• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
upandaway said:
I have a secret to tell you, Gravijah.

Your Pikachu just hated you.

Everybody knows a Pikachu can't evolve if he's hatin'.

Correct. Everyone's starting Pikachu was like Ash's son of a bitch hated you and wouldn't evolve. So Raichu is totally a starting evolution.

Gravijah said:
charizard is a part of a starter line. raichu in yellow is not. you can't evolve a starter pikachu within yellow.
Alright, let's say I agree to disagree, b/c I think that starters are singular, and don't include the entire line :p

Though, I'll say yes on no Raichu, because of the no-evo in Yellow thing :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
scraggy_lamp_by_smimon-d4ca4hv.jpg

...I want this lamp.

Damnit!

Just did the C-Gear stuff ... you mean I can't get the kick ass Pikachu one because it's expired? LAME!

And I don't understand why I keep going to the spooky house or how why I can't get more than one Pokemon on my board.

Frost_Ace

So how do you subscribe to the wi-fi official tournament? I've been wandering on the global link page for 1 hour and can't still find anything :(

OMG Aero

Black-Wind said:
Damnit!

Just did the C-Gear stuff ... you mean I can't get the kick ass Pikachu one because it's expired? LAME!

And I don't understand why I keep going to the spooky house or how why I can't get more than one Pokemon on my board.
You have to unlock the different locations by getting more points and it is completely random which location you go to out of the ones you have unlocked. If you have only just started it, you can only go to the forest or the house.
And the Pokemon that goes on your board is what you send back to your game. You can befriend as many Pokemon as you want through doing mini-games, and you can return to your house and keep going back to the island instead of going to the tree when you reach the end of an area but you can only send one Pokemon a day back to your game.

OMG Aero

Firestorm said:
It says in the regulations that once you put your Pokemon in the Battle Box and register, the Battle Box is locked until the competition is over. Does that mean you can't use those Pokemon in the rest of the game until the competition ends, or does it just mean those Pokemon are selected for the competition and you can't change who you enter with?

NoRéN

So, Tornadus isn't appearing for me. Is that like a one chance to catch it type of thing? Am I out of luck on that one?

Roto13

NoRéN said:
So, Tornadus isn't appearing for me. Is that like a one chance to catch it type of thing? Am I out of luck on that one?
It should keep showing up until you catch it or knock it out. Are you looking for it where it's stormy?

NoRéN

Roto13 said:
It should keep showing up until you catch it or knock it out. Are you looking for it where it's stormy?
Yeah. I caught its equivalent in White. But in black it just isn't appearing. I go to the screens that tell you where there's a storm. I go at night but when I get there, there's no storm. It's really weird.

Roto13

NoRéN said:
Yeah. I caught its equivalent in White. But in black it just isn't appearing. I go to the screens that tell you where there's a storm. I go at night but when I get there, there's no storm. It's really weird.
Like all roaming legendaries, it moves pretty frequently. If there's no storm when you arrive, go to the next checkpoint and keep looking. I think it might travel in a circle around Unova, but I caught him way back in March so I don't remember. :p

There's nothing better to use your Master Ball on, so feel free to chuck that at it when you find it.

NoRéN

Roto13 said:
Like all roaming legendaries, it moves pretty frequently. If there's no storm when you arrive, go to the next checkpoint and keep looking. I think it might travel in a circle around Unova, but I caught him way back in March so I don't remember. :p

There's nothing better to use your Master Ball on, so feel free to chuck that at it when you find it.
Yeah, I actually saved the master ball for Kyurem and didn't need it so I have it still. Weird how easily I encountered Thundurus in white and Tornadus is being such a pain. I'll try again tonight.

edit: Or if anyone is interested, we could trade for it. Your Tornadus for my:
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Volcarona

Sure, all of them.

Frost_Ace

So i signed up for the tourney, I don't know if I will be able to participate since most likely I won't be home but If I do I'll most likely use this team:

whimsicott/terrakion/reuniclus/mienshao/haxorus/jellicent

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Masuda went pretty crazy with the audio allusions in B/W. But that's to be expected from someone who started working in the series as composer on Red/Green. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The blog usually gets translated into English fairly quickly. I think it lags behind by like a few days.

Tenck

So my team consists of

Musharna 32
Krokorok 35
Pansear 31
Dewott 32
Herdier 31
Sawk 35

I love all my Pokemon, but before I level the rest to level 35 (Not having all your Pokemon in your party the same level seeks dumb to me) I want some advice.

I want to close any weak spots on my team (one grass Pokemon demolishing both my Krok and Dewott) and a water Pokemon hqving a great fighting chance since nothing in my team would take one down (and it would defeat my Krok and Pansear). Then there's a Psychic pokemon beating both Sawk and Musharna :/

What Pokemons would be great to add to my team? I should add that I'm on the sixth gym right now. I feel like Klink would be a great addition to the team but I don't know what else since I've lately seen like 60 new Pokemon so far.

