• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Rapstah

What a fucking chore everything has to be. I impulse purchased HeartGold today, and when I got home it turned out the box had been cut open and it didn't actually contain the game. Had to go back and return it and obviously the store doesn't actually have any copies of it in. Full refund, but I now can't buy it for real until Saturday at the earliest... might just order it from some online place.

Dream World is such a troll. I unlock Windswept Sky but there's a chance I could end up back in Pleasant Forest. 3 pages of Pokemon and I get 2 females: Hoppip and Pidgey. I don't pick up any EV berries.

At least I got a male Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock.

btkadams

Lone_Prodigy said:
Dream World is such a troll. I unlock Windswept Sky but there's a chance I could end up back in Pleasant Forest. 3 pages of Pokemon and I get 2 females: Hoppip and Pidgey. I don't pick up any EV berries.

At least I got a male Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock.
im only a little over halfway towards unlocking another dreamworld other than the default forest. i don't think i'll ever make it. there isn't enough reward for signing in each time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Speaking of Dream World, these are the ones I have and want. Although I'll take anything I don't have for completions sake.

By the way, I wish the malware warnings would stop on this thread.

Have:
Altaria - Cloud Nine
Bellsprout - Gluttony
Carvaha - Speed Boost
Corphish - Adaptability
Exeggcute - Harvest
Lickitung - Cloud Nine
Lileep - Storm Drain
Murkrow - Prankster / Moxie
Nidoran - Hustle / Sheer Force
Oddish - Run Away / Effect Spore, or Healer
Poliwag - Drizzle
Slowpoke - Regenerator
Spearow - Sniper
Stantler - Sap Sipper
Staravia - Reckless
Taillow - Scrappy
Tangela - Regenerator
Vulpix - Drought
Wingull - Rain Dish
Wooper - Unaware

Want:
Anorith - Swift Swim
Bidoof - Moody
Butterfree - Tinted Lens
Dratini - Marvel Scale / Multiscale
Drifloon - Flare Boost
Gligar - Immunity / Poison Heal
Goldeen - Lightning Rod
Growlithe - Justified
Hoothoot - Tinted Lens
Magikarp - Rattled
Natu - Magic Bounce
Remoraid - Moody
Shellos - Sand Strength
Tauros - Sheer Force
Tropius - Harvest

btkadams said:
im only a little over halfway towards unlocking another dreamworld other than the default forest. i don't think i'll ever make it. there isn't enough reward for signing in each time.

The easiest way to do it IMO:

-access your Dream Pal Map (set your profile to "Everyone" or else you can't view other's islands), click on random person, make a request, check their garden and water their berries (10 points each). Max of 20, so that's 200 points.
-play and beat the minigames. I hate them (especially the ice cream one) but it's really easy to hit the target. 10-30 points each.
-30 points per Dream Pal you get
-50 points if you send a Pokemon to Entralink
-visit the Island of Dreams over and over (about 5 times). With 1 step left, go home and repeat until you stop encountering anything. The Pokemon you get will be "saved" until you make a wish.

EvilMario, I think I have a Moody Bidoof. I'll breed one for you if you want.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Lone_Prodigy said:
The easiest way to do it IMO:

-access your Dream Pal Map (set your profile to "Everyone" or else you can't view other's islands), click on random person, make a request, check their garden and water their berries (10 points each). Max of 20, so that's 200 points.
-play and beat the minigames. I hate them (especially the ice cream one) but it's really easy to hit the target. 10-30 points each.
-30 points per Dream Pal you get
-50 points if you send a Pokemon to Entralink
-visit the Island of Dreams over and over (about 5 times). With 1 step left, go home and repeat until you stop encountering anything. The Pokemon you get will be "saved" until you make a wish.

EvilMario, I think I have a Moody Bidoof. I'll breed one for you if you want.

That would be awesome if you could breed a female one, no need for good IVs, or anything. And if you need anything I have, I'll breed it tonight/tomorrow.

