• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

clemenx

Banned
Make sure you don't make your Pokemon only has moves of the same type as him. So if you have a Fire type Pokemon, it doesn't need 4 Fire type moves. You could add 1 or 2 attacks that are of a different type.

Ahh, I miss my days of ignorance and having Charizard with Flamethrower/Fire Spin/Fire Punch/Fire Blast on Pokemon Red :D

I agree with the advice given but don't get too into it for the main game, IMO if you decide you like Pokemon you can read further afterwards, I'd just say that catch pokemon that you simply like and don't worry if they're weak!

Wiseblade

Growlithe - #058 (Adamant)
Female (♀) Flash Fire
HP: 28
Att: 31
Def: 17
SpA: 25 - 26
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Not bad, right?

Except for the fact I forgot to breed Close Combat on, so I can't use her. ¬.¬

Frost_Ace

Wiseblade said:
Female (♀) Flash Fire
HP: 28
Def: 17
SpA: 25 - 26
SpD: 31

Not bad, right?

Except for the fact I forgot to breed Close Combat on, so I can't use her. ¬.¬
Isn't intimidate better than flash fire in most cases?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SalsaShark said:
I need to get back to this.. fell apart near to completing the Pokedex

so.. lazy..

I'm the same lol, I only have like 10 to go not counting B/W's event legends. But I'm working on it...

Wiseblade

Male (♂) Flash Fire
HP: 19
Def: 4 - 9
SpA: 14
SpD: 27

Frost_Ace said:
Isn't intimidate better than flash fire in most cases?

I'd prefer to be able to switch in on Fire attacks for free and be more threatening as a result. Intimidate is more of a revenge ability or for when you're leading. Although with the role of a dedicated lead kind of dead, I can definitely see the argument for Running intimidate every time.

Fewr

Andrex said:
I'm the same lol, I only have like 10 to go not counting B/W's event legends. But I'm working on it...
I decided to take a year long break after I reached around 450 of them.

balddemon

Banned
Roto13 said:
http://gts.kanojo.de/

You can store your own legit Pokemon on the site and delete them from your boxes to free up space. It's a really handy way to check IVs and EVs, too.

So would I be able to store my pokemon from my current Black save on that site, start a new game, and retrieve the pokemon for my new Black save?

this guy

Roto13 said:
Huff. RNG. Can't be assed.

http://gts.kanojo.de/

Go down and click on "Your Storage" to set up an account. From there, you can start saving the Pokemon they put up for download, as well as uploading your own. It works with both Gen IV and Gen V games. Once you've uploaded or saved a Pokemon to your online storage, you can edit it. You can change its move sets, IVs (though not with Pokemon you've caught in the wild), EVs, EXP, held items, nicknames, Pokerus status, and contest values. You cannot change certain things, though. You can't change a Pokemon's nature, or whether it's shiny or not, or its individual stats. (Yes, that means you can't have a Pokemon with impossible maxed out stats.)

They put up a new Pokemon every day to give away for Gen IV and Gen V. So far, most of the Pokemon in the Gen V giveaways have been from Gen IV or earlier, but there have been some shiny Unova Pokemon too, like Litwick, Zorua, and currently Roggenrola. The majority of the Pokemon they post are shiny, no matter what region they're from. Any Pokemon in the Gen IV giveaways can be transferred to Gen V but they can't be transferred backwards.

You can store your own legit Pokemon on the site and delete them from your boxes to free up space. It's a really handy way to check IVs and EVs, too.

It's a handy tool, no matter what you do with it. I think it has a few problems in Chrome, though....
This site lets you transfer pokemon without the need for a second DS? Holy shit, this just made my night!

Roto13

balddemon said:
So would I be able to store my pokemon from my current Black save on that site, start a new game, and retrieve the pokemon for my new Black save?
Yes, I suppose you could. I guess you'd have to add your new wi fi id it assigns you, and it would take a while since it'd be like putting each pokemon up for trade on the gts individually, but it should be doable. I don't know if there's a max number of pokemon you can have stored though.

balddemon

Banned
haha yes! This just made my day! I wasn't sure if the Pokemon were assigned to a Wifi ID (still am not, actually), but I only have a few Pokemon I want to transfer over. Victini, Celebi, etc. Thanks.

Firestorm

The final elimination rounds for the Pokemon World Championships are on right now. Some streams as matches are on too. There should be one here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kickataz

If there's a progress bar, it's an old match. As of posting it's last year's World Champ vs this year's British National Champ (who's from Spain).

