• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

So guys which version of the anime did you best?

The Original series? Advance? Diamond and Pearl? Best wishes?

For me it would have to be Advance. Ash really felt like he stepped up and matured in that series going from the person who was always getting advice to the one who started giving it out

I really hate how he's regressed a bit in Best Wishes :(

Original series. I suppose this is just nostalgia talking but it just had its charms to it. I really should try watching the show again...haven't bothered since I was banned from watching it as a kid (It was the Ghost episode)

Anth0ny

So guys which version of the anime did you best?

The Original series? Advance? Diamond and Pearl? Best wishes?

For me it would have to be Advance. Ash really felt like he stepped up and matured in that series going from the person who was always getting advice to the one who started giving it out

I really hate how he's regressed a bit in Best Wishes :(

Original, of course.

Best theme song, best characters/designs, best Pokemon, best writing. Ash getting to the Pokemon league and losing got old after the first time. They should have just ended the anime there.

Of course, it's a marketing machine and it will never die. I do wish they'd just go ahead and make a Pokemon Adventures anime, though...

Gravijah

Original, of course.

Best theme song, best characters/designs, best Pokemon, best writing. Ash getting to the Pokemon league and losing got old after the first time. They should have just ended the anime there.

Of course, it's a marketing machine and it will never die. I do wish they'd just go ahead and make a Pokemon Adventures anime, though...

original Japanese theme > original NA theme.

so good it even made it into Pokemon Pinball.

That way leads to hell.

4gKJu.jpg

Anime wise:

Diamond and Pearl > Best Wishes > Original > Advance >>>>>>>>>>> Johto

Anyone who says the original is talking through nostalgia and almost nothing else.

why the fuck are you guys ranking the anime series

AGAIN

Because every argument or discussion comes up every few pages or so. Maybe we should have a post which has everyone's opinion/favorite/what not so we can avoid all of this...but where's the fun in that?

Boney

Banned
Well, who's fault is that?

andrex's because he won't let me post sweet sweet images

and because he can't read

Because every argument or discussion comes up every few pages or so. Maybe we should have a post which has everyone's opinion/favorite/what not so we can avoid all of this...but where's the fun in that?

because for crying out loud it's the pokemon anime! there's no need to rank it it's all just crap

andrex's because he won't let me post sweet sweet images

and because he can't read

because for crying out loud it's the pokemon anime! there's no need to rank it it's all just crap

I'm sure no one minds in IRC chat. Post to your little heart's content.

Stage On

You know once Best Wishes 2 ends I wouldn't mind if they did another filler season like the Orange league if for no other reason then Ash could finally win something for a change.

I mean one of the best parts of the original series is the Orange League final

You know once Best Wishes 2 ends I wouldn't mind if they did another filler season like the Orange league if for no other reason then Ash could finally win something for a change.

I mean one of the best parts of the original series is the Orange League final

I'm half expecting them to do a World Tournament Senior Cup filler arc, and to bring in some past gym leaders for a bit.

Top Bottom