• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Roto13

upandaway said:
!! whoa. That nature's awesome for him then. I admit I only really knew which stats were affected and guessed how (darn gosh colorblind-unfriendly games).
27/18/27/20/11/21 Ivs. They're ok.
Those are more than ok. :p Train the damn thing.

upandaway

Stop it man, you're making me grin more than it is healthy.
I'll do something with him when I get the appropriate power items. So far I only got Attack and Speed (and 0 BP).

Ondore

I booted up Pokemon Box today and managed to find the first Pokemon from my first Sapphire file. Acquired date of March 17/03 and everything.

I brought it up to White... and the message is "Arrived after a long journey through time". What's gonna happen when I send it to the RS remakes? A time paradox?

N4Us

Ondore said:
I booted up Pokemon Box today and managed to find the first Pokemon from my first Sapphire file. Acquired date of March 17/03 and everything.

I brought it up to White... and the message is "Arrived after a long journey through time". What's gonna happen when I send it to the RS remakes? A time paradox?

I transferred a Moltres I've had since Fire Red and it gave me the same description. That's really cool.

Azure J

I was just wondering the same thing. Andrex is just a magnet for the ban hammer it seems. :/

Meanwhile, since everyone was talking about shinies, I just saw a shiny Eelektross for the first time a few minutes ago. I now know what I must do. :lol

Roto13

Someone tried to trade me a shiny Eelektross the other day, but he only seemed to be willing to part with it for one of the kickass shinies I use on my team (Serperior, Haxorus, and Thundurus) so fuck that.

Styles

3 months, lol.

Back on topic: I have a few more level until my Deino evolves to its final form, and then capture Landorus.

N4Us

Mannnn, found someone offering Thundurus on GTS for Archeops and OF COURSE the server goes nuts now and keeps kicking me off.

D-Pad said:
Holy shit, 3 months?!?

Wonder what he did to deserve that :/

Sagitario said:
JQDXt.png

I SAID LIBERATE THAT POKEMON!

Slermy

If I have the option, which move do you think is better in general: Mud-Slap or Sand Attack? Mud-Slap causes damage, but Sand Attack hits flying too.

Slermy said:
Mud-Slap causes damage, but Sand Attack hits flying too.

The real answer here (if you're going in that direction) is Double Team, since that can't be negated by switching (which is also why some metagames don't allow it).

Slermy

Actually, the idea for this is to be used in conjunction with a pokémon that has Double Team and would be holding Bright Powder.

The way I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that Double Team and an accuracy reducing move would work in tandem, with Double Team affecting the Evasion stat and Mud-Slap/Sand-Attack affecting Accuracy.

Victrix

*beard*
That is correct

The problem with those moves in the SP game is that it's usually faster to just use a strong attack and kill whatever you're fighting (or, alternatively, use one strong booster move when facing a trainer, then sweep with strong attacks)

Morokh

I'm actually breeding in SoulSilver to get a Scizor with Roost.

Is the Everstone trick supposed to work in this version when given to a Ditto to pass down a nature ? Because i'm at 30 hatched eggs and NO ONE had the nature of my Ditto ....

Ravidrath

So is there some way to add my RL friends to my Dream Pals, so we can trade berries through there?

I thought having his FC would do it, but... apparently not?

Roto13

I got to the sky area today, finally. I dunno. I'm kinda sick of the Dream World. The minigames need more variety. I was kind of hoping that they would at least change things up a bit when I got to the sky area, but they're exactly the same. Why does there only have to be one course for the flying minigame? I can build a 100 foot tower of ice cream every time I play the ice cream minigame. At least the hidden pokemon and Wailord minigames are a bit randomized, but the wailord one slows down to a crawl on my computer so it takes forever to finish.

Jesus, even if they just switched up the Pokemon involved in these games, they'd be a little bit more interesting.

Slermy

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll look into swapping Sand-Attack/Mud-Slap with something else.

