• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

I'm glad to see this forum is still going, I had put this down at the beginning of the summer needing less than 10 pokemon to finish my dex.

I'm now down to two: 249 Lugia (which I can eventually get in Heart Gold) and 488 Cresselia (Which I've got no idea how to go about getting...)

Does anyone have a Cresselia they are willing to trade/tradeback or even better let me keep? <3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hrm was Cresselia a non-event Pokemon for DPPt? I might have an extra if it is. Lemme check...

Edit- Yeah I have an extra Cresselia.

Nori Chan

I really, really hated that stupid Eevee game. I wanted Glaceon, and it was just impossible.

Are there any new events up. I haven't touched White in the longest of time and I want motivation to get back in it. Also has there been any 3rd game news for HG/SS or B/W?

Frost_Ace

Noriega said:
I really, really hated that stupid Eevee game. I wanted Glaceon, and it was just impossible.

Are there any new events up. I haven't touched White in the longest of time and I want motivation to get back in it. Also has there been any 3rd game news for HG/SS or B/W?
the only new events are the downloadable c-gear skins from the DW. There is still no announcement of the third game but it is speculated that it is a DS/3DS game.

upandaway

I would put more into Sp. Def. Type-wise Umbreon is better against special types so might as well buff that up, and back up with a dedicated physical wall.

Rapstah

Ha. I tried some IV breeding, and mostly by accident I ended up with a Flash Fire Naive Houndour with perfect HP and Speed after like three generations. I just used up all my luck for the next ten years. HP is pretty much worthless compared to a perfect SpA or something though so it's not really optimal.

Slermy

Schmitty said:
I'll play if we have a division of people who don't IV train and all that junk. I just can't dedicate the time to do that.

I'd be down for a casual division. I have some EV trained pokémon, but I don't go crazy with the IVs. I'm sure my 'mon would be destroyed in a truly competitive setting.

Schmitty said:
Should I train my Umbreon in SpDef and Def or sub one for HP?

I trained my Ubreon with max HP points and split the Special Defense and Defense and it seemed to work out very well.

Rapstah

Oh man, Game Freak have really not been able to draw Houndoom since generation II. The Gold and Silver designs are pretty great and give it some sort of mass. The Crystal sprite is a bad pose but still has mass. Every single sprite from then on is way too thin and round. The Gen V back sprite is decent but I won't be seeing that since I just raised it in HG and want to do stuff in that game for now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Rapstah said:
Oh man, Game Freak have really not been able to draw Houndoom since generation II. The Gold and Silver designs are pretty great and give it some sort of mass. The Crystal sprite is a bad pose but still has mass. Every single sprite from then on is way too thin and round. The Gen V back sprite is decent but I won't be seeing that since I just raised it in HG and want to do stuff in that game for now.

Lol the Gen 3 sprites look like he's developmentally challenged. XD

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
8BitsAtATime said:
I rebought White...picked the ugly otter as my starter. Is there any event pkmn I should try to acquire?

Unless you have a Japanese version, there's nothing available at this time from what I can tell.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Gotta get back to training again. Stopped around late April/early May.

Same.

Also I just connected to the Global Link for the first time tonight. Sort of overwhelming. Gonna add the C-Gear skins to the OP now.

Cool. Well Ive put 3 hours in so far....Im loving it.

Badges - 1

Lv.14 - Patrat
Lv.13 - Pansear
Lv.13 - Oshawott

I dont know much about EV training but right now my main focus will be to pass that game. Any tips for a beginner? I havent really play a pkmn game since Crystal

8BitsAtATime said:
I dont know much about EV training but right now my main focus will be to pass that game. Any tips for a beginner? I havent really play a pkmn game since Crystal
Just make sure you have a relatively balanced team, with a variety of types represented, and you'll probably do fine. The one thing that can almost definitely do anyone in, beginner or otherwise, is a common, exploitable weakness among your party.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah don't worry about EVs or anything until you beat the game.

As for tips... hrm, I would say don't forget to use your dousing machine. There's tons of hidden stuff just lying around.

Roto13

I transferred all of my internet stuff over to my 3DS but started playing Black in my DSi today anyway. I lost all of my friend codes, but whatever. But now I'm wondering if I've screwed up my Dream World stuff. :p I am not starting that over.

EDIT: Well I just stuck it in my 3DS and signed onto the Dream World and it was all still there. So that's nice. Got the Pikachu C Gear skin. :p

Qasiel

Just finished the Elite Four etc. and I'm at a loss of what to do (this was my first major foray back into Pokemon since Red). I'm totally new to breeding, mini-games etc.

