• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Izayoi

Banned
Schmitty said:
Really need to get back into catching them all, but all these new games plus class makes it hard.
Ask for help here.

We have several certified Pokemon Masters™ who I'm sure would be willing to help you out.

Izayoi

Banned
joelseph said:
Best place to grind for E4 victory road? Sturdy can suck my power gems.
Best place to grind for E4 or grind for Victory Road?

For the Elite Four, throwing the broken and battered bodies of your Pokemon at them repeatedly is a very solid method.

Grind, die, grind, die, grind, die...

PS_GUY

Blargh! I wish I can take back my guess. I'm now convinced it's either Gligar or Gliscor. I'm leaning towards Gligar because Gliscor doesn't look purple.

0/1 :(

i started up my black game again since i only ever made it to the end but didn't venture much into post game...

Is it worth grinding some more just to see Black City or are there some other cool towns on the way there after the regular end of the story?

Roto13

Depending on where you start, Black City is either the first or last stop in a series of towns you haven't been able to visit yet. You don't really have to grind. The wild Pokemon and standard trainers are high level, but experience scaling means you'll join them soon enough. Plus, it's not like many of them have full teams. It's no Kanto, but the post game is worth checking out.

Roto13 said:
Depending on where you start, Black City is either the first or last stop in a series of towns you haven't been able to visit yet. You don't really have to grind. The wild Pokemon and standard trainers are high level, but experience scaling means you'll join them soon enough. Plus, it's not like many of them have full teams. It's no Kanto, but the post game is worth checking out.

ok will do then...

when you say "it's no Kanto" what are you referring to?

Winnie the Pimp said:
ok will do then...

when you say "it's no Kanto" what are you referring to?
In the Gold/Silver/Crystal games (set in Johto), you continue on after beating the Elite 4 and get to explore the entire world from the Red/Blue/Yellow games (set in Kanto). You even get to challenge the gym leaders. It's pretty sweet.

The post-game content in Black/White is not nearly as extensive.

UltimateIke said:
In the Gold/Silver/Crystal games (set in Johto), you continue on after beating the Elite 4 and get to explore the entire world from the Red/Blue/Yellow games (set in Kanto). You even get to challenge the gym leaders. It's pretty sweet.

The post-game content in Black/White is not nearly as extensive.

nice, do you also get that content in Heartgold or just the old GBC one?

Roto13

Winnie the Pimp said:
nice, do you also get that content in Heartgold or just the old GBC one?
It's in HeartGold/SoulSilver too. (They'd never be able to leave that out, it's one of the reasons GSC was so awesome. :p)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's what I thought, but it had been a while.

Not to mention that the Dojo actually had a use for the first time in Kanto's history.

Wiseblade

Izayoi said:
It's still pretty empty. Outside of them adding Viridian Forest it still feels kind of hollow.
Cerulean cave was also missing on the GSC, but was restored for HGSS. Along with the Legendary Birds/Mewtwo being unobtainable in the Gen II games.

Wichu

HG/SS postgame > B/W postgame in terms of quantity, but I thought B/W's undersea ruins were easily more awesome than anything in HG/SS.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wichu said:
HG/SS postgame > B/W postgame in terms of quantity, but I thought B/W's undersea ruins were easily more awesome than anything in HG/SS.

Not more awesome than Mt. Silver. :p

They were pretty neat though. Actually, they were sort of creepy, which is a feeling I didn't get from Pokemon since... Lavender Town? Distortion World sort of came close, but that was more "wtf" than "creepy."

Izayoi

Banned
Wichu said:
BW post-game is pretty extensive, though. It comes really close to HGSS in terms of quantity, and outside of Mt. Silver I'd argue that it is superior in quality.

balddemon

Banned
Andrex said:
Not more awesome than Mt. Silver. :p

They were pretty neat though. Actually, they were sort of creepy, which is a feeling I didn't get from Pokemon since... Lavender Town? Distortion World sort of came close, but that was more "wtf" than "creepy."

what creeps me out is that one house where you talk to the tv and "and evil presence is watching you". i play handhelds, and therefore pokemon, mostly at night and that still creeps me out to this day.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
balddemon said:
what creeps me out is that one house where you talk to the tv and "and evil presence is watching you". i play handhelds, and therefore pokemon, mostly at night and that still creeps me out to this day.