Follow along at the end of this topic: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3451153

Next year's Worlds is in Kona, Hawaii again. The event mon is a Scrafty. Not sure what it has yet.

Wiseblade

Firestorm said:
The final elimination rounds for the Pokemon World Championships are on right now. Some streams as matches are on too. There should be one here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kickataz

If there's a progress bar, it's an old match. As of posting it's last year's World Champ vs this year's British National Champ (who's from Spain).

Follow along at the end of this topic: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3451153

Next year's Worlds is in Kona, Hawaii again. The event mon is a Scrafty. Not sure what it has yet.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Firestorm said:

How they have a different music (Kanto Champion Battle Theme) in a VS multiplayer battle, instead the normal VS Battle Theme?

Firestorm

TyRaNtM said:
How they have a different music (Kanto Champion Battle Theme) in a VS multiplayer battle, instead the normal VS Battle Theme?
Must be one of the options available to TPCi. The person who runs it said he has more options available than we do in-game.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Firestorm said:
Must be one of the options available to TPCi. The person who runs it said he has more options available than we do in-game.

Uh? TPCi? What's that?
But is still weird, because you normally can't even choose which music you want to use in a battle, and also that music isn't used anywhere in the game.

Firestorm

TyRaNtM said:
Uh? TPCi? What's that?
But is still weird, because you normally can't even choose which music you want to use in a battle, and also that music isn't used anywhere in the game.
The Pokemon Company International. What's used in the competitions is a special tournament mode. They have a lot of settings they can play around with for the rules of those. I assume music is another control they have.

That or they had a different sound stream.

Also, this was the Masters Finals: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16651557

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Firestorm said:
The Pokemon Company International. What's used in the competitions is a special tournament mode. They have a lot of settings they can play around with for the rules of those. I assume music is another control they have.

Oh, I see, the way to start battles are very different than the normal way.
Maybe they are using a special download play setting (similar to transfer Pokémon between Gen IV and V, Pokémon Battle Revolution, etc..).

Firestorm

TyRaNtM said:
Oh, I see, the way to start battles are very different than the normal way.
Maybe they are using a special download play setting (similar to transfer Pokémon between Gen IV and V, Pokémon Battle Revolution, etc..).
Yeah, there's a special Battle Competition mode that you use. You have to put your Pokemon into a Battle Box in the PC in your game. Then they put your DS up to a box they have at the registration desk that loads the rules onto your game.

Wiseblade

Firestorm said:

So what were most team live in the tournament? Was it swamped with Trick Room teams or was was there some decent variety?

OMG Aero

TyRaNtM said:
Uh? TPCi? What's that?
I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that the Kanto champion music is used when you fight the top player in the Wi-Fi battle subway.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SalsaShark said:
I need to get back to this.. fell apart near to completing the Pokedex

so.. lazy..

I've stopped as well. Between quitting Pokemon and Team Fortress 2, I've freed up a bunch of time for my gigantic backlog. Although I no longer have an interest in breeding / RNGing competitive Pokemon, I do want to complete the dex. I have boxes numbers in Pokedex order with one space for every Pokemon, and a couple boxes for my extras/breeding.

Firestorm

Wiseblade said:
So what were most team live in the tournament? Was it swamped with Trick Room teams or was was there some decent variety?
Trick Room was a pretty prevalent strategy as it has been the past few years. This years was really centred around a few Pokemon actually =/ Hoping for more variety next year.

Amoongus, Thundurus, Tornadus, Scrafty, Terrakion, Chandelure, Jelliscent were on quite a few teams. Them and a few others were the most common by far. BlueCookies used Gothielle which I'd never seen someone use before to great effect. TTS, who got 2nd at US Nats, had an awesome Zebstrika-based team which included a support Stoutland as well. So there was some really cool, good, strategies. They both also had crazy stat distributions. TTS' Pokemon were living through all kinds of stuff and BlueCookies' Thundurus turned out to be Bold as people realized during his finals match.

Firestorm said:
Trick Room was a pretty prevalent strategy as it has been the past few years. This years was really centred around a few Pokemon actually =/ Hoping for more variety next year.