Morokh said:

Is the Everstone trick supposed to work in this version when given to a Ditto to pass down a nature ? Because i'm at 30 hatched eggs and NO ONE had the nature of my Ditto ....

Is the Everstone on the mother? I think that's a requirement, and even then I think it's a 50/50 shot.

Ravidrath said:
So is there some way to add my RL friends to my Dream Pals, so we can trade berries through there?

I thought having his FC would do it, but... apparently not?

I heard from someone that you can become Dream Pals with a friend if you connect over Wi-Fi (IR doesn't count), but I have not tried this yet.

OMG Aero

Morokh said:

Before Gen V, the everstone trick didn't work if the parents were from different languages. Is that your problem?

Speaking of breeding with Pokemon from different countries. Is a Pokemon from a different country able to pass down IV's? I heard that it wasn't, but are they able to in Gen 5?

N4Us

Do all Rotom forms learn the same leveled-up moves (like the one listed on the Bulbapedia page) or is it just vanilla Rotom?

DarkKyo

Victrix said:
A bunch actually, your FC in the OP?
It is not.. I don't post too often in the Poke threads...
2494 4229 7831
Do I need yours too? I haven't traded before...

Edit: Looking for this list you speak of, which OP is it in?
Edit2: Damn I have to leave right now to get my little brother, but I'll be back in like 20 minutes if you still happen to be around. If not then thanks very much for the offer :)

Victrix

*beard*
4126 5110 0614

Use the Pal Pad key item, add me, then hit up the center wifi person at the top of the pokecenter steps, go in and chill in the wifi club, I should show up in a moment

edit: no problem, I have to make dinner, but I'll leave my DS plugged in and in the wifi room. I'll check occasionally, just go wait in there once you get home, I'll trade with you when I see you online

Victrix

*beard*
No sweat, any breedable pokemon is free. That Zorua has a live Pokerus infection, so spread it around to a few pokemon you aren't using and box them - it'll stay live while they're boxed, but if they're active in your party it'll go dormant after a day or so.

DarkKyo

Victrix said:
No sweat, any breedable pokemon is free. That Zorua has a live Pokerus infection, so spread it around to a few pokemon you aren't using and box them - it'll stay live while they're boxed, but if they're active in your party it'll go dormant after a day or so.
That is also super helpful! I hadn't encountered any Pokemon with the virus yet... I'll be sure to keep some stored up for when I EV train someday. Thanks again man, I wasn't sure if anyone would be willing to help with nothing particularly interesting being gained on their end. It's very much appreciated.

Roto13 said:
I got to the sky area today, finally. I dunno. I'm kinda sick of the Dream World. The minigames need more variety. I was kind of hoping that they would at least change things up a bit when I got to the sky area, but they're exactly the same. Why does there only have to be one course for the flying minigame? I can build a 100 foot tower of ice cream every time I play the ice cream minigame. At least the hidden pokemon and Wailord minigames are a bit randomized, but the wailord one slows down to a crawl on my computer so it takes forever to finish.

Jesus, even if they just switched up the Pokemon involved in these games, they'd be a little bit more interesting.
To be honest, I'm just skipping on some of the games for now, and concentrating on getting the berries I need for online play (the EV berries, plus certain anti-type berries)

I got a copy of Pokemon White. :D I went with Oshawott as my starter. Perhaps it's just my my attention span, but the battles still feel like they take too long even with the attack animations turned off. The sprite animations are nice but on the superfluous side. I have put like three hours into it, and I kind of already want to jump into the postgame content.

Also the bottom screen is atrocious looking during battles.

I honestly never participated in the discussion in the other threads. Past Pokemon games had always felt kind of overwhelming (well, consider I jumped from Blue straight to Diamond) but I jumped on Black anyway and just finished it, clocking in near 60 hours. Very awesome and pretty badass experience, IMO. My Haxorus pretty much dominated towards the end.

Top Bottom