• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

The Championship skin is pretty fucking cool though, so whatever.

Is this stuff proper DLC or is it all on-cart? I assuming it's the former.

clemenx

Banned
I do love Pikachu but there's 649 Pokemon out there, he doesn't have to be in the center of every stuff :C Otherwise the skin is pretty neat.

There's an update ongoing on the Pokemon GL site, perhaps us who can't see the Audino skin will have it.

Busaiku

clemenx said:
I do love Pikachu but there's 649 Pokemon out there, he doesn't have to be in the center of every stuff :C Otherwise the skin is pretty neat.
Yeah, where's the Whimsicott skin?

Firestorm

Oh and the event Pokemon that'll be handed out at Worlds has always been on the logo as well so it's one of these guys:

WC11_Wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

Almost certainly going to be Scrafty.

Busaiku

Rapstah said:
They can't iconify an exclusive family that way.
You can obtain Cotonee without the need for Black.
There's an NPC that trades one for Petilil in Nacrene City.

Oh, is that just shadow on the Pikachu?
When I saw it on Global Link, I thought it was wearing pants.

Schmitty

So I've decided I'm going to raise a Furret with Frisk and Thief to do some item stealing from wilds, and maybe run into some shinies along the way. Which pokes should I go after?

Roto13

Soooo, how do we feel about cheating at Pokemon? If I tell you how to easily clone and edit Pokemon, get free shinies, get any items you want, and (most importantly) store Pokemon on a public server to free up space in your PC boxes, will I ruin the community?

Frost_Ace

Roto13 said:
Soooo, how do we feel about cheating at Pokemon? If I tell you how to easily clone and edit Pokemon, get free shinies, get any items you want, and (most importantly) store Pokemon on a public server to free up space in your PC boxes, will I ruin the community?
Personally I don't care as long as the cheater keeps the pokemon pseudo-legit (using dream world abilities on released pokemon, not making illegal moves combinations like multiscale dragonite with superpower ect.)

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, I feel the same way. As long as you use legal movesets and EVs, IVs you are free to use them.

If you give them perfect IVs I may frown upon you, though. I think doing your breeding is essential to the Pokemon experience, God knows how many eggs I've hatched.

I say boo to straight-up perfecting a Poke, but I did find the service that you may be talking about useful when I was breeding Jellicent, to check IVs and EVs.

OMG Aero

I only really have a problem with cheating if people are doing things that you straight up can't do in the game legit (Like use unreleased dream world Pokemon or illegitimate moves) and if you use perfect Pokemon against someone else without telling them.
If you fight against someone with a Pokemon that you created with all 31 IVs when they are using Pokemon they bred/caught in-game then you are just being a dick.

Frost_Ace

clemenx said:
Is it really that easy to get into RNG? I must be pretty stupid because I get frustrated quickly :(
The only frustating thing in gen V RNG is that you cannot check if you hit your seed or not like you did in gen IV games (coinflip, elm's calls) so that means a lot of trial and error when breeding perfect pokemon. For the rest it is muuuuch easier than gen IV.

Roto13

Huff. RNG. Can't be assed.

http://gts.kanojo.de/

Go down and click on "Your Storage" to set up an account. From there, you can start saving the Pokemon they put up for download, as well as uploading your own. It works with both Gen IV and Gen V games. Once you've uploaded or saved a Pokemon to your online storage, you can edit it. You can change its move sets, IVs (though not with Pokemon you've caught in the wild), EVs, EXP, held items, nicknames, Pokerus status, and contest values. You cannot change certain things, though. You can't change a Pokemon's nature, or whether it's shiny or not, or its individual stats. (Yes, that means you can't have a Pokemon with impossible maxed out stats.)

They put up a new Pokemon every day to give away for Gen IV and Gen V. So far, most of the Pokemon in the Gen V giveaways have been from Gen IV or earlier, but there have been some shiny Unova Pokemon too, like Litwick, Zorua, and currently Roggenrola. The majority of the Pokemon they post are shiny, no matter what region they're from. Any Pokemon in the Gen IV giveaways can be transferred to Gen V but they can't be transferred backwards.

You can store your own legit Pokemon on the site and delete them from your boxes to free up space. It's a really handy way to check IVs and EVs, too.

It's a handy tool, no matter what you do with it. I think it has a few problems in Chrome, though....

