• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Acerac

Banned
Frost_Ace said:
awww don't worry I don't need anything in exchange. Anyway from your list only poliwag and gligar are legally released in the west D:

are you sure you only want those two? I have a spare female drought vulpix.
Oh goodness! Shows how much knowledge I have about the current metagame! I battled on the sims back before the game was out and remembered those being some of my favorites, I had no idea that they were being released so slowly.

That being said, I'd surely love a drought Vulpix as well, it'd be a nice change of pace from the overwhelmingly popular sandstorm/drizzle teams that seem to be everywhere these days.

The team I had whipped up before I took my vacation from the game was a trick room group, and while it is fun to play, trick room teams tend to have a couple of problems in my experience. :)

I have to admit I have no idea how we'd connect to do these trades. I'm assuming through the online portion of c-gear. It says my ID is CJXQZKJBRD, I'd guess this is important.

*Edit*

Nope apparently that's for dream world.

Ah-ha! Got it! My friend code is 4599 2100 9790

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Awesome I'll look into it when I get home from work.

I've got your Tornadus if you have the cloned White exclusive version of it's rival. (Thundarus?) let me know when you want to trade.

TheSeks said:
I've got your Tornadus if you have the cloned White exclusive version of it's rival. (Thundarus?) let me know when you want to trade.
Awesome. I was actually going to clone it tonight. Past few days have been hectic. I'll pm you when I have it.

Acerac

Banned
Frost_Ace you're amazing. Hooking me up with so many awesome pokes that I'd not have access to otherwise, you've been an incredible help.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

Frost_Ace

Acerac said:
Frost_Ace you're amazing. Hooking me up with so many awesome pokes that I'd not have access to otherwise, you've been an incredible help.

Thanks so much for your assistance!
You're welcome =D
It's always nice to help a fellow GAFer when I can!

Hex

Banned
TheSeks said:
What Banette password?

In the October Nintendo Power there will be a code to get Banette for Pokemon Black/White :)
(Info just went up on the Global Link after you log in)

TheSeks

Hex said:
In the October Nintendo Power there will be a code to get Banette for Pokemon Black/White :)

Through the Dreamworld or is it in-game?

Does Serebii have info and the password?

btkadams

Hex said:
(Info just went up on the Global Link after you log in)
shit! has there been anything else like this since victini? i havne't kept up.

Slermy

Anyone else with a September birthday get their birthday gift? I activated it on the main pokémon site, but I didn't have an option to retrieve my 'mon in the Dreamworld.

TheSeks

btkadams said:
shit! has there been anything else like this since victini? i havne't kept up.

No, but next week at Toys 'R Us Snarl will be on Zoroark/White Cover Exclusive.

Snarl is TM 93, but you can't get the TM (so far) so this will be the first "legit" Snarl 'mon for the move to test/try out.

Roto13

TheSeks said:
No, but next week at Toys 'R Us Snarl will be on Zoroark/White Cover Exclusive.

Snarl is TM 93, but you can't get the TM (so far) so this will be the first "legit" Snarl 'mon for the move to test/try out.
The White exclusive legendary is Zekrom. :p Zoroark is Zorua evolved.

TheSeks

Druddigon is such a terrible Dragon. Like, for real. Even a Krookodile is better than him to combat other dragons and Krookodile isn't even a fucking dragon. WTF. :/

JVIDICAN

Hey guys! I mentioned having another tournament a while back but nothing ever came of it as far as I'm aware. So, would anyone be opposed to me setting one up? :eek:

JVIDICAN said:
Hey guys! I mentioned having another tournament a while back but nothing ever came of it as far as I'm aware. So, would anyone be opposed to me setting one up? :eek:
Nope, not at all. I'd even join in, if I can get my Pokemon leveled up some more.
Also, here's my Friend Code is anyone just wants to have a fun match.
FC: 1807-2049-7093
PM me if you'd like to have a match :)

Ondore

So I stopped by my local Toys R Us for the Zoroak event... "Due to circumstances beyond our control, we do not have the Zoroak."

Goddamnit.

