• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

OMG Aero

Syph Medwes said:
Can someone explain to me how/when you would use the "Ring Target" item?
The use I can think of for it is to use trick to give it to the opponent so they no longer have any immunities.
Seems like a round about way to hit them though.

balddemon

Banned
Mainly for gimmicky Trick 'mons. Trick it onto a Garchomp and proceed to Thunder Wave or something. Might be a couple of interesting abilities to use it with as well.

I do like some of the Gen 5 changes (infinite TM's, more streamlined battles) but at the same time some of the other changes aren't that good (the box interface in HG/SS were much better, no 6v6 level 100 battles over Wi-fi). Plus I always feel like every generation wants to handicap competitive players in some way. For example, no way to hoard EV-reducing berries.

clemenx

Banned
Frost_Ace said:
We europeans got the deerling c-gear skin, it is the best released so far IMHO.
Do they have exclusive stuff for Americans?

Also I thought that for regional purposes I was american, lol. But I didn't get the Audino skin and I got the Deerling one, didn't got the Croagunk one :/ I'm south american.

Ah well, Minccino skin is still boss for me :D

Wichu

Now I want R/S Pokémon plushes in that style to go with my
deformed reject
Turtwig and Chimchar.

Also, I called R/S getting remakes before B/W's third game :)

clemenx

Banned
Been playing some Pokemon Online since I missed 6v6 and gotta say: Fuck Excadrill at least I don't see him much in random wifi... But with 6 mons almost everyone has his own Tar + Drill on party. -_-

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
PS_GUY said:
I don't want to freak anyone out..

but I think we may have some *evidence* of a Ruby/Sapphire remake!

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=5932
One of the commenters pointed out that the company that makes the toys has not yet made any toys outside of Gens I and II, so it could just be that they're finally expanding their lineup. I'd be surprised if we got another remake this soon after HG/SS. Would be nice, though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
clemenx said:
Been playing some Pokemon Online since I missed 6v6 and gotta say: Fuck Excadrill at least I don't see him much in random wifi... But with 6 mons almost everyone has his own Tar + Drill on party. -_-

That must mean Conkeldurr is not far behind.

Berksy

Finally got the game from my backlog and keep playing to finish the story now. So LTTP lol.
I was a fan of the original games and Black&White are on par, even better. Bought my DSi like a year ago and i already got SoulSilver, Platinum and White in my tiny 8 game library. I don't know if it is from playing them back to back but i am getting burnt out. They really need to change some things in the 3DS games. More user friendly menus to begin with. What would you guys change in the series if you had the chance?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Berksy said:
Finally got the game from my backlog and keep playing to finish the story now. So LTTP lol.
I was a fan of the original games and Black&White are on par, even better. Bought my DSi like a year ago and i already got SoulSilver, Platinum and White in my tiny 8 game library. I don't know if it is from playing them back to back but i am getting burnt out. They really need to change some things in the 3DS games. More user friendly menus to begin with. What would you guys change in the series if you had the chance?

I would destroy it all. I want real time Pokemon battles as the default, or at least something similar to a tactics square based battles. This is what I want, and it is what I will never receive. ;_;

Berksy

EvilMario said:
I would destroy it all. I want real time Pokemon battles as the default, or at least something similar to a tactics square based battles. This is what I want, and it is what I will never receive. ;_;

Hah, a FF7 alike ATB system would be good where the pokémon bars would fill according to their speed. This would stress the player about what move to chose like in anime :D

I would screw the tile based overworld i guess. NPC blocking the way is so 1998 :c

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ColtraineGF said:
Just as a note to those interested: Toys R' Us will be distributing Snarl Zoroark from Sept. 18 - 25.

Snarl can't be gotten any other way (no TM 95 distribution), so keep that in mind.

It's such bullshit that it isn't a wifi event and further bullshit you still can't get the TM legally. Even further bullshit I can't get the liberty ticket to get my Victini legitly. >:|

I already got a Zoroark since I cloned my Reshiram with Make a Wish GTS. So it isn't as hugely important to me now in the Pokedex sense. :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
TheSeks said:
It's such bullshit that it isn't a wifi event and further bullshit you still can't get the TM legally. Even further bullshit I can't get the liberty ticket to get my Victini legitly. >:|

I already got a Zoroark since I cloned my Reshiram with Make a Wish GTS. So it isn't as hugely important to me now in the Pokedex sense. :/

Welcome to Pokemon!

