• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Yeah, that episode is called Fire and Ice, where UltimateIke used his Arcanine to battle Ash's Kingler.

I had forgotten about that fight.

5A8Q0.png

Excuse me while teach my Arcanine Bulldoze and find a Pikachu to beat up. :mad:

Freaking hack Pikachu...

MikeMyers

I had forgotten about that fight.

5A8Q0.png

Excuse me while teach my Arcanine Bulldoze and find a Pikachu to beat up. :mad:

Freaking hack Pikachu...

Ran the standerd Arcanine vs standered Pikachu

Flare Blitz: 286.25 - 336.96%
ExtremeSpeed: 127.48 - 150.23%
Wild Charge: 0 - 0% (Lightingrod Ability)
Close Combat: 190.99 - 224.64%

Aw *snif* but we get along so well. My Pikachu and your Arcanine should be pals!

They can be best pals as long as you don't get any ideas about jumping in pools of water and knocking out Arcanine from a super-sudden power boost.

Ran the standerd Arcanine vs standered Pikachu

Flare Blitz: 286.25 - 336.96%
ExtremeSpeed: 127.48 - 150.23%
Wild Charge: 0 - 0% (Lightingrod Ability)
Close Combat: 190.99 - 224.64%

Heck, I don't even have to bother with a new attack...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Who did he fight Darkrai with?

Pretty sure it was Heracross. Although I'm also pretty sure Ash's Heracross wasn't running Sleep Talk, right? :p

They can be best pals as long as you don't get any ideas about jumping in pools of water and knocking out Arcanine from a super-sudden power boost.

Heck, I don't even have to bother with a new attack...

The list of attacks that won't OHKO Pikachu is pretty small. dem paper defenses.

Stage On

Pretty sure it was Heracross. Although I'm also pretty sure Ash's Heracross wasn't running Sleep Talk, right? :p

IT was Heracross and yes it DID have Sleep Talk and it still got it's ass kicked anyhow.

To be fair Legendary Pokemon are way stronger in the anime then the games. The fact Ash was smart enough to come up with such a good plan proves he's not stupid.

IT was Heracross and yes it DID have Sleep Talk and it still got it's ass kicked anyhow.

To be fair Legendary Pokemon are way stronger in the anime then the games. The fact Ash was smart enough to come up with such a good plan proves he's not stupid.
Didn't help that Mr hax had a latios backing up his Darkrai. The writers made ash to strong in DP and they found the loophole to make him lose.

I passed 200 hours of playtime on Black yesterday.

Which is only about halfway to my Yellow Version's 400+ hours.

I've played a lot of Pokémon in my days. :|

Even the Fool can have bouts of genius.

MikeMyers

I can show you the Lake
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a Magikarp ride

The Lake of Rage!
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

The Lake of Rage
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear
That now I'm in the Lake of Rage with you
Now I'm in the Lake of Rage with you

Unbelievable Splashs
Indescribable Flails
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond Drizzle

The Lake of Rage!
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand Magikarps to see (Hold your breath, it gets better)

I'm like a Bouncing Magikarp
I've come so far I can't go back
To where I used to be

The Lake of Rage!
Every turn a Magikarp
With new Natures to pursue

I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this Lake of Rage with you

The Lake of Rage
That's where we'll be
A thrilling Splash
A wondrous Splash
For you and me

The craziest thing ever happened to me today. I bought a used copy of Explorers of Sky in preparation for BW2, and just out of curiosity, I checked the Pokémon that were in reserve.

To my surprise, one of them was an Arcanine named Ike.

Props to you, random Montreal PokéGAFer, or thank you universe for providing me with the most awesome coincidence ever.

The craziest thing ever happened to me today. I bought a used copy of Explorers of Sky in preparation for BW2, and just out of curiosity, I checked the Pokémon that were in reserve.

To my surprise, one of them was an Arcanine named Ike.

Props to you, random Montreal PokéGAFer, or thank you universe for providing me with the most awesome coincidence ever.

Oh wow...what are the chances? That's pretty incredible. ^_^

I got my old Game Boy Color out! My Crystal Version has around 100 fewer hours on it than my Gold Version. I used the glitch in Yellow Version to catch Mew, but I never found a way to get Celebi.

My team hasn't changed much. Haha.

This is Arcanine 4, circa 2002. I'm currently on #14.

I tried printing out a new Diploma and was surprised my GB Printer still worked!

k04dK.jpg

Decided to EV train the Pichu I just hatched. He's modest and has max IVs in HP.

Only took about an hour and now he's completely EV'd trained with max stats in both speed and special attack. And he's a Pikachu AND he's holding the light ball his dad was holding.

Plus, I used some of my BP and had a tutor teach him Signal Beam. He's been ripping through the Battle Tower now with my Latias, oh man.

Decided to EV train the Pichu I just hatched. He's modest and has max IVs in HP.

Only took about an hour and now he's completely EV'd trained with max stats in both speed and special attack. And he's a Pikachu AND he's holding the light ball his dad was holding.

Plus, I used some of my BP and had a tutor teach him Signal Beam. He's been ripping through the Battle Tower now with my Latias, oh man.

Maybe it's as hax as Ash's Pikachu.

Top Bottom