Amoongus, Thundurus, Tornadus, Scrafty, Terrakion, Chandelure, Jelliscent were on quite a few teams. Them and a few others were the most common by far. BlueCookies used Gothielle which I'd never seen someone use before to great effect. TTS, who got 2nd at US Nats, had an awesome Zebstrika-based team which included a support Stoutland as well. So there was some really cool, good, strategies. They both also had crazy stat distributions. TTS' Pokemon were living through all kinds of stuff and BlueCookies' Thundurus turned out to be Bold as people realized during his finals match.

Zebstrika was my second team member. I had to give Blitzle an Eviolite so he could survive the first few gyms. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, bought this
used with no box or manual
, have the following I'd like to give away and reserve White exclusives in trade when I restart my file in a week.

1 Egg (not sure what it is, but if someone wants it...)
2 #575-Gothorita
1 #630-Mandibuzz
1 #629-Vullaby
1 #574-Gothita
1 #179-Mareep (yes, you can get it in 3/4th gen, but...)
1 #066-Machop (same here)

And because it isn't mine and I'm willing to give it away for a cloned White Exclusive Cover Pokemon...

1 #643-Reshiram

Anyone want/need this? I have a bunch of filler Pokemon that aren't mine and aren't exclusives that I'm willing to give away for crap. Just PM me and I'll check the boxes and see if I have them before I make a file for myself on Saturday. Otherwise I'm going to just make a new file and I'd hate for a cover legendary to be deleted if someone can use it and benefit me in a trade.

PS_GUY

Has anyone read this yet?

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=5722

I've seen it posted on many other websites with the above website as the original source.

I *know* they will release a third game to Pokemon B/W, but the thing I don't like is the spelling of the word "Gray". I know it's really trivial to hate on the spelling of a word but to me, "Grey" looks better for some reason.

btkadams

PS_GUY said:

I've seen it posted on many other websites with the above website as the original source.

I *know* they will release a third game to Pokemon B/W, but the thing I don't like is the spelling of the word "Gray". I know it's really trivial to hate on the spelling of a word but to me, "Grey" looks better for some reason.
omg it's going to bug me so much if they spell it gray lol. i've always spelled it as "grey."

Wiseblade

PS_GUY said:

There's no way in hell NoE could get away with releasing it as "gray" in the UK. I'm not worried.

Roto13

clemenx said:
Ahh, I miss my days of ignorance and having Charizard with Flamethrower/Fire Spin/Fire Punch/Fire Blast on Pokemon Red :D
My first time through red, my Venusaur kept tackle through the whole game because I couldn't tell which moves were stronger than others without trying them.

Aad

Wiseblade said:
So hidden items on the eastern beach regenerate, butbut there's no reliable source of evolution stones? Perfect.
If you need any stones give me a shout, I farmed a few excess ones.

TheSeks

Why does Nintendo's friends only wifi room suck so much? It's always had issues with me getting started trading with people even in the third generation with the D/P launch. :|

Why can't Nintendo get the goddamn thing working right with no communication errors and other stuff?!

TheSeks

Aad said:
Have you left the room?

It keeps disconnecting me when I keep asking you to start the trade. :/

Edit: I'm in the lobby right now and waiting for you to show up.

"<trashname> wants to join you!" And no prompt to allow it. It just hangs there.

NINTENDO! *shakes fist*

Aad

TheSeks said:
It keeps disconnecting me when I keep asking you to start the trade. :/

Edit: I'm in the lobby right now and waiting for you to show up.
Man this sucks, it's still hanging at "communicating with..."

Now it's hanging at "...has contacted you..."

TheSeks

Aad said:
Man this sucks, it's still hanging at "communicating with..."

"Has contacted you..." and it's ... ... ... ... ... ing right now. I dunno.

Nintendo's wifi is so assy that I remember why I barely touch Pokemon's online modes anymore.

Edit: Apparently the servers are being hammered hard at 11PM here at night? I dunno that's what GameFAQ's is saying is the answer to the problem. :/

TheSeks

Aad said:
Well, sorry but I give up, maybe we can try again some other time this week.

Or later today...

Yeah, let's try in an hour or two. Or let me see about that "Make a Wish GTS" account thingy and see if I can give them to you that way.

Edit: Awww... lame, apparently my ISP won't let me use the GTS despite the fact I'm using Google DNS. :/

clemenx

Banned
Man, I can't see myself having a huge streak at the Battle Subways, I've lost thrice now around battle 60. It gets too hardcore after the Subway boss, lol. I haven't even had serious hax issues. Just missing the Super Multi Train trophy, but I don't have much faith in Hilda selecting good Pokemon...

Top Bottom