JVIDICAN

Would you guys rather have Gen V monsters only or open it up to Gens I-V?
Also, the tourney will probably end up being singles, unless doubles are highly requested.
So it should be a little more accessible to participants with less time on their hands. :)
Finally, (once again, if you guys are ok with it) there'll be a sleep clause. Because having your whole team put to sleep is boring and lame, not to mention rage inducing. :p
Aside from that I'll be sticking with VGC rules, with maybe a few exceptions.

OMG Aero

Gen V only would be interesting, but I'd need some time to breed and train half my team.
When do you plan on actually starting the tournament?

TheSeks

Ondore said:
So I stopped by my local Toys R Us for the Zoroak event... "Due to circumstances beyond our control, we do not have the Zoroak."

Goddamnit.

I'll clone you one if you don't care about EV/IV/Nature for it and just want the event 'mon if my Toys 'R Us is doing it (they should be, they did Gen4 events)

JVIDICAN said:
Would you guys rather have Gen V monsters only or open it up to Gens I-V?
Also, the tourney will probably end up being singles, unless doubles are highly requested.
So it should be a little more accessible to participants with less time on their hands. :)
Finally, (once again, if you guys are ok with it) there'll be a sleep clause. Because having your whole team put to sleep is boring and lame, not to mention rage inducing. :p
Aside from that I'll be sticking with VGC rules, with maybe a few exceptions.
I'd rather have all generations open myself, as that's my team.
As asked earlier, when do you plan on starting it?

Firestorm said:
VGC 2012 rules are out for those interested! A lot of changes this year with how events are run. I might try making a topic for it again once we have full location details.

Rules: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455104
US Locations so far: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454981

National competitions in Toronto (Canada) and Indianapolis (USA) have also been confirmed for summer.
Well I'm glad I know the rules now!
Awesome, I'd go to the one in Toronto.

Wiseblade

Firestorm said:
VGC 2012 rules are out for those interested! A lot of changes this year with how events are run. I might try making a topic for it again once we have full location details.

Rules: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455104
US Locations so far: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454981

National competitions in Toronto (Canada) and Indianapolis (USA) have also been confirmed for summer.
So basically it's Random Matchup Doubles? Cool. I might have to enter this year, even if it means making the trek to Birmingham.

JVIDICAN

OMG Aero said:
Gen V only would be interesting, but I'd need some time to breed and train half my team.
When do you plan on actually starting the tournament?
I'll have sign ups probably for the next 1-2 weeks, and then start the actual tourney in 3-4 weeks.

pokemon-next-gen.jpg

This is the art style I want for my next Pokemon series and games. Do it NINTENDO!

Wichu

Frost_Ace said:
OMG I hope we get shadow tag chandelure/gothitelle and prankster sableye from this *_*
5th gen Pokémon are out of the question; Black/White don't contain sprites for them to be used in the Entralink. Fingers crossed for Sableye, though - it's one of the Dream World Pokémon I want :)

Gruco

Banned
Surprising that this is coming before the US gets the Pokemon cafe...I was hoping for that one for Poli (no luck yet in pleasant forest), Eevee, and Smeargle.

I have to say though, the combination of dream world expansions in addition to the regular events is definitely doing a lot to give this generation some legs.

Hex

Banned
Kind of an odd question, anyone ever do the dreamworld stuff on an Asus Transformer tablet? Just wondering how it does.

TheSeks

Hex said:
Kind of an odd question, anyone ever do the dreamworld stuff on an Asus Transformer tablet? Just wondering how it does.

Outside of Wailmore (dragging) and the icecream (holding a button), most of the stuff is point/poke-ish. I don't see what a tablet would have issues.

survivor

Banned
SixStringPsycho said:
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/pokemon-next-gen.jpg[IMG]
This is the art style I want for my next Pokemon series and games. Do it NINTENDO![/QUOTE]
Got a name for the artist?

TheSeks

Awww... can't clone the Zoroark due to the stupid event ribbon. :/

TheSeks

Is there any reason to continue grinding in Black City if you've already got all the TM's that are store-buyable?

JVIDICAN

TheSeks said:
Is there any reason to continue grinding in Black City if you've already got all the TM's that are store-buyable?
Only if you don't want everyone to abandon you and take their buildings with them. ;_;

Top Bottom