• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JVIDICAN said:
Only if you don't want everyone to abandon you and take their buildings with them. ;_;

Well, that and fast EXP for Pokedex evolving by level entries.

Speaking of which, does Meinfoo ever evolve by level? Nearly level 50 and nothing.

TheSeks

Yeah, it was 50. Replaced him with that flying fish lightning one to get the first evolution's dex entry since I apparently caught the second evolution.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
I am so not into Pokemon tournaments. :p
even when you could win.. THIS?! >:D
UzXq3.jpg

:p

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
Fine. lol. Are you attempting to get shiny versions of all 646? 0_0
Maybe. :p I don't really have anything else to do in my game so I'm downloading shinies and evolving them and stuff. I'm not really willing to put too much effort into it, though. (No breeding for shinies. Cheating only. :p)

I've been getting them from that site for months now so I have 230 shiny Pokemon in my Wish GTS storage. And I mostly only keep basic evolutions in there so my Pokedex has the evolved forms of a lot of them already.

I guess I probably have more than half of the pokemon in my pokedex viewable in shiny form. As soon as I get a shiny Tepig, my whole team will be shiny. :p (And two or three of the ones on my team are legit shinies, too.)

Anyone have a Speed Boost Torchic?
And Snarl Zoroark ... I take it that you can't pass that move down with breeding, right? I haven't looked into that yet :/

Firestorm

Black-Wind said:
Anyone have a Speed Boost Torchic?
And Snarl Zoroark ... I take it that you can't pass that move down with breeding, right? I haven't looked into that yet :/
It's a TM in the game, so if the male has it you should be able to breed it.

On an unrelated note, I am loving VGC 2012. Any metagame where Butterfree is viable is A-OK by my book.

TheSeks

Black-Wind said:
And Snarl Zoroark I take it that you can't pass that move down with breeding, right? I haven't looked into that yet :/

No, but you can put it on a Smergle to breed, I wager. It's a TM move, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to breed otherwise.

Also got Bannett, thanks.

Firestorm said:
It's a TM in the game, so if the male has it you should be able to breed it.

On an unrelated note, I am loving VGC 2012. Any metagame where Butterfree is viable is A-OK by my book.
TheSeks said:
No, but you can put it on a Smergle to breed, I wager. It's a TM move, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to breed otherwise.

Also got Bannett, thanks.

Ok, thanks!

So anyone feel like giving me one? :3

Wiseblade

Tunavi said:
random question about the virtual console system, but why isn't pokemon red/blue/gold/silver on the virtual console?
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were afraid of one of Red/Blue's many, many glitches bricking 3DSes, so they might never come out. Especially when FireRed/LeafGreen exist.

TheSeks

Wiseblade said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were afraid of one of Red/Blue's many, many glitches bricking 3DSes, so they might never come out. Especially when FireRed/LeafGreen exist.

Er-how can an emulator fuck up the hardware?

Ondore

TheSeks said:
Er-how can an emulator fuck up the hardware?

Some of those glitches cause a "save data destroyed" message. Lord only knows what that would do to a system with advanced firmware.

Also, it'd be too much work to make the trading functions work without a cable.

OMG Aero

Red and Blue really don't hold up that well nowadays anyway.
They are incredibly slow and some of the things in those games are broken as hell.There was a great Reddit post that had a list of some really messed up things in Gen1 but I can't find it now, like how Focus energy actually lowered your chances of getting a critical hit and Pokemon with a trapping move like wrap or a sleep inducing move could utterly break the game since the opponent didn't get to move after being released/waking up.

TheSeks

Ondore said:
Some of those glitches cause a "save data destroyed" message. Lord only knows what that would do to a system with advanced firmware.

Er-Emulators are sandboxes. I'd really question Nintendo's coding ability if they let those glitches fuck their main hardware instead of crashing the emulator.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh wow that recovery thing. XD

The game spent eight years in development but they were still glitchy as hell. But that's why we love them. <3

Edit-

If you use the move Substitute with exactly 25% HP left, you'll kill yourself.

KuGsj.gif

Wichu

The Rage miss thing screwed over my brother once. I think he was training his Dodrio against the Elite Four, and used Rage against Onix. It missed (reducing its accuracy to 1/256). This would be where he'd wait for Onix to KO it, then destroy him with something else. Instead, Onix proceeded to use Rage - and also miss. Cue never-ending Rage fight (he had to turn it off).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wichu said:
The Rage miss thing screwed over my brother once. I think he was training his Dodrio against the Elite Four, and used Rage against Onix. It missed (reducing its accuracy to 1/256). This would be where he'd wait for Onix to KO it, then destroy him with something else. Instead, Onix proceeded to use Rage - and also miss. Cue never-ending Rage fight (he had to turn it off).

Ha ha, that's great.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
I once had a Haunter that knew Rage battle a Pidgeotto knowing only normal moves that started off the battle with sand attack and my Rage missed. That was a long day.

Lol, and Struggle is normal too. Infinite battle. XD

fernoca

Well, finally got it! Got Pokémon White version. Going to start in a few secs.

Now, even when I've been a fan of Pokémon overall since "day one" (in the uS); I've been pretty much in the dark about this game.

I've read stuff about passwords, and other stuff....so; any suggestions/starting things to know? What are this "passwords" and where do I put them and stuff? :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
fernoca said:
Well, finally got it! Got Pokémon White version. Going to start in a few secs.

Now, even when I've been a fan of Pokémon overall since "day one" (in the uS); I've been pretty much in the dark about this game.

I've read stuff about passwords, and other stuff....so; any suggestions/starting things to know? What are this "passwords" and where do I put them and stuff? :p

The OP goes over it pretty well I think. Ask questions if you run into problems.

Also, welcome to the family! You chose the superior version. :D

fernoca

Andrex said:
The OP goes over it pretty well I think. Ask questions if you run into problems.

Also, welcome to the family! You chose the superior version. :D
Dammit, so much stuff I ignored. Guess I'll be reading the OP first. :eek:!

Started and chose Oshawott.

TheSeks

Andrex said:
You also chose the best starter! You have my sword.

Smugleaf is the best. Until the last evolution, then it becomes "oh god, what the fuck" tier.

Top Bottom