• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah I'd never get rid of my starter during the single player. Mostly because it's usually much higher in level than my other ones... And if I like that kind of Pokemon enough I'll breed a pro one for multiplayer, like Empoleon.

clemenx said:
Aw, man! Did you already discard Dewott? I find it so weird that someone doesn't like his starter, heh! Plus his last evo is kinda cool!
IDK I just didn't like any of the starters...the ugly otter was the only one that kind of caught my attention. He's at level 22 so, I can always go back to him if Tympole doesn't work out.

**edit***

Restarting the game...im not really happy with the way things turned out with the ugly otter. I also had a roggenrola that wouldnt evolve....i dont know what happened it just went past lv.25 without evolving. :( I started up the new game with the fire piggy.

decaf

8BitsAtATime said:
im not really happy with the way things turned out with the ugly otter.
mijumaru-sad-banner.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
8BitsAtATime said:
IDK I just didn't like any of the starters...the ugly otter was the only one that kind of caught my attention. He's at level 22 so, I can always go back to him if Tympole doesn't work out.

**edit***

Restarting the game...im not really happy with the way things turned out with the ugly otter. I also had a roggenrola that wouldnt evolve....i dont know what happened it just went past lv.25 without evolving. :( I started up the new game with the fire piggy.

Did you give it an Everstone? Everstones prevent Pokemon from evolving.

Slermy

Dr.Hadji said:
Thank you! This is what Pokemon is all about. I'll take an Eevee with either a neutral nature, but I prefer a calm, modest, or gentle (in that order).

How should be do this? I can give you my Pokemon name (KKID) and I could put a loser Pokemon into the GTS asking for an evee so we can trade asyncronously.

Or we can chat using AIM, Skype, meebo, or the little chat on the side of my blog.

Your pick.

We could try that chat thing on your blog (Critical-Gaming?) or the asynchronous trade. I'll sort through them and see what natures I have tonight, but probably won't have time to trade until Friday if that's alright.

OMG Aero

Andrex said:
Did you give it an Everstone? Everstones prevent Pokemon from evolving.
It's also worth noting that wild Roggenrola can be caught holding an Everstone, so even if you didn't give it one it could still be holding one.

OMG Aero said:
It's also worth noting that wild Roggenrola can be caught holding an Everstone, so even if you didn't give it one it could still be holding one.
Really???....god damn everstone!!!! Yeah I didnt make him hold one...I never noticed but im guessing he must have already had one.

caffeinedreamer said:

lol. Perfect!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I guess I should start playing more random matches now that I've connected to the global link.

Roto13 said:
Oshawott is the greatest starter stfu

You and me are totally bro's, yo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There's no good grass starter period outside of Turtwig. All water starters are great except for maybe Mudkip, but he's Mudkip.

Rapstah

Andrex said:
There's no good grass starter period outside of Turtwig. All water starters are great except for maybe Mudkip, but he's Mudkip.
I played Grass in every generation and I don't own any game in which you can get Turtwig.

trollface_137302383.png

Dr.Hadji

Slermy said:
We could try that chat thing on your blog (Critical-Gaming?) or the asynchronous trade. I'll sort through them and see what natures I have tonight, but probably won't have time to trade until Friday if that's alright.

Friday after 6:30 central time sound like a good time to try. If that doesn't work, an asynchronous trade should do just fine.

Thanks again.

Thinking about getting back into Pokemon. I have played Red, Blue, Yellow, and Silver. For someone like me, which is better, Black or White?

Firestorm

_dementia said:
Thinking about getting back into Pokemon. I have played Red, Blue, Yellow, and Silver. For someone like me, which is better, Black or White?
I think if you prefer battles, get Black. If you prefer catching Pokemon, get White.

Slermy

Dr.Hadji said:
Friday after 6:30 central time sound like a good time to try. If that doesn't work, an asynchronous trade should do just fine.

Thanks again.

Sounds good to me. I checked last night and aside from the Neutral Natures, I have a Gentle one for you.

Roto13

Frost_Ace said:
There is a new pikachu c-geat skin up in the dream world, the password is: WorldsCGear.

It looks quite awesome!
? I don't see a new Pikachu skin. I see an Audino skin but that password doesn't work for it. :p

clemenx

Banned
I don't see the Audino one! Don't like the new Pikachu skin much. It's going to take a great one for me to change, Minccino skin FTW!

