• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Roto13 said:
Don't listen to these blasphemers. Musharna for life.

Sure, if you want an anchor to weigh you down. Me? I'll stick with non-burdens.

TheSeks

Roto13 said:
I don't think I understand the question. Why would you ask why you would want a Gen V Psychic type over a Gen II Normal type?

If you're walling (Moonlight + HP), Blissey does it better.

Poyunch

Had some friends over and they brought over their games and we did some battles. Now I'm having a Pokemon relapse. Time for EV training. :S

NoRéN

Duane Cunningham said:
Thanks for the offer, but dusk balls did the trick. Thanks for pointing it out, y'all.
No problem. I think Dusk Balls and Timer Balls are what i used to catch most of the legendaries so stock up on those.

TheSeks said:
Speaking of which, stat raising items: EV or IV's?
All 'stat raising' items alter Evs, not IVs (which are set at capture/birth). If you're using them to raise certain stats, you should definitely plan ahead...

TheSeks

ColtraineGF said:
All 'stat raising' items alter Evs, not IVs (which are set at capture/birth). If you're using them to raise certain stats, you should definitely plan ahead...

Well, I've got a bunch of level 1 shiny's due to Make a Wish GTS and was planning to futz about with them. Guess I'll check Smogon and then shove pills down their throats before jump starting their levels with Black City.

Tenck

TheSeks said:
Well, I've got a bunch of level 1 shiny's due to Make a Wish GTS and was planning to futz about with them. Guess I'll check Smogon and then shove pills down their throats before jump starting their levels with Black City.

A bunch of shinies :/

I've been a huge fanatic of Pokemon and sunk thousands of hours into the series ever since Pokemon Blue. Only caught a shiny Mareep last year on Pokemon Superior Silver ;_;

TheSeks

Tenck said:
A bunch of shinies :/

I've been a huge fanatic of Pokemon and sunk thousands of hours into the series ever since Pokemon Blue. Only caught a shiny Mareep last year on Pokemon Superior Silver ;_;

Outside of Red Gyarados, I haven't caught any of these legit, just FYI.

And Make a Wish GTS are giving these out like candy, so why not? Might as well fill the shiny portion of the 'dex.

balddemon

Banned
only shiny i've caught (besides red gyarados) was a green zubat. i forgot which game exactly, but i know it had dusk balls, and i know it was in my sophomore year (2006-2007) holy shit that was forever ago

Slermy

Never caught a shiny myself aside from the aforementioned Gyarados. I did successfully abuse the RNG to obtain a shiny Eevee though... never again.

upandaway

All I can say is after Gen 5 I'm finally no longer in this cursed group. Now I got one of these fuckers

Spr_5b_526_s.png

The secret: grinding in the Victory Road instead of the league.

If I was getting a common cave Pokemon though I really wish I'd have gotten a Zubat. That pink Crobat is fabulous.

Frost_Ace

Slermy said:
Never caught a shiny myself aside from the aforementioned Gyarados. I did successfully abuse the RNG to obtain a shiny Eevee though... never again.
Why never again? It's so easy this gen and I love me some perfect shinies <3

Slermy

Frost_Ace said:
Why never again? It's so easy this gen and I love me some perfect shinies <3

Ah, I did it in Gen IV. To be fair, I was also trying for a specific nature. I had also forgotten how easy it's supposed to be this gen, so perhaps I'll give it another shot.

N4Us

balddemon said:
only shiny i've caught (besides red gyarados) was a green zubat. i forgot which game exactly, but i know it had dusk balls, and i know it was in my sophomore year (2006-2007) holy shit that was forever ago

Funny thing is shiny Zubat was the first shiny I ever got too, obtained it from the Ruby era and I still have the same shiny Crobat in my current game.

Only found shiny Drifblim and Audino otherwise, also have a shiny Ludicolo traded from a friend.

And I usually don't bother with clones but man, Make A Wish is so tempting.

Delio

Watching the videos uploaded for the tournament. Some interesting stuff i'm seeing like my friend using the freaking Dog really well. Lovely battles.

Okay, so all I'm missing in the Unova Pokedex are Thundrus (and Landorus), Zekrom, Snivey and Tepig. I'm thinking about grabbing a used copy of White to finish it off, but maybe I should just wait for whatever Grey turns out to be.

upandaway

The Awesomest said:
Hey GAF, what's a good name for a Sigilyph? And a female Cofagrigus? I was thinking of Nefertiti or something for that one.
Sigilyph: Nazca (first thing I thought about when I saw it)
Cofagrigus: He sorta looks like that Sarco something, sarcoph something, whatever the egyptian tombs are called. I guess Sarcoph is an okay name?

Edit: google says it's called a sarcophagus. Knew it. It really does look like one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yurop? Pfft. Alright, I'll try but I don't really know what's happening either.

The thread is, of course, open source, and welcomes any improvements.

vDaedalus

Hey guys, somewhat nebulous question but I remember seeing a picture around the time B/W was first released of "Ash" that appeared to be in some sort of anime. He had his hat tilted down to cover his face. Does anyone know where this is from?

Anth0ny

Fucking finally finished this shit:

SC6uJ.png

Notes:

-Included my favorite sprite of each chosen Pokemon, just for kicks.

-Gen III and IV fucking suck. Not sure what happened with Gen V, everything became awesome again!

-Some types in certain gens really suck. So I just put placeholders.

DryvBy

clemenx said:
Regarding Wi-Fi gifts. It's cause NOE and NOA suck :(
That's what I figured. Dang. I take it I can't get all the rare stuff Pokemon has to offer? Anyone wanna dupe me a Mew and such? :p

Firestorm said:
hey the credits are rolling where the hell is my hall of fame entry i call bs

Technically, N had gone through and raped the Elite 4 just before you, so you weren't fighting them at full strength and you never got to face the champion. So no Hall of Fame entry until you fight them at full strength and beat the champion.

Frost_Ace

Ok I'm in love with prankster sableye, it's so annoying and surprisingly resistant with priority will-o-wisp.

I so gonna use it on 1vs1 wi fi lol

Top Bottom