• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Wiseblade

I'm not googling sexy pokemon again

that's one road I don't wanna go through again

I'll post this so we can have less avatar gifs in here though!

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/wtf-pokemon-ass-slap-pichu.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibl0hQxoBFWHZe.gif

MikeMyers

Huh.

I'm in Maohgany town right now in SoulSliver and just realized that not only have I not caught any fire-types, I've barely even encountered any at all in the game up to this point.

Suggestions?

Flareon, best fire type in the game.

besides every other fire type in the game

Flareon doesn't learn enough fire moves, even though he's pretty great looking. Growlithe is better and becomes a real killer when you can get a Fire Stone (Or trade for one.)

I wish I could hack those games and give Flareon the type of fire moves that match best with his stats...I just forgot if he has a better attack or special attack.

ibl0hQxoBFWHZe.gif

KEek2.gif

...Right, so

Remember when this was a thing?
1283653635241thuhg.gif

Ah, pre-G5 was pretty long ago. I remember not believing those pictures along with other people. That, and those sprites from Pokéxperto. Funny how that turned out.

...Right, so

Remember when this was a thing?
1283653635241thuhg.gif

Ah, pre-G5 was pretty long ago. I remember not believing those pictures along with other people. That, and those sprites from Pokéxperto. Funny how that turned out.

Man, I need Gen VI buildup to begin soon. Gen V was great, particularly the summer where there were leaks, rumours and faked scans every other day.

The lead-up to new gens is the best time to be a fan.

Stage On

I'm half expecting them to do a World Tournament Senior Cup filler arc, and to bring in some past gym leaders for a bit.

That would be pretty interesting.

I how how invincible they make the Elite 4/Champions seem in the anime at times. The best depictions of them was when they where strong but not never to the point they seemed unbeatable like when Ash put up a decent fight against Agatha.

Then again it's just a case of the writers being bad at their job.

Ash having trouble with Paul is one thing since Paul had been to multiple regions as well. Ash having trouble with Shootie is a total joke since Shootie started out as a total noob.

God I want him to bring back his stronger Pokemon from his back team and wipe the floor with Shootie so bad just to whip the smug look off Shootie's face.

But Trip's had the floor wiped with him several times by Cilan, character-of-the-days, and even Bianca. Having him win the most recent tournament was practically an act of mercy.

What is it even arguing?
I think it was probably an argument for why the "pictures covered on all four sides by notebooks" were just fan mockups of those leaked animation materials.

I think there was also a "Why is he blue instead of white, the color scheme completely changed from [Mijumaru], this is obviously wrong". There's a white sprite somewhere around here, probably in one of the prerelease threads...

Stage On

Which of Ash's Pokemon do you want to evolve and why?

For me Oshawott. Ash has 2 fully evolved fire starters and 2 fully evolved grass starters. It's about darn time he got a fully evolved water type already.

Which of Ash's Pokemon do you want to evolve and why?

For me Oshawott. Ash has 2 fully evolved fire starters and 2 fully evolved grass starters. It's about darn time he got a fully evolved water type already.

Scraggy. For obvious reasons.

Also Oshawott and Palpitoad.

I think it was probably an argument for why the "pictures covered on all four sides by notebooks" were just fan mockups of those leaked animation materials.

I think there was also a "Why is he blue instead of white, the color scheme completely changed from [Mijumaru], this is obviously wrong". There's a white sprite somewhere around here, probably in one of the prerelease threads...

I remember that some were calling them fake, but I don't remember them being that crazy...

Stage On

But Trip's had the floor wiped with him several times by Cilan, character-of-the-days, and even Bianca. Having him win the most recent tournament was practically an act of mercy.

Except they made his Serperior hax during the battle with Ash only to turn off the Hax right afterwards.

It's just dumb when he only has plot armor when facing the main character when just about everyone else schools him.

Plus it's starting to get annoying how Ash has NO major accomplishments for this region so far. In past regions he's been allowed to win smaller tournaments if not the League itself.

Serious question: Does anyone think Nintendo will re-release the gameboy Pokemon games for 10 bucks a pop as is except for the added benefit of wireless trading/battling? I feel like they're missing a big opportunity here, whether it's on 3DS's eShop or mobile devices (or both).

