• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
you get your pure flying type pokemon and then you don't even use it

you tier whore

I was actually going to use all three -underuses in the first BW tourney. But that plan fell apart because I didn't RNG back then and the guy who was gonna give me a Tornadus never did, so I couldn't get Landorus either.

My current and near-future team won't use any legends, though.

Emitan

Frost_Ace said:
Chandelure needs hp fighting but that option is available only if you can RNG
I can always edit his IVs directly, but I don't want to do that. Maybe I'm extremely lucky and have HP Fighting. But it's a doubles team and Breloom will handle the Dark and Water types.

Firestorm

The reason those things are banned is because Smogon's metagame is idiotic and allows people to vote soley based on their battling skill in the metagame. So that means things that stops "top" players from winning with their teams are more likely to get banned.

As far as the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban specifically, that was proposed beause it was obvious the suspect testing process (now done with) was almost certainly going to ban all weather and basically turn into a DPP OU rehash. That's another issue. Much of Smogon's userbase started playing in Gen 4 and seem to think that any metagame that deviates from how that was played is "unbalanced" or some shit -.-

Anyway, I'll stick with a competitive format that isn't at the whims of its players and is much more fun to boot :)
Billychu said:
So far my doubles team is Chandelure (Flame Burst, Pain Split, Shadow Ball, and either Will-O-Wisp or Substitute) and I'm going to raise a Breloom next.
Is your team Trick Room based? The two standard sets are Trick Room (Trick Room / Protect / Heat Wave / Shadow Ball) and the Choice Scarf one for non-TR teams (Heat Wave / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Ice / Overheat or Energy Ball).

Definitely Protect over Sub imo. You also aren't going to get much survivability off Pain Split. And yeah there are better fire attacks as well.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455187

Read a more in-depth analysis there.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK Wisey you messed up the formatting a little on the availibility for Croagunk but otherwise good job as always.

I also added in the V-create Victini, which according to Bulbapedia will also be available in Europe in the same timeframe.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Global_Link_releases_Winter_Décor

Bulbapedia said:
Just following the release of the Rugged Mountain area and its corresponding set of Décor, the Pokémon Global Link has just released a promotion that allows players to obtain a set of winter-themed Décor. The password, NPWINTER, can be obtained from the December 2011 issue of Nintendo Power magazine, and the promotion runs from Nov. 17, 2011 to March 1, 2012. Décor obtained from the promotion include a snowman Pikachu and candy cane furniture.

As of yet, the promotion remains available only to those with American Global Link accounts. This is the first time promotion-exclusive Décor were made available to non-Japanese Global Link accounts.

Boogiepop

Got a little free time thanks to Thanksgiving break, so I'm finally coming back to the game. If only for a little bit. Breeding me a Cloyster!
BTW, is there any specific rhyme or reason to how the daycare people replace moves? I have the distinct feeling they're going to delete my rock blast at some point during the breeding process...
(Also, anyone have a decent starting point pokemon for breeding a Hydreigon? Getting dark pulse on one looks like an absolute pain.)

Frost_Ace

Got a little free time thanks to Thanksgiving break, so I'm finally coming back to the game. If only for a little bit. Breeding me a Cloyster!
BTW, is there any specific rhyme or reason to how the daycare people replace moves? I have the distinct feeling they're going to delete my rock blast at some point during the breeding process...
(Also, anyone have a decent starting point pokemon for breeding a Hydreigon? Getting dark pulse on one looks like an absolute pain.)

Rock blast will be replaced on the father but as long as you don't take him out the daycare and put him back in again, it will pass the same moves that he had at the beginning of the breeding process. So don't worry :p

I'd give you a dark pulse deino but at my campus the wi.fi is not compatible with the DS :C

mooooose

I just beat the story in White. Now what? I know something something forest and something dream world, but how do they work? I went to the forest (I think) but it was empty...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just beat the story in White. Now what? I know something something forest and something dream world, but how do they work? I went to the forest (I think) but it was empty...

White Forest will become filled the more you visit (talk to people, etc). Trees will grow, the little ponds will grow, etc. If your people are talking about moving to Black City, it's because you're not visiting and talking to them.

However, to get new Pokemon aside from the few you start with, you need to have other people visit your White Forest locally.

Have you found all the Sages yet, that's another task to do. Dream World is really just for unlocking more Pokemon with different abilities than normal, and picking up some rare items. If you're interested in that, you'll probably be interested in challenging the Battle Subway too.

upandaway

Try and catch 'em all? That alone will force you to fully explore the game and get the most you can out of it (without going into the competitive stuff). That includes the dream world.

Gravijah

it's time you really
challenge the champion. his pokemon are in the 70s iirc, so you'll need to level up quite a bit first.

JVIDICAN

Pokemon related because I noticed this while playing Black. :p How long should a DS lite battery charge be lasting? I feel like i'm getting less than 5 hours out of it now. Maybe time for a replacement? :3

Frost_Ace

Pokemon related because I noticed this while playing Black. :p How long should a DS lite battery charge be lasting? I feel like i'm getting less than 5 hours out of it now. Maybe time for a replacement? :3

Do you use flashcards? They drain the battery pretty fast. If no then just buy a 3DS ;P

JVIDICAN

Do you use flashcards? They drain the battery pretty fast. If no then just buy a 3DS ;P

Ill get a 3DS late in its life, around it's second pokemon release. I'll have an enormous backlog of good games at cheap prices and whatever revision they have out by then. :p
I do use a flashcard, so that definitely could be it. lol.

Slermy

Because the people who want a cool event Pokemon that they might have missed the event for or didn't have one where they live far outnumber the people who know all the dream world abilities and want the best one.

I guess that's true. That just goes to show how annoying the event pokémon are; fortunately, I have all of the major ones, but I understand what it's like to not have one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Maybe we should battle again so I can prove my worth? ;)

I can't wait to taste you.

sR6U4.png

Ondore

My enthusiasm for Ditto dropped like a rock when I found out you couldn't use it to breed DW abilities onto other Pokemon. Ah well.

Speaking of DW abilities, I hacked up a Contrary Serperior with V-Create for shits and giggles... it's been more than four hours, could someone please summon a doctor?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Arceus is number one, because the poll is rigged. After 4chan tried to vote up Mudkip to number one and Arceus was still winning, it was clear there's no voting here.

Wichu

Speaking of DW abilities, I hacked up a Contrary Serperior with V-Create for shits and giggles... it's been more than four hours, could someone please summon a doctor?

Assist Spinda on a team full of non-Assistable moves and V-Create, Close Combat etc sounds fun (and legal). Shame Assist is illegal with Superpower :(

Kaper

How far into the game do you have to progress to access the Dream World? I may have to pick up a copy of White before I finish SS just so I can get me some Arceus.

Top Bottom