• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Either are good choices.

HeartGold could last almost forever. Not only is there the main quest (and Kanto post-game), but if you dive into the Safari Zone and Pokeathlon you'll be at things for a long time. Seriously, clearing the Pokeathlon will probably take at least 100 hours. Then of course there's the full Sinnoh Battle Frontier.

White could last you a while if you get into the competitive side and try to keep up with the events happening, but it's a less packed game than HeartGold. Still, both are pretty substantial on their own, but White loses out because there's really nothing nothing like the Pokeathlon or Safari Zone.

My egg from Andrex finally hatched! And against all odds was male. Doh, can't use it for breeding until I get a ditto now.

edit; Also, whats with the online trading? All the trades are ridiculous, like demanding a legendary for a common black/white exclusive. Eg. Gothita for a Reshiram.

Also, whats with the online trading? All the trades are ridiculous, like demanding a legendary for a common black/white exclusive. Eg. Gothita for a Reshiram.
Yeah, it's been like that since online trading first started. The best way you can get what you want is:

1. Breed something rare and put it up for what you want. Starters, pseudolegendaries, and version exclusives are usually good for this.
2. Set up a trade outside the game through a trading board (or here :D).

The online trading system still encourages you to get with people to trade, as you can't trade anything you haven't seen on GTS.

do you want a ditto? you don't get one until really late postgame.

I just really had my heart set on a female Gothita, so I could breed it with a Dream World pokemon I had.

Yeah, it's been like that since online trading first started. The best way you can get what you want is:

1. Breed something rare and put it up for what you want. Starters, pseudolegendaries, and version exclusives are usually good for this.
2. Set up a trade outside the game through a trading board (or here :D).

The online trading system still encourages you to get with people to trade, as you can't trade anything you haven't seen on GTS.

I can't help but feel like I'm taking advantage of everyones kindness.

Gravijah

I just really had my heart set on a female Gothita, so I could breed it with a Dream World pokemon I had.

I can't help but feel like I'm taking advantage of everyones kindness.

pokemons about tradin' mang, so if you need something just ask. want a ditto or not?! ;p

Gravijah

I have no idea what a Zorua is. Is it an event pokemon? I'm not that far in yet.

Any idea what you want to trade for?

it's a sort of event pokemon, yes. and just give me patrat or something, i really don't mind. just bring two along so i can give you a ditto and a zorua.

oh and your fc!

Suairyu

Banned
blitzle is a horrible pokemon
You shut your fucking Raichu mouth. Let me lay it out for you.

1 - It's fucking electric zebra.
2 - It knows fire attacks.
3 - It is really fast BECAUSE IT'S A ZEBRA
4 - If you have Blitzle in your party, it is impossible to be defeated in the Electric gym. Or by near enough any electric Pokémon. Blitzle would defeat Raichu and turn him into BBQ mouse.
5 - It's a fucking electric zebra.

Then it evolves into Zebstrika and it kicks even more ass.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Blitzle is pretty cool. I wouldn't use it in my team (no Zebstrika), but they're decent designs.

Probably should have been Dark/Electric, though.

Wiseblade

4 - If you have Blitzle in your party, it is impossible to be defeated in the Electric gym. Or by near enough any electric Pokémon. Blitzle would defeat Raichu and turn him into BBQ mouse.

THE TRUTH

Hard to argue with 1 and 5.

EDIT: Oh snap just realized I'm not a junior anymore

Gruco

Banned
Trade request time:

Looking for:
Swift Swim Poliwag
Magic Guard Abra

Prankster Illumise
Speed Boost Carvanha
Moody Remoraid
Moxie Bagon
Dark Pulse Deino
Sludge Wave Ghastly
RNG'd Super-Ditto
Fire Stone

Obviously looking for females for the Dream Worlders, male for Deino.

Can offer: (all female)
Marvel Scale Dratini
Drought Vulpix
Prankster Sableye
Moody Smeargle
Regenerator Tangela and Slopoke
Magic Bounce Natu
Telepathy Ralts
Unaware Wooper
Immunity Gligar

I also have a spare Victini I can give up (non V-create). A few other random dream world females, but those are the ones I figure anyone would care about.

cool

Kaper

Six hours into White and I'm having a blast. I like the story so far, and the greater involvement of your rivals. The old games felt pretty empty story-wise so this is a good thing. Initially, I missed my old menu system from HG/SS where I could control the game with just the touch screen, but the new menu system has grown on me and it's a lot quicker to navigate. The huge style change in the interface combined with all new pokemon has had a really positive effect. It feels like a brand new series.

I'm not so hot about the experience changes. It takes forever to level pokemon up if you aren't battling them against wild pokemon of the same level, but once you fight a trainer you get an entire level from defeating one monster. My biggest gripe is the health bars during a fight showing how much damage an attack does instantly, and then lowering the bar. The best part about pokemon battles was the intense final battle music playing while you crossed your fingers hoping that your Thunder was powerful enough to kill Lance's last Dragonite, not knowing the outcome till that final spec of red was drained from the bar.

joelseph

I finally got around to beating the E4 for the first time. What now? Go directly after the 7 sages? Do I just wonder around to find them? Is the battle tower now the battle subway? Kinda lame.

Frost_Ace

I finally got around to beating the E4 for the first time. What now? Go directly after the 7 sages? Do I just wonder around to find them? Is the battle tower now the battle subway? Kinda lame.

You have still half of Unova to explore! And yeah the battle subway is kinda lame, I hope we get a full-fledged battle frontier in grey.

Busaiku

Am I only able to take one musical from Dream World at a time?
So if I decide to do the carnival one, I no longer have Charming Munna (without customizing again)?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OP updated to 1.6.3.

So apparently there's gonna be a Lucario distributed on the NA GL that knows Bullet Seed and has the Justified ability, but the code is only going to be with select new copies of Black/White sold at Target. Weird, but the code will be online shortly I'm sure.

The Deerling (Winter Form) skin is over with, and I believe that concludes the entire Deerling seasonal line of skins. In addition, the Victini and Zoroark skins are now over for NA, but will still be available for Europe until January 30 and March 29, respectively. On the other hand, the European Croagunk C-Gear skin has expired, but will still be available in North America until March 1.

The Victini that knew V-Create event is also over with, and has been removed from the current events section.

Finally, Japan is getting a Crustle C-Gear skin. It requires no password and is available until February 29.

OP has been updated with all of these changes, except for the Lucario, which I'm waiting for more info on.

Top Bottom