Frost_Ace

Tenck said:
So my team consists of

Musharna 32
Krokorok 35
Pansear 31
Dewott 32
Herdier 31
Sawk 35

I love all my Pokemon, but before I level the rest to level 35 (Not having all your Pokemon in your party the same level seeks dumb to me) I want some advice.

I want to close any weak spots on my team (one grass Pokemon demolishing both my Krok and Dewott) and a water Pokemon hqving a great fighting chance since nothing in my team would take one down (and it would defeat my Krok and Pansear). Then there's a Psychic pokemon beating both Sawk and Musharna :/

What Pokemons would be great to add to my team? I should add that I'm on the sixth gym right now. I feel like Klink would be a great addition to the team but I don't know what else since I've lately seen like 60 new Pokemon so far.
Your team looks pretty solid in-game wise, if you have problem with water pokemon what about adding a joltik/galvantula? With compoundeyes it has a STAB thunder with 90% accuracy and it gets rid of psychic pokemon too since it's a bug.

Tenck

Frost_Ace said:
Your team looks pretty solid in-game wise, if you have problem with water pokemon what about adding a joltik/galvantula? With compoundeyes it has a STAB thunder with 90% accuracy and it gets rid of psychic pokemon too since it's a bug.

What Pokemon could be replaced with a Joltik? I'm thinking probably Herdier, but his dark attacks are pretty useful. Krok has two useful dark attacks so far but he seems like a glass canon so far.

Gravijah

i'd get rid of pansear or sawk but that's just me. i'd replace pansear with the litwick line, and sawk with the timburr line or (personal favorite) the mienfoo line.

Roto13

Tenck said:
So my team consists of

Musharna 32
Krokorok 35
Pansear 31
Dewott 32
Herdier 31
Sawk 35

Your Musharna is never going to learn any new moves naturally. (I noticed you evolved your Munna before it could learn Psychic. :p)

Tenck

Roto13 said:
Your Musharna is never going to learn any new moves naturally. (I noticed you evolved your Munna before it could learn Psychic. :p)

Yeah that sucks :/

I learned a little too late about that :(

Just thinking of leveling up another ones makes me grind my teeth. Even with the lucky egg, it wasn't fun leveling it. I just did it because I needed Psychic attacks :/

Wiseblade

Duane Cunningham said:
Oh my god, Terrakion's catch rate is a bitch. Asleep, paralyzed and one HP, yet he refuses to stay in any of a whole stack of ultra balls
Try Dusk Balls to start with, then Timers if it really drags on.

Roto13

Tenck said:
Yeah that sucks :/

I learned a little too late about that :(

Just thinking of leveling up another ones makes me grind my teeth. Even with the lucky egg, it wasn't fun leveling it. I just did it because I needed Psychic attacks :/
I'm not sure when you evolved it, but Psychic and Dream Eater can be taught with TMs eventually.

I have a level 100 Musharna on my team. :p

TheSeks

What's a good Pokedex site that shows all the Pokemon in a non-drop-down list?

Tenck

Roto13 said:
I'm not sure when you evolved it, but Psychic and Dream Eater can be taught with TMs eventually.

I have a level 100 Musharna on my team. :p

Any idea where the TMs are in the game? Browsing through my phone is a bit annoying :/

NoRéN

Duane Cunningham said:
Oh my god, Terrakion's catch rate is a bitch. Asleep, paralyzed and one HP, yet he refuses to stay in any of a whole stack of ultra balls
I'll trade you mine if you like.

Roto13

Tenck said:
Any idea where the TMs are in the game? Browsing through my phone is a bit annoying :/
According to Bulbapedia, Psychic is on Route 13 and Dream Eater is in the Dreamyard basement.

TheSeks

Tenck said:
I'm on route 6 ;_;

Thanks a bunch man.

Let me save you time: Dump her. Dump her in a box and never look back. I carried that bitch with me all across the first half of Unova and got NOTHING out of it. He's right that TM's make her sort-of viable, but why bother? Get another Psychic type (is there another psychic type?) and forget her.

Also forget a Druddigon, I thought that dude would be okay as a pure dragon but his speed SUCKS and thus he gets wiped out against other dragons and even a Crookodile with Outrage/Dragon move does better dragon killing than him. >:|

Nice ability... but dies too fast and doesn't take hits too well for it.

Ondore

TheSeks said:
Get another Psychic type (is there another psychic type?) and forget her.

He's got Gothitelle in Black or Reuniculus if trading's available. Either one beats Musharna every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I like Musharna (well, I like Munna's design more I think.) But Reuniclus is just too good. And its design is awesome.

Top Bottom