Stage On

Serious question: Does anyone think Nintendo will re-release the gameboy Pokemon games for 10 bucks a pop as is except for the added benefit of wireless trading/battling? I feel like they're missing a big opportunity here, whether it's on 3DS's eShop or mobile devices (or both).

Not unless they figure out a way for you to transfer Pokemon from the older versions to the newer one.

Not unless they figure out a way for you to transfer Pokemon from the older versions to the newer one.

Maybe just throw in a migrate feature or something like that. I'm sure it can be figured out.

Mainly I think that releasing the classics for so cheap and accessibly while adding the wireless features would bring back a sliver of that old school pokemania. Especially if it's on smartphones, being able to trade with anyone who has one of the games on their phone would be amazing. Pokemon is the one Nintendo franchise that would be perfectly suited to the format, why not test it out with RBGS releases?

Maybe just throw in a migrate feature or something like that. I'm sure it can be figured out.

Mainly I think that releasing the classics for so cheap and accessibly while adding the wireless features would bring back a sliver of that old school pokemania. Especially if it's on smartphones, being able to trade with anyone who has one of the games on their phone would be amazing. Pokemon is the one Nintendo franchise that would be perfectly suited to the format, why not test it out with RBGS releases?

Nintendo will NEVER release their properties on smartphones unless they make one of their own (which will never happen). I really don't get why people always port beg Nintendo as if they were a third-party company •~•

Stage On

Well They COULD bring Gen 3 and up to virtual console and be able to transfer easily enough but why bother when they can remake them instead and sell them for more?

And Pokemon is NEVER going to come to Phones as long as Nintendo still has a handheld system to sell. It is their Ace in the hole since you can't get it anywhere else but a Nintendo system.

That's what the remakes are for.

It's a...hmm...

Maybe, maybe not. Trading is an integral part of the games, even the older ones. GF or Ninty is probably working on a way to do that 2P functionality with the emulators that they use. After all, it's money in the bank if they get it done.

Wiseblade

Yeah, that's no reason for Game Freak to go and modernise RBYGSC for eShop when they already did that not too long ago and charged full price for it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, that's no reason for Game Freak to go and modernise RBYGSC for eShop when they already did that not too long ago and charged full price for it.

Yeah, just throwing them up on the VC to begin with is something of a stretch; time spent playing the originals is time spent not playing the higher priced current gen games.

Would be nice though.

Stage On

I'm not sure what to feel about Black 2 and White 2... Nintendo completely destroyed the pattern with them.

After not making Grey are we even sure they are going to do a remake of Ruby and Sapphire now? Wonder what they'd call the remakes if they did make them.

Magma Ruby & Aqua Sapphire?

I'm not sure what to feel about Black 2 and White 2... Nintendo completely destroyed the pattern with them.

After not making Grey are we even sure they are going to do a remake of Ruby and Sapphire now? Wonder what they'd call the remakes if they did make them.

My money's still on Rockin' Ruby & Slammin' Sapphire.

Stage On

Urg I still have to go through Heart gold to get Kyogre so that I can unlock Rayquaza.

And Black so that I can catch Tornadus and unlock Landorus. Why the heck didn't they do the Wi-fi event here for them like they did in Japan :(

Best part of Black 2 and White 2? No Roaming Legendary Pokemon.

I don't think Nintendo should start making apps, but I think porting one of their really old games wouldn't be a big deal. You still get all the modern Pokemons only on the 3/DS. And the social/simple nature of those old pokemon games would be perfect. It's just a cheap way to raise Pokemon awareness and maybe will spur the casuals to buy a dedicated device/modern pokemon game if they wanna get back into it.

edit: But mobile devices was not the crux of the idea. They could do this on 3/DS as well.

I dont see why they wouldn't, it may not come until after gen IV but i dont see it not coming.

All they would change is allow you to go wireless, there is no need to update anything else. No need to make the pokemon compatible with current games. Just make the multiplayer aspect of those games possible again.

Stage On

All they would change is allow you to go wireless, there is no need to update anything else. No need to make the pokemon compatible with current games. Just make the multiplayer aspect of those games possible again.

It's likely Nintendo feels that it's simply not worth the shit storm it would create to re release the old versions only to have them not be compatible.

Top Bottom