loading up on legendaries again.

edit: Someone on Smogon confirming that they obtained a female Eevee from Dream World. Rejoice.

Salsa

Lone_Prodigy said:
Is there a cable that can backup your save files? I can't imagine losing my 400+ hour save file in HG.

Not that i know of. I just start from the dumped flashcart game and make a backup of the save occasionally.

You could say its just to take care of the cartridge, since there's no save in it, but i still prefer it this way. No need to swap cartridges or carry around more stuff.

EvilMario said:
edit: Someone on Smogon confirming that they obtained a female Eevee from Dream World. Rejoice.

awesomeee

Fewr

There is some sort of device that can extract the save file, but it costs about USD30. I can't remember the name.

Alternatively, you can use one of those fake GTS programs to send all or only your important pokeymen to your computer and therefore have a backup.

upandaway

MOVE OUT OF NOWHERE

Haymaker ** / **
Physical / Fighting

User punches without thinking. The worse the Special stats, the better this attack is. May raise opponent's Special Defense.

Makes contact
Affected by Protect

Not affected by Magic Coat
Not affected by Snatch
Affected by King's Rock

BP formula: 100/(Base Sp.Atk * Nature * Sp.Atk modifiers) * 50
Accuracy formula: 100/(Base Sp.Def * Nature * Sp.Def modifiers) * 55
Secondary effect: 10% for raising opponent's Sp.Def

So basically, the stupider the Pokemon, the better! And it makes the opponent feel smarter, too!
I don't remember exactly, but I think 40 is enough Sp.Atk for the max BP (caps at 130), and 55 Sp.Def for max accuracy (caps at 100).
If you have a -sp.atk nature you can make do with 50. It's also a valid strategy to use Overheat or another similar move, which can still make a dent and provide coverage, with Pokemon whose Sp.Atk is a bit higher (even 100 is low enough).

So what do you say. I think it's awesome but I'm biased. It's the first fakemon thing I ever did though so don't take it the wrong way.

Hulud

They cheated me out of my Eevee evolution. I spent an hour playing that shite brick break clone to unlock my Espeon and it's nowhere to be seen in Global Link or Dream World. Yay.

Slermy

Hulud said:
They cheated me out of my Eevee evolution. I spent an hour playing that shite brick break clone to unlock my Espeon and it's nowhere to be seen in Global Link or Dream World. Yay.

Did you click on the Promotions button at the main site? You have to "redeem" your Eevee.

UberTag

Slermy said:
Did you click on the Promotions button at the main site? You have to "redeem" your Eevee.
I'm encountering the same issue as Hulud and given the proactive Support request solicitations on the Global Link site, I'm willing to bet there was some kind of issue that led to some acquired Eevees not being linked to Trainer Club accounts properly.

We're going through the Promotions section properly. The befriended Eevee just isn't showing up.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I'm at this town in this house and they are giving me poke quizzes. First question is something like how do you tell someone good job with the hint something like burnt something idk I paused it like an hour ago and forgot.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Slermy

UberTag said:
I'm encountering the same issue as Hulud and given the proactive Support request solicitations on the Global Link site, I'm willing to bet there was some kind of issue that led to some acquired Eevees not being linked to Trainer Club accounts properly.

We're going through the Promotions section properly. The befriended Eevee just isn't showing up.

Ugh, that sucks. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally after 120 hours, I have my first 'found' Shiny in B/W. It's a terrible red Relaxed Basculin. Haha, oh well.

The last time I got a promotional Pokéthing from McDs was that 'gold' card thing, inside a plastic Poké Ball.

I can't believe I thought that was actually worth something back then...

PS_GUY said:
I think that was actually from Burger King...
Wait, you're right.

Hmm, have I gotten anything from McD's related to this? I'm not sure, maybe not. Both restaurants were right next to each other in the neighborhood where I lived.

PS_GUY

ColtraineGF said:
Wait, you're right.

Hmm, have I gotten anything from McD's related to this? I'm not sure, maybe not. Both restaurants were right next to each other in the neighborhood where I lived.

Hmm..I'm trying to think back but I don't think McDonald's has ever partnered up with Pokemon until now. The only Fast Food restaurants I can remember are Burger King and KFC. KFC offered beanie plushies of the first Gen Pokemon. This was back in the 90's or something.

Whoever manages McDonald's marketing team is doing the right thing because Pokemon is becoming very popular again.

N4Us

The Pokemon movie toys that Burger King did were originally offered to McDonalds but they turned the deal down.

Considering the massive recall that happened though I guess they weren't too bummed about it.

mooooose

KFC did plushes when the games came out.

Burger King did all these awesome toys for the first movie.
Pokemon1.gif

Pokemon2.gif

Pokemon3.gif

Burger King did another run of toys for the second movie that were plastic cards. They were pretty lame.

Then a couple years later Wendy's did a small run of toys which were also pretty lame.

In 2008, Burger King got Pokemon back and did an ok run of toys but NOTHING like the original.

This seems pretty cool but the first one was amazing. I was 7 years old and it was awesome going to Burger King and getting tons of toys and trading with people. Hanging the pokeballs off my belt loops and walking around like a homeless Pokemon trainer. It felt like I was catching them all. So fucking sick. Nothing will replicate that.

Aad

Delio said:
So my DSi contacts have been borked so i cant trade with myself. I really ask now does anyone have a Mudkip egg they could give me? My BF really loves mudkip and he just started white so i want to send one to him but obviously now i cant do it.
I can give you a plain ordinary Mudkip egg if you still need it.

If there's one thing that GF should have for online, either in Grey or Gen 6: Online Rental Battles.

That is, the game gives you a wide selection of Pokémon, pre-built, you make a team, and just face off against other people. You could have a 'virtual box' of teams you've made before, there could be easy-to-setup tournaments based on this where you can just make a team and go (like other programs...), it could be great.

Gravijah

ColtraineGF said:
If there's one thing that GF should have for online, either in Grey or Gen 6: Online Rental Battles.

That is, the game gives you a wide selection of Pokémon, pre-built, you make a team, and just face off against other people. You could have a 'virtual box' of teams you've made before, there could be easy-to-setup tournaments based on this where you can just make a team and go (like other programs...), it could be great.

It would be nice but GF probably have an excuse like "it's about the tradin & community & raisin your pogeys."

OMG Aero

ColtraineGF said:

It would be really cool if they did an online Battle Factory. You go online and pick a team of 3 from a random selection of 6 rental Pokemon and are matched up with someone who did the same. If you lose you have to start again with new Pokemon but if you win you get the usual option of being able to swap out your Pokemon with those on the opponent's team before being matched up again with someone else to see how long you can last.

Top Bottom