Fewr

Progress update:
My goal is to get one of each pokemon this generation. I've go most of the Unova pokemon, have recently finished an Emerald playthough, and am currently transferring gen II (soul silver) and III pokémon to White.

I've got 359 pokemon so far.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Whoa.

Starting July 8th, they're giving out free Shiny Hydreigon and Golurk (Black and White versions, respectively) over WiFi for Japanese players.

Schmitty

Watch Da Birdie said:
Whoa.

Starting July 8th, they're giving out free Shiny Hydreigon and Golurk (Black and White versions, respectively) over WiFi for Japanese players.
Got me a little too excited, then I saw Japanese players

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
*falls over*

Uuuargh; Elite Four round 2 + the champ just went down hard. And all except one of my team was underleveled by an average of 8 levels!

This was my first Pokemon game which I'd actually gone for the post game in; never went the distance. Cleaned up just about everything else in the postgame too, aside from, of course, Catching 'Em All.

Delio

Watch Da Birdie said:
Whoa.

*Does a better black dance*

Firestorm

RNG manipulation has killed all the rareness of shinies for me :(

Also, how much longer do I have 'til I finish the game after the 7th badge? Is there a huge story event between this and the 8th like I suspect?

Firestorm said:
RNG manipulation has killed all the rareness of shinies for me :(

Also, how much longer do I have 'til I finish the game after the 7th badge? Is there a huge story event between this and the 8th like I suspect?
There will be an...event, then the story will progress at a reduced rate until...let's say sometime during your E4 run.

The path between the 7th and 8th gym is fairly short, wil pretty much only two short routes and a bridge (be sure to go back to it on Friday night).

Okay, so from the app, there is at least one minor thing I noticed: different names for some of the egg groups. Minor, but:

Old = New

Humanshape -> Human-Like
Ground -> Field
Plant -> Grass
Indeterminate -> Amorphous
No Eggs -> Undiscovered

Persistence is key, apparently. I managed to get a (female!) dream world Poliwag via repeated use of GTS until I got one with swift swim.

This has worked far less well for Dratini, since people tend to ask for things I can't quickly breed, so is there anyone here willing to part with one? I don't have much to offer, except for most of the starters (No Totodile or Torchic) and potentially a dream world Nidoran (either gender). I'll have Poliwags of my own to share soon, but not yet.

EvilMario said:
That would be awesome if you could breed a female one, no need for good IVs, or anything. And if you need anything I have, I'll breed it tonight/tomorrow.

I haven't had time to breed lately. But I also got a Butterfree and Gligar the other day.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I haven't paid too much attention to it yet but... What the hell is going on in the "competitive" pokemon scene with how gimped 1v1s are right now for those of us who prefer to not use shoddy battle or the like? People moving on to doubles or?

Gruco

Banned
Still chugging along with the Pokedex, up to about 580 now. Is there anyone out there who can help me with Tododile, Mudkip, evo stones (grass, water, fire, sun), or that would be willing to do a trade to and back with the Regis, so I can get the data? In return I will be pretty likely to have just about anything breedable.

Firestorm

Zerokku said:
So I haven't paid too much attention to it yet but... What the hell is going on in the "competitive" pokemon scene with how gimped 1v1s are right now for those of us who prefer to not use shoddy battle or the like? People moving on to doubles or?
Smogon's Singles rules are so convoluted now that I don't bother with it at all. VGC seems to be the biggest deal on the Smogon WiFI IRC channel mostly due to it being VGC season right now and everyone trying to get Pokemon to compete. Of course with that you need a new team each year as the rules change every year.

Delio

So i like this RU tier smogon set up. Been running a Careful Gurdurr with Bulk up and Evolite and wow it gets things done. Also Evolite Boldore makes some people think twice.

xSL4INx

This is a completely weird request, but can anyone trade me a glameow or purugly? It's one of the small few pokemon I don't own at all.