Oh, you mean Rotom?

Frost_Ace said:
well BW postgame is still godly if you factor in random wi-fi battles which are awesome.
I still haven't done a random wifi battle :/

IDK, I feel like I don't want to do it until I'm sure I can actually beat someone lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
New Victini C-Gear skin!

5wTlV.png

Pokémon: Victini
Password: VICTINI2011
Availability: November 4, 2011 to January 12, 2011

Roto13

Apparently there's a new Musical, too. Carnival Pokemon. You have to use a password from Nintendo Power for it, though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
Apparently there's a new Musical, too. Carnival Pokemon. You have to use a password from Nintendo Power for it, though.

Password is NPMUSICAL.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Does anyone have spare Female Dream World Pikachu (or line), or Eevee to trade? Both are Japanese events only, but I figured someone might have found one. Any of the starters released as Promos with DW abilities would be great as well, but they're lower priority.

I have some DW Pokemon of my own for trade, or a couple EV/IV trained/bred Pokemon. Or something. Halp ;_;

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Reposting from Smogon, as I've actually started raising a few Pokemon once more. Trick Room.. goo!

I've been having a bunch of fun with Super Doubles Trick Room, as there seems to be very few AI teams that 'know what to do' once Trick Room is up. Using SpDef Amoonguss (Rage Powder, Spore, Protect, Giga Drain) and Reuniclus to setup Trick Room and sweep. Depending on what I'm facing, I could use almost any move with Amoonguss and Reuniclus only fails to setup Trick Room if I mispredict.

I've been using Escavalier and (filler, but Snorlax right now, Crawdaunt, or Chandelure later) as my back up sweepers. Even if Trick Room runs out by the time my fourth Pokemon has to come out, it's usually 2v1. Most of the time, I won't lose a Pokemon with the two leads natural bulk and Spore spam.

I haven't read the thread yet for strategies, but I'm looking forward to trying out a bunch of teams. Doubles Subway is a lot more entertaining for me over Singles.

balddemon

Banned
EvilMario said:
Reposting from Smogon, as I've actually started raising a few Pokemon once more. Trick Room.. goo!

I've been having a bunch of fun with Super Doubles Trick Room, as there seems to be very few AI teams that 'know what to do' once Trick Room is up. Using SpDef Amoonguss (Rage Powder, Spore, Protect, Giga Drain) and Reuniclus to setup Trick Room and sweep. Depending on what I'm facing, I could use almost any move with Amoonguss and Reuniclus only fails to setup Trick Room if I mispredict.

I've been using Escavalier and (filler, but Snorlax right now, Crawdaunt, or Chandelure later) as my back up sweepers. Even if Trick Room runs out by the time my fourth Pokemon has to come out, it's usually 2v1. Most of the time, I won't lose a Pokemon with the two leads natural bulk and Spore spam.

I haven't read the thread yet for strategies, but I'm looking forward to trying out a bunch of teams. Doubles Subway is a lot more entertaining for me over Singles.

link to the thread on smogon? this interests me as well. i've never really understood trick room

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
balddemon said:
link to the thread on smogon? this interests me as well. i've never really understood trick room

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102593

Well, I do understand Trick Room quite well. In Doubles it makes a lot of sense because you have a partner that benefits from it as well, and can assist in setting it up. Thus, the 'short' duration of Trick Room is put to more use.

And it really screws with a bunch of strategies. It turns all the weather teams, trying to abuse Swift Swim, etc, against themselves, making them incredibly slow.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Another event Victini is coming.

Umm, how about something like Terrakion, Meleotta, or Genesect PUSA? That would be nice. Hell, Japan has gotten Darkrai and Arceus.

I mean I guess I shouldn't complain, one more legendary on the pile for future trades, but still... I want a complete Pokedex again. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ah, sounds like a pretty boss move.

Stupid it doesn't learn it any other way though.

Firestorm

upandaway said:
That move is insane. I would totally do a Flash Fire doubles team with that.

That guy's not like banned or something right?
Nintendo and The Pokemon Company always ban the 100-in-all-stats event legendaries.

Top Bottom