I've got Diamond sitting around somewhere at home. Is it worth playing through that so I can transfer my Pokemon over via the Poke Transfer?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Qasiel said:
Just finished the Elite Four etc. and I'm at a loss of what to do (this was my first major foray back into Pokemon since Red). I'm totally new to breeding, mini-games etc.

I've got Diamond sitting around somewhere at home. Is it worth playing through that so I can transfer my Pokemon over via the Poke Transfer?

If you're trying to complete the Pokedex or train up a Pokemon that's from previous generations, then yes probably.

As for post-game, B/W (like G/S, R/S, and D/P before them) are light in this area, offering the basics (Battle Subway) but not going all too far out. That's usually the third version's job.

Qasiel

Andrex said:
If you're trying to complete the Pokedex or train up a Pokemon that's from previous generations, then yes probably.

As for post-game, B/W (like G/S, R/S, and D/P before them) are light in this area, offering the basics (Battle Subway) but not going all too far out. That's usually the third version's job.

Brilliant, thanks for the advice Andrex! I think I'll fire up Diamond once I get home.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Np. It may be hard to adjust though, D/P were pretty slow. Still it's a great game to farm legends and stuff. I wouldn't worry about items since you can't transfer them over anyways.

clemenx

Banned
Yay, finally beat Super Singles Subway Boss. Off to try a doubles team for super doubles.
Multiscale Dragonite is god, only have to switch him out to Blizzards or Ice STAB and gets a free Dragon Dance to wreak havoc. Dragonite - Ferrothorn - Milotic was my team.

Frost_Ace

clemenx said:
Yay, finally beat Super Singles Subway Boss. Off to try a doubles team for super doubles.
Multiscale Dragonite is god, only have to switch him out to Blizzards or Ice STAB and gets a free Dragon Dance to wreak havoc. Dragonite - Ferrothorn - Milotic was my team.
What set were you using for Dragonite? I want to train one but dunno whick set to use :[

clemenx

Banned
Frost_Ace said:
What set were you using for Dragonite? I want to train one but dunno whick set to use :[
I used a basic Offensive Dragon Dance.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale
Adamant Nature EVs: 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPE
Perhaps you could use a more Bulky one and invest in HP, but Battle Subway can get a little slow and tedious so I wanted clean sweeps as often as I could. And as I said, with Multiscale nothing neutral can really OHKO it. The only thing I remember not dying with outrage after a DD was a couple of Gliscor and it didn't kill me with Stone Edge so it was all good.
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

I eventually lost to one of those legendary teams on battle 61 :C I tried to Dragon Dance twice on Cobalion to ensure a OHKO but he had a Critical hit on his second Iron Head against my Dragonite and it was game over!

Frost_Ace

clemenx said:
I used a basic Offensive Dragon Dance.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale
Adamant Nature EVs: 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPE
Perhaps you could use a more Bulky one and invest in HP, but Battle Subway can get a little slow and tedious so I wanted clean sweeps as often as I could. And as I said, with Multiscale nothing neutral can really OHKO it. The only thing I remember not dying with outrage after a DD was a couple of Gliscor and it didn't kill me with Stone Edge so it was all good.
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

I eventually lost to one of those legendary teams on battle 61 :C I tried to Dragon Dance twice on Cobalion to ensure a OHKO but he had a Critical hit on his second Iron Head against my Dragonite and it was game over!
I wanted to use a dd+roost set but only two attacks are not good in the subway :[
I'm definitely gonna use your set! Too bad multiscale nite can't learn superpower...hope that changes in grey.

A question: How long does it generally take to EV train a pokemon? I've done some EV training in Diamond/Pearl and I was done in like 3 hours while several sites made it look like a task that would cost several days. Did I do someting wrong or is it done that quikely?

upandaway

Tha Robbertster said:
A question: How long does it generally take to EV train a pokemon? I've done some EV training in Diamond/Pearl and I was done in like 3 hours while several sites made it look like a task that would cost several days. Did I do someting wrong or is it done that quikely?
A single Pokemon? With all the right tools it could probably be done in less than an hour. Less than 45 minutes even.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, if you know where to find 100% of the time the right pokemon, used vitamins, have Pokerus and the Power Items you can be done in 30 mins or so!

upandaway said:
A single Pokemon? With all the right tools it could probably be done in less than an hour. Less than 45 minutes even.

Thanks! was looking for the confirmation. The only thing I have to do now is getting my nintendo wi-fi stick working again so I can get online.

clemenx

Banned
Does anyone here may have a Ho-Oh? It's the only mon I'm missing to complete the pokedex :C I can trade you pretty much anything!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
clemenx said:
Does anyone here may have a Ho-Oh? It's the only mon I'm missing to complete the pokedex :C I can trade you pretty much anything!