Delio

I was playing PO just now and got cursed at cause i was using a Calm Minding Cress in the new RU tier. My foe went "Fuck you. Go stall somewhere else." I found that very funny.

Roto13

Watch Da Birdie said:
Whoa.

Meanwhile, North America has stopped after one mystery gift. >_>

Trying my Doubles team in Random Matchup. Almost won the first game except I didn't know Darmanitan had base 95 speed and thus outsped my Adamant Haxorus. Plus I Protected on my last turn of Tailwind. =/

Second game was easy. Default Rotom and a Garchomp with Dig. :lol

balddemon

Banned
i got a noob question about the dream world....what are hteh points for and how do i check how many i have? i just started the dream world today so i dont really know anything. also, feel free to visit me, friend me, w/e...my id on pokemon-gl.com is balddemon (i guess, its the one you log in with right?)

balddemon said:
i got a noob question about the dream world....what are the points for and how do i check how many i have?
The points are sort of an indication of progress - through doing stuff, you get points, which unlocks various features in DW. For example, getting 2500 points unlocks a new area to find Pokémon in.

To check points, go to the main page, click on Profile, and then cick on the Dream World tab.

Fewr

Gruco said:
Still chugging along with the Pokedex, up to about 580 now. Is there anyone out there who can help me with Tododile, Mudkip, evo stones (grass, water, fire, sun), or that would be willing to do a trade to and back with the Regis, so I can get the data? In return I will be pretty likely to have just about anything breedable.
I've got all six pokemon you ask for. I'm going swimming right now, but in a few hours I'll be around to trade. I don't want anything for them, whichever spares you have are fine.

Alright, would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Porygon into a Porygon2? I'd really appreciate that, thanks.

Friend Code is 3138-5880-1947.

vanty

SUBZERO-08 said:
Alright, would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Porygon into a Porygon2? I'd really appreciate that, thanks.

Friend Code is 3138-5880-1947.
I could do it I guess, I need to trade evolve my Boldore as well. FC is 4642-0164-4495.

Anyway the reason I came in here was to ask if anyone knows why are two of the stats when looking at one of your Pokemon written in blue and red?

clemenx

Banned
Hi guys I wonder if anyone has a spare pokemon with Pokerus that you can give me? I finished the game and I want to start training some pokes.
I tried looking for something on the GTS but it is a joke... I don't remember it being like this on DP early stages anything you look for is asking for random legendaries at lvl 9. lol. Anyways thanks! I'm not looking for anything else at the moment. Thanks!

Edit: I'm reading through this thread, and what the hell, how are you supposed to get shinies on the wild? :( I have only seen one on my Pokemon Ruby game... since then I logged 600+Hours on Diamond and 100 more on Soul Silver and never saw one, sigh. I have several Shinies from trades on my Diamond but I'd like to feel how's like seeing one on the wild, lol.

N4Us

Was playing Heart Gold for the past two weeks (to get some of the legendaries and such) and went to Black again today and damn, the text is so faster in comparison.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I know this isn't the SS/HG thread but since this one is active:

If possible, could someone help me with the follow list:

#152-Chickereta
#158-Totodile

If you've got a spare of these and don't mind giving them away, I would like them if possible. >_>

Rapstah

TheSeks said:
I know this isn't the SS/HG thread but since this one is active:

If possible, could someone help me with the follow list:

#152-Chickereta
#158-Totodile

If you've got a spare of these and don't mind giving them away, I would like them if possible. >_>
I have a Chikorita, or rather I can probably breed one since my Meganium is female. I also believe I can trade now since I managed to get my Android phone working as a completely safety-less wifi hotspot. I haven't even checked my HG friend code yet, so hang on, but I might also be out of town for a couple of hours pretty soon so later is better.

EDIT: My HG FC is 3009-9303-0623 but let's handle this through PMs once we're both online.

