• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Gravijah

the joy of compromise:

if you want to post something that others might not like, just remove the image tags and mark it as such.

Mm, the average person probably hasn't read a technical article on why they can't just copy the data in another format or something.

Of course, GF could always take the effort and actually remake the games, with the same graphics, but different code to allow for transfer between the old and new games... but that's a bit much, admittedly. They'd more likely release FRLG to the VC and call it a day.

Gravijah

RBY, GSC, FRLG & RSE are likely never to arrive on VC.

Pokemon Pinball 1&2 probably will, TGC may but likely won't, and some of the other spinoffs could possibly.

Anyone see any ads for B2W2 on tv already? I was watching CN in the morning and one of them popped on. A lot of bad "2" puns, but it did get me hyped.

I saw one before Adventure Time and Regular Show Monday night. My roommate and I high-fived each other in anticipation.

Lol. That's awesome. I wish I had someone to be excited about Pokemon with irl. All my friends don't game anymore and I don't even know if my brother is getting it. Forever Pokemon alone.

Stage On

Like they'd get rid of the mascot. I'm pretty confident Snivy and Pignite will each evolve once, but Oshawott's staying exactly where he is.

Gosh darn it, when will Ash ever get a fully evolved water starter?

I doubt Pignite will evolve thought since Bianca has that covered. Same reason why I doubt Snivy will fully evolve...

thought then again Paul had a Torterra and that didn't stop Ash from getting one but that also wasn't his signature Pokemon either :(

There are no other Pokemon players in real life. You're all figments of my diseased mind.

brrrrmtopspinning.gif

I am not a figment.

MikeMyers

If we weren't at the .gif limit already, I'd be posting a brofist here.

Thanks! It was completely unintentional as well.

I remember I started with Gabite and thought it was going to be an easy sweep. Took out Jolteon easily, but then he sent out Luxray who demolished Gabite with Ice Fang. My remaining team was Infernape, Gyarados, Roserade, and Haunter. I had no idea who to send out, so I sent in Gyarados to get the Intimidate off.

Thinking Gyarados was gonna die, I just randomly selected Dragon Dance. To my surprise, he survived Luxray's hit. After that, I just spammed Aqua Tail and it took his team out.

Stage On

Thanks! It was completely unintentional as well.

I remember I started with Gabite and thought it was going to be an easy sweep. Took out Jolteon easily, but then he sent out Luxray who demolished Gabite with Ice Fang. My remaining team was Infernape, Gyarados, Roserade, and Haunter. I had no idea who to send out, so I sent in Gyarados to get the Intimidate off.

Thinking Gyarados was gonna die, I just randomly selected Dragon Dance. To my surprise, he survived Luxray's hit. After that, I just spammed Aqua Tail and it took his team out.

Oh man that must have been epic :)

Anyone else have an unlikely victory like that to share?

I defeated Cynthia in White with just my Level 70 Scrafty. 'Twas truly a battle for the ages.

Oh yeah, and I also swept the Elite Four in Platinum with my Porygon-Z, Ionic. He's so awesome.

Indeed.

Hey, is anyone hyped for the new episode of Best Wishes 2 tomorrow? It should be cool seeing Samurott in battle, and the return of Wailord will be great!

I'm pretty damn hyped, especially since I gave up on Ash's Oshawott ever evolving. Feels like the writers want to go back to Kanto/Johto days. A shame considering the teams Ash had in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

The only bad thing about the anime for me right now is Reuniclus's voice, both in Japanese and English. Why the hell does it sound like that? I still love it, though.

Stage On

I defeated Cynthia in White with just my Level 70 Scrafty. 'Twas truly a battle for the ages.

Oh yeah, and I also swept the Elite Four in Platinum with my Porygon-Z, Ionic. He's so awesome.

I once swept the Elite 4 with Blastoise but that was in Gen 1 when Blizzard had better accuracy and Hyper Beam didn't need to recharge if it pulled off a ko

MikeMyers

I beat Sabrina with Flareon in Leaf Green. Used Hyper Beam for a joke and it OHKO'd it.

I beat Burgh with Throh. I trained Darumaka to beat it but Hustle made him miss EVERY SINGLE TIME, so I just used Throh who turned out to be surprisingly bulky.

In Ruby, I was sweeping Wallace with Cacturne and Manetrike but that Milotic was too damn bulky and took them both out. Eventually, my Starmie with (Surf/Ice Beam/Confuse Ray/Recover) had to battle it. Even with Manetrikes' Thunder Wave and Cacturne's Leech Seed, the thing kept stalling me with Recover. However, I had Recover too, and after 30 minutes, I finally took out Wallace.

Top Bottom