Roto13

When I'm not logged in, the information box says "Get in the game with a new C-Gear skin!" and when I sign in it changes to a picture of an Audino and it says to get the code for it from Yahoo! Kids. (I can't check it right now because apparently I can't log in because it's down for maintenence.) I wonder why I'm seeing an Audino skin and you're seeing a Pikachu skin.

balddemon

Banned
So this game was super fun until I beat the Elite 4 a longass time ago, but now I have no clue what I should be doing. I got in to Dream World for a bit, and probably will do so again shortly. However, where do I train to get my team E4 round 2 ready? Is there any place I can catch Pokemon from earlier gens?

Roto13

balddemon said:
So this game was super fun until I beat the Elite 4 a longass time ago, but now I have no clue what I should be doing. I got in to Dream World for a bit, and probably will do so again shortly. However, where do I train to get my team E4 round 2 ready? Is there any place I can catch Pokemon from earlier gens?
The entire eastern half of the map? :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OP updated with the new skin. Also the skins are now in chronological order based on their end date.

Mardil

Hi! If I want to evolve a Gurdurr (which only evolves through trading) is this the thread to ask for help? If so, can someone help me do it?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mardil said:
Hi! If I want to evolve a Gurdurr (which only evolves through trading) is this the thread to ask for help? If so, can someone help me do it?

Ya, I can help you. #36 on the FC list in the OP.

balddemon

Banned
Roto13 said:
The entire eastern half of the map? :p

yeahhhhh I've been there....I guess I'm just unsatisfied with my current team and want to start over/find some new mons. But I can't start over cuz of the event Pokemon I have....now, if someone were to hold on to them for me while I restart....they would be true heroes :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
clemenx said:
I've been watching some Pokemon BW out of curiosity to see gen V Pokemon animated and the 2nd ending is the best thing ever, it's like a bizarro pokerap, I wonder how they will dub it (or have they already? I'm not american so idk) I love how it finishes with Stunfisk, heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UoUa19BQ-c

That's an ending for the cartoon. :p They usually throw that and the opening out when they dub it.

Boogiepop

Anyone have a good guide for 5th gen RNG abuse?
I haven't messed with it before and was kinda not sure how I felt about it, but I realized all I've been doing is wasting a good chunk of excess time breeding to end up with less perfect (still fine, but still) IVs and no real way to get a decent hidden power set outside of extreme luck.

clemenx

Banned
Mank said:
Anyone have a good guide for 5th gen RNG abuse?
I haven't messed with it before and was kinda not sure how I felt about it, but I realized all I've been doing is wasting a good chunk of excess time breeding to end up with less perfect (still fine, but still) IVs and no real way to get a decent hidden power set outside of extreme luck.
I haven't tried it myself but GAF member Frost_Ace suggested me this guide for getting into it. I've read it a few times and it seems all perfectly explained.
http://blazingblyde.tumblr.com/post/4545145693/blyde-rng-guide
And then the Smogon guide for breeding.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

Personally, I don't think I have the patience to learn RNG abuse, even if I've read people saying that once you get around it you can do it pretty quickly, heh. I'm content with breeding decent stuff with my flawless Dittos, I don't think I've ever used a hidden power in a competitive Pokemon.

I do wish I had some shinies though!

Cant seem to get the audino c gear, theres nowhere to put the password (im in the uk) I got the world championship one ok but cant get this one.. :(

survivor

Banned
I haven't touched the game in a long time. So I decided to get back and try out the Global Link stuff, but now I have been stuck on the registration screen for the past half hour cause every PGL nickname I enter is already taken. I never knew Pokemon fans were big fantasy readers.

Getting back into this now. The Dream Link stuff is pretty cool, and I've only really scratched the surface with it. Cool cool cool.

How do I get my special Eeveelution from the breakout game that was up yonks ago?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
Getting back into this now. The Dream Link stuff is pretty cool, and I've only really scratched the surface with it. Cool cool cool.

How do I get my special Eeveelution from the breakout game that was up yonks ago?

I don't think you can anymore. :(

survivor

Banned
The best thing to ever happen is getting 2 critical hits in a row. I always thank Arceus when that happens on a Pokemon I couldn't kill with normal hits.

Top Bottom