Firestorm

clemenx said:
Is it really that easy to get into RNG? I must be pretty stupid because I get frustrated quickly :(
I'm lazy so I just ask my friends who RNG for Pokemon >.> Apparently it's quite easy to RNG Wild Pokemon. Bred Pokemon are slightly harder from my understanding.

I've tried RNGing before, but I can't now since my DS Lite's down for the count :(

I'm not against RNG per se, because that takes considerable effort to do for the average player. I am more against the Wondertombs of the world, really.

Aad

Thanks! I'm pretty certain I added myself to the list, can't check right now because of China.

Anything in particular you need?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Here's what I need to complete my Pokedex:

- Scolipede
- Krookodile
- Maractus
- Scrafty
- Sigilyph
- Archeops
- Golurk
- Zweilous
- Hydreigon
- Thundurus
- Landorus

Don't sweat it though, I could get most of those if I tried, I'm just lazy. :p

Slermy

Roto13 said:
Huff. RNG. Can't be assed.

http://gts.kanojo.de/

Go down and click on "Your Storage" to set up an account. From there, you can start saving the Pokemon they put up for download, as well as uploading your own. It works with both Gen IV and Gen V games. Once you've uploaded or saved a Pokemon to your online storage, you can edit it. You can change its move sets, IVs (though not with Pokemon you've caught in the wild), EVs, EXP, held items, nicknames, Pokerus status, and contest values. You cannot change certain things, though. You can't change a Pokemon's nature, or whether it's shiny or not, or its individual stats. (Yes, that means you can't have a Pokemon with impossible maxed out stats.)

They put up a new Pokemon every day to give away for Gen IV and Gen V. So far, most of the Pokemon in the Gen V giveaways have been from Gen IV or earlier, but there have been some shiny Unova Pokemon too, like Litwick, Zorua, and currently Roggenrola. The majority of the Pokemon they post are shiny, no matter what region they're from. Any Pokemon in the Gen IV giveaways can be transferred to Gen V but they can't be transferred backwards.

You can store your own legit Pokemon on the site and delete them from your boxes to free up space. It's a really handy way to check IVs and EVs, too.

It's a handy tool, no matter what you do with it. I think it has a few problems in Chrome, though....

I've used the following site without any Chrome issues:

http://www.pokecheck.org/

They're a bit different form the site you listed as you can download copies of your pokémon, but once you do, they're put into a cherish ball and items are stripped away. A bit more of an "honest" approach. I've used it to back up my favorite "pokés" and for IV/EV checking purposes.

On a whim, I picked up Black. Never played a proper Pokemon game before. I have so far played a couple hours. Like it a lot more than I expected.

Are there any important gameplay/strategy elements I might be overlooking as a noob? Particularly when it comes to choosing moves to learn or forget?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Count Dookkake said:
On a whim, I picked up Black. Never played a proper Pokemon game before. I have so far played a couple hours. Like it a lot more than I expected.

Are there any important gameplay/strategy elements I might be overlooking as a noob? Particularly when it comes to choosing moves to learn or forget?

Just make sure you know if the Pokemon is strong in Attack or Special Attack when selecting moves, and check if the move in question is physical or special.

survivor

Banned
Count Dookkake said:

Make sure you don't make your Pokemon only has moves of the same type as him. So if you have a Fire type Pokemon, it doesn't need 4 Fire type moves. You could add 1 or 2 attacks that are of a different type.

Aad

Count Dookkake said:

There's also same type attack bonus (STAB), if the type of attack is the same as the pokemon, it'll get a 50% power boost.

Roto13

Honestly, it's ok to just stumble through the game the first time. You can probably figure out which moves will be useful based on the descriptions. Really, if you want to play like a scrub and only have attack moves, you'll do just fine against the computer as long as you have a decently varied team.

The above posts are right on the money with their advice, though.

There's a lot of depth but don't stress out about it. :p Pokemon is the kind of game that's as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

Also your Pokemon can relearn any move they forget so that's cool too. :p

Aad

Andrex said:
Here's what I need to complete my Pokedex:

- Scolipede
- Krookodile
- Maractus
- Scrafty
- Sigilyph
- Archeops
- Golurk
- Zweilous
- Hydreigon
- Thundurus
- Landorus

Don't sweat it though, I could get most of those if I tried, I'm just lazy. :p

I have these that I can trade you. I'm working this weekend so next week if you're free.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aad said:
I have these that I can trade you. I'm working this weekend so next week if you're free.

Sure, next week, I need some more time to breed them too. Just PM me when you're ready.

Top Bottom