• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The fact of the matter is that no one can know what Game Freak will do, since having two entire generations (including a third game and set of remakes) on the same platform hasn't happened before. Will it be DSi-enhanced? DSi-only? 3DS-only? eShop-only? Who knows! That's the exciting part, for me personally. Just when we think we have the "Game Freak" patter down, they thow us a curveball.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OP updated to 1.6.1.

• Non-North American codes and dates for the Banette Dream World event have been crossed out to signify it's no longer obtainable in those territories.

• Moved the Deerling (Autumn) C-Gear skin to the expired category.

• Added the Deerling (Winter) C-Gear skin to the current events. It's the next C-Gear skin set to expire as well, meaning it's at the top of the list.

• Going forward, I will be adding and tracking Japanese events as well. This is not retroactive, and only affects the winter Deerling skin at this time. As Japanese events come out, I will add them to the OP if I'm notified or otherwise made aware of them.
That should do it for now! I still want to do a refresh of the entire OP and make it more event-focused, as that's really where it could be truly useful at this point. Maybe also include the steps needed to redeem the Dream World stuff, too.

Friend's school has a "Gamer Symphony Orchestra" and they did a Pokemon piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cEjlxFJc0

Fricking awesome! Need a higher quality version. Love how it finished with Gym Leader's Last Stand.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OP updated to 1.6.2.

• Bumped all non-event info to the second post of the thread, as we've finally hit the maximum character limit (24,000 characters.)

• Carnival Pokemon Musical added to a new Musical events section. Currently Europe-only.

• Added the password and availability of the UK version of the Victini C-Gear skin to its entry.

Suairyu

Banned
Finally, the most importabt feature has its own section.

You might also want to make mention that another bonus show, Charming Munna, is available for all regions forever.

Haven't touched the game in months, and now I see there's another Victini and a DW Banette to get? Nice.

I assume the Banette just counts as a captured Pokemon that you catch in the Dream Forest thing?

Can you RNG the Victini?

Suairyu

Banned
We're all becoming qualified diagnostics doctors as of February!

Bulbapedia said:
The official Pokémon site has revealed that the winner of the "Vote to Befriend a Pokémon" poll last month is, much like the first Japanese poll, the Mythical Pokémon Arceus. Arceus with their only ability Multitype will be available to those with international Pokémon Global Link accounts during the whole month of February next year: a total of 29 days.
wats an azure flute lol

more interesting is this news:
Bulbapedia contd. said:
Nevertheless, during the first few weeks, Ditto and Mew were second and third in rank, with Mudkip moving Mew to fourth later on: quite different from that of the Japanese poll.
Mew I understand, because it's Mew; mudkips because hahahahaaINTERNEThhaha, but ditto? That isn't exactly a difficult Pokémon to get. Does it have some super awesome dream world ability or something?

Link

upandaway

If I had my own Dream World ability, it would probably be... Early Bird, fuckin' thing

Dunno what my normal ability would be though

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex
Ability: Levitate
Hidden Ability: Quick Feet

Wiseblade
Ability: Stench
Hidden Ability: Oblivious

Gravijah

anyone know of any ar/etc codes for bw that reduces the encounter rate? the only thing i can find is a code that turns encounters off.

PS_GUY

OP updated to 1.6.2.

• Bumped all non-event info to the second post of the thread, as we've finally hit the maximum character limit (24,000 characters.)

• Carnival Pokemon Musical added to a new Musical events section. Currently Europe-only.

• Added the password and availability of the UK version of the Victini C-Gear skin to its entry.

The Carnival Musical was released in NAmerica back in October...

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=6455

Suairyu

Banned
WAIT WHAT there is a special musical theatre prop you obtain on your birthday?! Now I need to fiddle with my DS settings.

The Carnival Musical was released in NAmerica back in October...

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=6455
Maaaaan, some sites mis-reported that, then.

Also, shape up, Andrex!

edit - Speaking of birthdays, I just redeemed my birthday Togekiss. Didn't know about that. YET ANOTHER THING THAT SHOULD BE IN THE OP

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The OP source is available if you want to improve it. :p

It's incredibly hard keeping all this straight for all regions.

joelseph

!@#$!@

I got a female gligar with toxic heal the other night and forgot to save or some crap. Now all I am getting is forests and haunted houses.

Howdy, I just picked up Pokemon white. Its the first Pokemon I've played since Pokemon Yellow many years back. I'm still getting the hang of all the new gadgets, but my question is: What is the easiest way to get a Gothita? I've tried using global trade to no avail, do I need to encounter it first?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yes. And you should encounter it or its evolution via some trainers during your playthrough. Afterwards you can get it from the GTS.

Or I could just trade it to you right now. Have you added yourself to the friend codes list at the bottom of the OP?

I have not, no. Sorry, I'm still fairly new with the 3DS. I'll get it now, I don't have much to trade sadly, and was hoping to main it. Can I breed pokemon so I don't have to worry about it disobeying me?

Thank you again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'll give you an egg, you'll be able to raise it exactly as you want. Due to the way BW experience scales it should be ready to go in no time.

The friend code in BW (and DS games in general) is different from the universal 3DS friend code. You can access your FC by using the Pal Pad key item. My friend code is 1764 - 2003 - 2436.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Give me about 10 minutes, then I'll be on. Go to the middle woman on the top floor of the Pokemon Center after you've entered my friend code.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol, I hit the Pal Pad limit for the first time ever!

So goodbye cor, who I never actually interacted with online. Your spot is now MotionBlue's.

Top Bottom