Chopper

I finally completed my National Dex. Took me 246 hours. I'm just getting to grips with the EV and IV stuff, but I think I'm gonna put it down for some Ocarina action. Thankyou Pokemon White. It's been emotional. I will see you again when I have to transfer all my mons over to the ineitable 3DS sequel.

Masked Man

I said wow
Finally sold my US 3DS in favor of a Japanese one, so I can now play Pokémon White again!
3AQmK.gif
I submitted my new FC to the database, so hopefully that gets updated soon.

PS_GUY

arggh..Of course Japan gets another Dream World promotion. This time to promote the 2 new movies that will be coming out this month.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=5254

Apparently, they have a new island, furnitures and Reshiram/Zekrom C-Gear skins! I want that Reshiram C-Gear to replace that awful pink Munna one. >=(

Anyone else getting bored? I'm only at 90 hours and I'm already running out of things to do. Black City isn't interesting, grinding battle items on the Subway is a pain, and no one is on Random Matchup. And I'm definitely not getting all 600+ Pokemon when my HG file isn't even complete yet.

I suppose there are rematches with the E4 and Cynthia. It really sucks that single battles are 3v3 level 50.

And I'm finding the Pokewalker more interesting than the Dream World. No time limit, no rolling the dice to get the right area, and more items/Pokemon.

Boogiepop

Gah, Dream World! For some reason, the woman keeps popping up and telling me about things over and over. Anyone know how to prevent that? It's quite annoying.
Also, is there ANY way to do the dream world without having to connect with the DS card to wake up the pokemon, have it disconnect, and have it reconnect to put a pokemon to sleep after EVERY time you get a pokemon in the Dream World, aka EVERY time I play? It's a huge pain, and it's driving me nuts.

Hi all, I'm new to this Pokemon Black stuff so I could use a little help. My friend code is 1967 4028 7798 9000. I recently entered the dream world for the first time and managed to get a Doduo added to my party, so I know that much, but how do I go about battling and trading? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Busaiku

Mank said:
Gah, Dream World! For some reason, the woman keeps popping up and telling me about things over and over. Anyone know how to prevent that? It's quite annoying.
Also, is there ANY way to do the dream world without having to connect with the DS card to wake up the pokemon, have it disconnect, and have it reconnect to put a pokemon to sleep after EVERY time you get a pokemon in the Dream World, aka EVERY time I play? It's a huge pain, and it's driving me nuts.
Is it your first time?
If so, it's only for the first time (when you're doing something new).

You can catch as many Pokemon as you want (for about 4-5 trips through the island), but you can only take back a single Pokemon at a time.

24FrameDaVinci said:
Hi all, I'm new to this Pokemon Black stuff so I could use a little help. My friend code is 1967 4028 7798 9000. I recently entered the dream world for the first time and managed to get a Doduo added to my party, so I know that much, but how do I go about battling and trading? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Battling and trading can be accessed at Pokemon centers (on the second floors).

Busaiku said:
Battling and trading can be accessed at Pokemon centers (on the second floors).
I connected and searched for a pokemon but was disconnected. Do I need to have a pokemon to offer myself in order to claim a searched for pokemon? Also, you can only search for pokemon you've discovered that are in your pokedex?

Busaiku

24FrameDaVinci said:
Do I need to have a pokemon to offer myself in order to claim a searched for pokemon? Also, you can only search for pokemon you've discovered that are in your pokedex?
You don't need to offer a Pokemon, you just have to give people what they're asking for.
Yes, you can only search for what you've seen (Battle Subway doesn't count).

Boogiepop

Busaiku said:
Is it your first time?
If so, it's only for the first time (when you're doing something new).

You can catch as many Pokemon as you want (for about 4-5 trips through the island), but you can only take back a single Pokemon at a time.
Nope. It's made me sit through the "hints" 4-5 times already. It just started repeating them recently. A lot.
And damn, so there's really no way around that terrible design choice of not letting you just stockpile pokemon for a while?

Top Bottom