• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Wichu

! Hopping online now to get what should be mine.

This isn't the Liberty Ticket (SMH Nintendo) but I'll take it for dex purposes.

Should have got the game closer to launch ;)

I lent my game to a friend when I had the Liberty Ticket after the event had finished, but before I'd caught Victini, and he deleted my save and started a new file :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Should have got the game closer to launch ;)

I lent my game to a friend when I had the Liberty Ticket after the event had finished, but before I'd caught Victini, and he deleted my save and started a new file :(

Or Nintendo can be nice and repeat event item events. >:|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OP updated (version 1.6.0.) TinyPic replaced with Imgur, and changed the Victini event from "Upcoming" to "Happening Now."

Don't forget, the Deerling Autumn C-Gear Skin ends on the 8th, and the Banette with Cursed Body from the Dream World ends for Europe on the 7th (America can get it until March 1st.)

Desmond

Fucking DS lite and its lack of WPA compatability
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

TheSeks

Fucking DS lite and its lack of WPA compatability
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Just go to a McDonalds or Burger King or some place like that? Most places that are "free wifi" generally aren't using WPA. They're at most using WEP (where you have to be a customer and ask/buy something for the key) or no security at all.

Suairyu

Banned
So, as a theoretical, say I wanted to reset the game to do the story all over again (which I loved), that would mean not being able to use the liberty pass and get Victini, right?

Wiseblade

So, as a theoretical, say I wanted to reset the game to do the story all over again (which I loved), that would mean not being able to use the liberty pass and get Victini, right?

You are correct.

However, there is a seperate Victini WiFi event currently ongoing, so could theoretically restart and obtain a Victini.

Suairyu

Banned
You are correct.

However, there is a seperate Victini WiFi event currently ongoing, so could theoretically restart and obtain a Victini.
:(

I'm not so sure I enjoy this new, connected world of Pokémon.

I replayed Red so many times. I loved it.

Guess I'll just wait for Grey to re-experience everything.

Izayoi

Banned
That's why you get both versions. Pick a "main" version where you store all of your Pokemon, choose your preferred starter, go through the story for the first time, etc. Then use the second version for repeat playthroughs.

Frost_Ace

Ok so this victini event works only on english games? My friend has an italian copy ans says there are no events to be downloaded :X

Suairyu

Banned
Oh hey. I visited the Pokémon dream world for the first time.

I never really finished White - I did the main story and that kinda took the momentum out of the game for me. Had a long enough break now that I can get back into it, I guess, even if I can't replay the main story to refresh.

Haven't missed any unobtainable Pokémon or anything so that's cool.

edit - just had a quick leaf through a guide to re-orientate myself. I had no idea there was this much game left. I assumed it'd just be optional grindy things and another chance to re-battle the Elite Four.

Izayoi

Banned
edit - just had a quick leaf through a guide to re-orientate myself. I had no idea there was this much game left. I assumed it'd just be optional grindy things and another chance to re-battle the Elite Four.
Yeah. The post-game is pretty substantial. Though, Gamefreak has been better and better about that recently.

Got back into the game. Stopped around playing 6 months ago because I hated the ugly otter. So I restarted the game again....pick the stupid otter again. hahah I think ive restarted the game like 4 times already, each time picking the ugly otter.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, Samurott is the most well-designed final form starter. When it's on its hind legs wielding a shell sword, I mean.

zyH5a.png

TheSeks

They're all ugly. The only good one of the bunch is pre-evolving Smugleaf.

Gen 1 for lyfe.

TheSeks

The nostalgia blinds you, friend. :(

Nope. Every starter generation sense has been terrible. And the evolutions more so. A Powerranger Fighting Fire Starter Pokemon in Gen 3 anyone?

Suairyu

Banned
New Musical on for UK folk, unsure about anywhere else in the world. It is a classic Pokémon tune remixed.

Password: EUPGLMUSICAL11

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nope. Every starter generation sense has been terrible. And the evolutions more so. A Powerranger Fighting Fire Starter Pokemon in Gen 3 anyone?

Gen 4 starters are easily as good as Gen 1's, maybe even better.

Gen 3's starters are admittedly pretty bad though.

Top Bottom