• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Roto13

Ugh, really? They do one Mystery Gift in North America, abandon it for months, and then do another one that's practically the same as the first one? :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
Ugh, really? They do one Mystery Gift in North America, abandon it for months, and then do another one that's practically the same as the first one? :p

Yup, and that's basically my complaint.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Andrex said:
Another event Victini is coming.

Umm, how about something like Terrakion, Meleotta, or Genesect PUSA? That would be nice. Hell, Japan has gotten Darkrai and Arceus.

I mean I guess I shouldn't complain, one more legendary on the pile for future trades, but still... I want a complete Pokedex again. :p

Goddamn it, Nintendo. That isn't the Liberty Ticket. >:|

I'll still take it since I need Victini for the 'dex

Andrex said:
Another event Victini is coming.

Umm, how about something like Terrakion, Meleotta, or Genesect PUSA? That would be nice. Hell, Japan has gotten Darkrai and Arceus.

I mean I guess I shouldn't complain, one more legendary on the pile for future trades, but still... I want a complete Pokedex again. :p
In all fairness, as far as Nintendo's concerned, Meloetta and Genesect don't actually exist yet...

Busaiku

Ok, so I changed the time to adjust for the time switch, and now I've been unable to battle any of the Black City trainers for like 2-3 days.
How much longer is this gonna be, and am I gonna start losing some of them?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OP updated with listings for not only Dream World events, but also with all Global Link events for Europe and Australia, as well. This is all due to an enterprising anonymous fellow who updated the Google Doc two days ago with all the relevant info, and surprisingly good formatting. I did tweak it a little though.

I also added the new Autumn Deerling skin to the events list, and deprecated the Summer Deerling to the "Past Events" section.

Of course, the OP isn't perfect yet, still some formatting to add or iron out. In fact, I've been thinking of giving it a sort of "refresh." We'll see how it shakes out. Again, thank you Mr. Anon.

Ondore

Busaiku said:
Ok, so I changed the time to adjust for the time switch, and now I've been unable to battle any of the Black City trainers for like 2-3 days.
How much longer is this gonna be, and am I gonna start losing some of them?

Keep visiting and they should stay, but you have to let the game roll past midnight and save to sort of knock it back into place.

Shoogoo

I got a question, it's been ages I last played a pokemon and I can't figure this out. My girlfriend is trying to set up a complete team type-wise, and she doesn't understand why say, Whimiscott whom type is Grass can also learn Dark, Psy, Ghost and Bug attacks.

Can anyone try to explain me briefly how this works?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shoogoo said:
I got a question, it's been ages I last played a pokemon and I can't figure this out. My girlfriend is trying to set up a complete team type-wise, and she doesn't understand why say, Whimiscott whom type is Grass can also learn Dark, Psy, Ghost and Bug attacks.

Can anyone try to explain me briefly how this works?

Is she familiar with Pokemon? All Pokemon can learn moves that aren't the same type they are.

However, if a Pokemon uses a move that is the same type they are, it gets a 50% boost. This is called STAB. Most Pokemon also resist moves of the same type they are.

Shoogoo

Andrex said:
Is she familiar with Pokemon? All Pokemon can learn moves that aren't the same type they are.

However, if a Pokemon uses a move that is the same type they are, it gets a 50% boost. This is called STAB. Most Pokemon also resist moves of the same type they are.

She played the first one on DS and a couple on GBA but very casual.

Thanks for your help :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shoogoo said:
She played the first one on DS and a couple on GBA but very casual.

Thanks for your help :)

No problem.

Naturally, there are limits to what certain Pokemon can learn. I don't know of any Fire types that can learn Water moves, for example.

Shoogoo

Andrex said:
No problem.

Naturally, there are limits to what certain Pokemon can learn. I don't know of any Fire types that can learn Water moves, for example.

I see. It's a bitch to find a party of 6 pokemon having the whole types covered!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's part of the fun! Also be sure to use TMs liberally, in this game you don't have to worry about them breaking after a single use anymore.

Shoogoo

Andrex said:
That's part of the fun! Also be sure to use TMs liberally, in this game you don't have to worry about them breaking after a single use anymore.

You can re-use those TM? She tells me she didn't use any because she wants to be sure to use them on the right pokemons.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, BW are the first that don't break the TMs after use. Tell her to use them as she pleases!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Reusing TMs is the greatest innovation B/W has. Now I can change from 1v1 move set in Battle Tower to 2v2 in the blink of an eye. If only Pokemon could 'remember' Egg Moves if they at one point knew them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Emboar is the only Fire type to learn a Water attack move. A bunch of other Fire types learn Rain Dance.

Emboar's move pool is awesome too. He's great in Trick Room, but his speed lets him down in singles.

Gravijah

EvilMario said:
Emboar is the only Fire type to learn a Water attack move. A bunch of other Fire types learn Rain Dance.

Emboar's move pool is awesome too. He's great in Trick Room, but his speed lets him down in singles.

the problem is that he is emboar

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Roto13 said:
Right on. I'll never use it but I never turn down a free Pokemon.

:( Why you gotta be like that man? Love Croagunk.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If that Croagunk had Gunk Shot, then we'd be talking.
Although Dry Skin+Gunk Shot via Move Tutor would still be superior.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
OP updated with listings for not only Dream World events, but also with all Global Link events for Europe and Australia, as well. This is all due to an enterprising anonymous fellow who updated the Google Doc two days ago with all the relevant info, and surprisingly good formatting. I did tweak it a little though.

I also added the new Autumn Deerling skin to the events list, and deprecated the Summer Deerling to the "Past Events" section.

Of course, the OP isn't perfect yet, still some formatting to add or iron out. In fact, I've been thinking of giving it a sort of "refresh." We'll see how it shakes out. Again, thank you Mr. Anon.
Andrex said:
Credit to anon again for adding the Euro Blastoise C-Gear skin to the OP.
You're welcome.

Busaiku

Ok, can someone explain the Black City trainer stuff?

I saw the various point values or whatever each of the trainers have, and that they lose a certain amount per day if I don't battle them.
A week passed without me playing though, yet those trainers with values of 30 are still around.
Does that mean if I don't turn on the game, it won't matter? Or do I have to continue to battle them pretty much every day?

Top Bottom