Hrm, give me a little time... We'll see.

Dr.Hadji

I have an Espeon and an Eevee. I want to get an Espeon with wish, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to obtain a Pokemon to breed WISH into my future Eevee/Espeon. I have Fire Red, Diamond, and Black.

Would it be easier to just borrow someone's Male Eevee, Pika/Raichu, Delcatty, or Girafarig with WISH for breeding? If so, can anyone help me here?

Also, I'm new to competitive battling so I'm looking for battles and tips (Black OU and under). BTW I do all of my training legit.

On a final note, I wrote this 8 part article series on Pokemon if anyone is interested:

Schmitty said:
What is this multiscale Dragonite you speak of?
One of the more rare Pokémon you can get in Dream World is a Dratini with the ability Multiscale. Multiscale is an ability where, if your health is full, you take half damage from any attack.

Firestorm

Dr.Hadji said:
I have an Espeon and an Eevee. I want to get an Espeon with wish, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to obtain a Pokemon to breed WISH into my future Eevee/Espeon. I have Fire Red, Diamond, and Black.

Would it be easier to just borrow someone's Male Eevee, Pika/Raichu, Delcatty, or Girafarig with WISH for breeding? If so, can anyone help me here?

Also, I'm new to competitive battling so I'm looking for battles and tips (Black OU and under). BTW I do all of my training legit.

On a final note, I wrote this 8 part article series on Pokemon if anyone is interested:
http://www.smogon.com/ for competitive needs. If you're looking for real tournaments to attend to for that Smash tournament-like experience, you want to check out the Video Game Championship (VGC) info. The World tournament is still left this year in San Diego if you want to attend.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
clemenx said:

I got a Ho-oh for ya!

I'd really prefer a Reshiram but here's what I have left to complete my Dex:

- Scolipede
- Krookodile
- Maractus
- Scrafty
- Sigilyph
- Archeops
- Golurk
- Zweious
- Hydreigon
- Thundurus
- Landorus

Many of these I could train up or breed on my own but I figure the more trainer OTs I get the better. :)

Frost_Ace

Gruco said:
Can anyone trade me a female dream world Poliwag in exchange for a female dream world Vulpix or Dratini?
I don't have a female DW poliwag but could you pleeeeease breed me a female DW vulpix? I have some other strong female dw pokes like: gligar, shinx, natu, exegcute, tangela, slowpoke, staravia, anorith.

Please ;;

Slermy

Dr.Hadji said:

I have a metric crap ton of eevees with Wish. You're free to have one if you like.

clemenx

Banned
Andrex said:
I got a Ho-oh for ya!

I'd really prefer a Reshiram but here's what I have left to complete my Dex:

- Scolipede
- Krookodile
- Maractus
- Scrafty
- Sigilyph
- Archeops
- Golurk
- Zweious
- Hydreigon
- Thundurus
- Landorus

Many of these I could train up or breed on my own but I figure the more trainer OTs I get the better. :)
Thanks a lot! I can get you a Reshiram and most of those if you want. Hit me with a PM when you're available to trade :D

My daily update

Badges: 3
Time - 12:53
Pokedex: 40

Lv.26 Darumaka
Lv.26 Gurdurr
Lv.20 Yamask
Lv.22 Tympole

I'm really enjoying the team plasma story line and I like that you have 3 rivals. The gym leaders seem to be kind of on easy side. I"ll take my Yamask and Tympole up to 26 before I actually start looking around Nimbasa City.

Dr.Hadji

Slermy said:
I have a metric crap ton of eevees with Wish. You're free to have one if you like.

Thank you! This is what Pokemon is all about. I'll take an Eevee with either a neutral nature, but I prefer a calm, modest, or gentle (in that order).

How should be do this? I can give you my Pokemon name (KKID) and I could put a loser Pokemon into the GTS asking for an evee so we can trade asyncronously.

Or we can chat using AIM, Skype, meebo, or the little chat on the side of my blog.

Your pick.

clemenx

Banned
8BitsAtATime said:
My daily update

I'm really enjoying the team plasma story line and I like that you have 3 rivals. The gym leaders seem to be kind of on easy side. I"ll take my Yamask and Tympole up to 26 before I actually start looking around Nimbasa City.
Aw, man! Did you already discard Dewott? I find it so weird that someone doesn't like his starter, heh! Plus his last evo is kinda cool!

Top Bottom