You're not missing much with Snarl anyways, aside from not being able to complete your TM list.

TheSeks

EvilMario said:
Welcome to Pokemon!

You're not missing much with Snarl anyways, aside from not being able to complete your TM list.

More like Welcome to Nintendo of America. At least in Japan they do wifi events for nearly everything. Which is what should've been done since Gen 4. >:|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
TheSeks said:
More like Welcome to Nintendo of America. At least in Japan they do wifi events for nearly everything. Which is what should've been done since Gen 4. >:|

Plenty of movie events in Japan that you'll have to shell out for. And then there's the shame of going to a movie theatre to watch a Pokemon movie.

clemenx

Banned
I'm done with this fucking game for a while ;_;

Finally get a good streak going. Choice Scarf Pinsir appears and connects 3 guillotines in a row. Fucking hell. I don't know why I find battle subway so addicting, so I'll be back.

TheSeks

clemenx said:
I'm done with this fucking game for a while ;_;

Finally get a good streak going. Choice Scarf Pinsir appears and connects 3 guillotines in a row. Fucking hell. I don't know why I find battle subway so addicting, so I'll be back.

Battle Tow--er--"Subway" is fucking cheating. They have some builds in there that you CAN NOT get legitly. Don't take it so seriously.

N4Us

Can anyone trade me a Snorunt? Don't care if it's male or female, but preferably below level 10. I've got a billion Eevees, can also breed some of the starts (like Chimchar or Turtwig) and most of the fossil Pokemon, or maybe something else.

Berksy said:
What would you guys change in the series if you had the chance?

A change to the format of the campaign so that it's not just the usual Gyms quest would be enough to keep me interested. Other than that, they can do their usual gentle refinement and evolution and I'd be happy.

Maybe scale IVs back from the 32-point scale they are now to the 16-point one they used to be pre-Gen 3.

Europe just got the venusaur C-gear added, blastoise C-gear comes in october and Charizard in November.

Still not quite sure why they are doing these exclusive C-gears tho...

Slermy

kyo_daikun said:
Europe just got the venusaur C-gear added, blastoise C-gear comes in october and Charizard in November.

I want these in the US, they look so cool. :(

Feorax

kyo_daikun said:

So do we think this is all the event stuff will be for Europe from now on? I've been waiting for a reason to go back to the game, and unfortunately, I don't think C-Gear skins will cut it...

OMG Aero

Feorax said:
So do we think this is all the event stuff will be for Europe from now on? I've been waiting for a reason to go back to the game, and unfortunately, I don't think C-Gear skins will cut it...
There are still three event exclusive Pokemon and the Snarl TM and they haven't been released anywhere yet.
Given the awkward way the Snarl TM is distributed (You have to collect the event item in HG/SS then transfer it to B/W with two DS's) I doubt we are ever going to get that but the legendary Pokemon are up in the air right now.
Last gen NOE was pretty good about doing events (I think they did all of the Platinum and HG/SS ones barring Arceus, but they flat out gave that away instead of doing the Hall of Origin event) so I think we will we get them at some point, but probably not until they are in movies or they might hold them back for Grey like they did with some of the Diamond and Pearl events and Platinum.

Berksy

Just put in a code to get the venasaur skin. Though i have no idea to how to transfer it to game. I am so new to global link.

TheSeks

Berksy said:
Just put in a code to get the venasaur skin. Though i have no idea to how to transfer it to game. I am so new to global link.

GL->Customize->Select Skin->Okay!

Return from Dream World

TAH-DAH.

Dumb question I know but I just got back into playing Pokemon White, I am wondering if anyone happens to have an extra Tornadus they might be willing to part with? If not I understand, just thought I'd put it out there though.

TheSeks

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Dumb question I know but I just got back into playing Pokemon White, I am wondering if anyone happens to have an extra Tornadus they might be willing to part with? If not I understand, just thought I'd put it out there though.

Do you have an extra of the white version of him? I can make one this week and get it to you.

TheSeks said:
Do you have an extra of the white version of him? I can make one this week and get it to you.
I only have the one and I am un aware of any way to make a copy of them with just 1 ds and 1 cart. Sorry TheSeks.

If there is a way then let me know and I will try to get you a Thundurus.

TheSeks

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I only have the one and I am un aware of any way to make a copy of them with just 1 ds and 1 cart. Sorry TheSeks.

If there is a way then let me know and I will try to get you a Thundurus.

Google MakeaWish GTS and make an account there, send your White Exclusive to the GTS storage and then reconnect after putting it in the Queue. It'll clone your storage copy. Need more help, check the website.

TheSeks said:
Google MakeaWish GTS and make an account there, send your White Exclusive to the GTS storage and then reconnect after putting it in the Queue. It'll clone your storage copy. Need more help, check the website.
Awesome I'll look into it when I get home from work.

Acerac

Banned
After ages of playing solely on NetBattle I've decided to give cartridge battling a shot.

Though most of my potential opposition is... less than competitive, I'd still rather have a decent team at my disposal. That being said, many of the poke's I'd prefer to use are very difficult to obtain, specifically dream world builds.

Is there any good resources on how to acquire many of these pokemon? I'd love to get ahold of poison point gliscor and a few others, but I don't know the first place to search, and seeing as how BW is the first pokemon game I've finished in ages, my trading stock is rather meager, my army of Victinis acquired when the game was new and people were giving them up for practically nothing is my only real trade bait.

I do have access to AR and will use it if there is no other options (AR being fairly common in the community in which I'm participating in) but would prefer to go the legitimate route if it isn't excessively difficult.

idwl

ok I Really really wanna play pokemon but I don't want to get pokemon fatigue before the 3ds version comes out. How good is black/white? The last pokemon game I play was Diamond and yellow before that.

Roto13

TheSeks said:

Well if you're using the Make a Wish GTS, you can stick Snarl on a Zoroark anyway.

I think I've ruined Pokemon for everyone. :p

TheSeks

Roto13 said:
Well if you're using the Make a Wish GTS, you can stick Snarl on a Zoroark anyway.

I think I've ruined Pokemon for everyone. :p

This is true, but I want the event item. >:|

Frost_Ace

TheSeks said:
This is true, but I want the event item. >:|
What was the event item?

EDIT:

Acerac said:
After ages of playing solely on NetBattle I've decided to give cartridge battling a shot.

Though most of my potential opposition is... less than competitive, I'd still rather have a decent team at my disposal. That being said, many of the poke's I'd prefer to use are very difficult to obtain, specifically dream world builds.

Is there any good resources on how to acquire many of these pokemon? I'd love to get ahold of poison point gliscor and a few others, but I don't know the first place to search, and seeing as how BW is the first pokemon game I've finished in ages, my trading stock is rather meager, my army of Victinis acquired when the game was new and people were giving them up for practically nothing is my only real trade bait.

I do have access to AR and will use it if there is no other options (AR being fairly common in the community in which I'm participating in) but would prefer to go the legitimate route if it isn't excessively difficult.
I have almost any strong female dw pokemon (missing carvanha, gyarados and a few others...), I can breed them if you want ;)

OMG Aero

Acerac said:

I can breed you a Dream World Gligar if you want.

Acerac

Banned
Frost_Ace said:
I have almost any strong female dw pokemon (missing carvanha, gyarados and a few others...), I can breed them if you want ;)
Holy crap that would be AMAZING. If I could have a Gligar, Poliwag, Torchic, Litwick, and Shroomish that would be absurdly helpful.

Looking at the list it seems like a lot... I'm trying to think if there is any way I can compensate you for your time. My trades in this game are rather crap, and considering how much you have I doubt anything I have would be of value...

*Laughs*

I don't suppose you play Team Fortress? I have decent trades in that game I could give.

How does one acquire DW pokes anyways? If it is something I could do single player perhaps I could acquire some of the ones you're missing?

Frost_Ace

Acerac said:
Holy crap that would be AMAZING. If I could have a Gligar, Poliwag, Torchic, Litwick, and Shroomish that would be absurdly helpful.

Looking at the list it seems like a lot... I'm trying to think if there is any way I can compensate you for your time. My trades in this game are rather crap, and considering how much you have I doubt anything I have would be of value...

*Laughs*

I don't suppose you play Team Fortress? I have decent trades in that game I could give.

How does one acquire DW pokes anyways? If it is something I could do single player perhaps I could acquire some of the ones you're missing?
awww don't worry I don't need anything in exchange. Anyway from your list only poliwag and gligar are legally released in the west D:

are you sure you only want those two? I have a spare female drought vulpix.

Top Bottom