• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

First of all I hope it's okay if I post this here since the Black and White OT hasn't been bumped since February and well in anticipation of the release of Black and White 2 I wanted to finally beat White 1 which I stopped playing for various reason though that wasn't because I thought the game was bad.

Now I'm debating if I should simply start over with White 1 as after so many months I kind of feel "disconnected" to my save but after a bit trial and error I figured out that my next target is actually beating the third arena in Stratos City which I have some trouble with :(

Since the steamroll approach isn't working anymore thanks to the gradual EXP system and I didn't want to steamroll anyway anymore starting with Pearl I'm now trying to equally level my team which currently consists of a:

Servine lv 27 (yeah I wonder how that happened myself...)
Victini lv 17
Tympole lv 18
Venipede lv 16
Pidove lv 14
Timburr lv 14

and I'm currently trying to grind them all towards level 23-24 on Route 4, is that alright?

I just want a bit of advice to get back into it as I feel it's been years since I last played a Pokémon game extensively...

And a little-side question, I pretty much stopped watching the anime after the Ruby and Sapphire "arc" with May so would I miss much if I jump straight back in with the Black and White arc?

Thanks for help in advance! :)

Stage On

And a little-side question, I pretty much stopped watching the anime after the Ruby and Sapphire "arc" with May so would I miss much if I jump straight back in with the Black and White arc?

Thanks for help in advance! :)

Well the Diamond and Pearl arc is pretty rad ultimately it doesn't mean much to skip it due to how the Black and White almost acts like a reset. And When they do reference something from the past which is very rare they give you all the info you need to understand what's going on.

Well the Diamond and Pearl arc is pretty rad ultimately it doesn't mean much to skip it due to how the Black and White almost acts like a reset. And When they do reference something from the past which is very rare they give you all the info you need to understand what's going on.

Ah alright thanks now that you say it a friend of mine also said that Black and White acts like a reset but I forgot about that :/ Well it's not that I really want to skip the Diamond and Pearl arc but due to German TV taking ages to get new seasons back then when the Ruby and Sapphire Arc ended the restarted somewhere in Jotho and when they finally went on with Diamond and Pearl I missed it :(

Stage On

Ah alright thanks now that you say it a friend of mine also said that Black and White acts like a reset but I forgot about that :/ Well it's not that I really want to skip the Diamond and Pearl arc but due to German TV taking ages to get new seasons back then when the Ruby and Sapphire Arc ended the restarted somewhere in Jotho and when they finally went on with Diamond and Pearl I missed it :(

If you want to watch the dubbed english version I'm pretty sure they have a lot of episodes up to watch for free online if not the entire set.

If you want to watch the dubbed english version I'm pretty sure they have a lot of episodes up to watch for free online if not the entire set.

Hmm if these are legal I might go for that, thanks! :) Ideally I would like to continue with the German dub simply because I grew up with the voices but beggars can't be choosers :p
Also you have a pretty awesome Pikachu avatar :)

Stage On

Hmm if these are legal I might go for that, thanks! :) Ideally I would like to continue with the German dub simply because I grew up with the voices but beggars can't be choosers :p
Also you have a pretty awesome Pikachu avatar :)

I wouldn't event mention it if it wasn't legal.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/pokemon-episodes/

The only problem is they cycle episodes so not all of them are up at the same time.

You could always check if they have a German version of the site that offers the same service.

The dvd box sets are also fairly cheap. In Canada I see them listed at $9 a set, but I figured you'd rather take the free option since that $9 would add up fast considering you'd need to get about 12 of them for the entire set.

As for you earlier question grinding to Level 23-24 on Route 4 would be just about right to tackle the next town.

Glad you like my avatar! Your's of Mei is pretty rad too

I wouldn't event mention it if it wasn't legal.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/pokemon-episodes/

The only problem is they cycle episodes so not all of them are up at the same time.

You could always check if they have a German version of the site that offers the same service.

The dvd box sets are also fairly cheap. In Canada I see them listed at $9 a set, but I figured you'd rather take the free option since that $9 would add up fast considering you'd need to get about 12 of them for the entire set.

As for you earlier question grinding to Level 23-24 on Route 4 would be just about right to tackle the next town.

Glad you like my avatar! Your's of Mei is pretty rad too

Whoa whoa whoa thanks for linking me to the site, the German one has episodes streams too, just not many but they have them! :) And not only that but thanks to it I also noticed the German dub is already all the way up to Season 15 o.o Ever since they regulated Pokémon back to 7-8am on weekends here on TV I lost track of it but it seems they actually improved their dubbing speed as of late I'm amazed! Now if there only were German DVDs of the later seasons :/ Though your idea with the Canadian DVDs isn't that bad as I only need to catch up with Season 10 till Season 14 so I might consider it :D

And thanks for confirming that Route 4 is okay, I will go on as soon as my DS is charged :p
Also I'm glad you like mine too! I originally wanted to use another picture of Mei but it lost so much detail when I downsized it to avatar-size :(

What's everyones favourite fight in the Kanto anime?

Mine is Charizard vs Magmar, but Pikachu vs Raichu was good too.

Probably Pikachu vs. Raichu for me, if only because it contains one of my favourite exchanges in the series:

"Pikachu is immune to Electric attacks because it grounded itself with its tail!"

Lt. Surge: "What."

Charizard/Magmar of course, manly fire type fury at its finest.

The Raichu fight gets points for that window shattering thunderbolt from Raichu.
I'm struggling to remember this one fight from the pokemon league section on the ice field, I think an Arcanine was involved?

MikeMyers

Charizard/Magmar of course, manly fire type fury at its finest.

The Raichu fight gets points for that window shattering thunderbolt from Raichu.
I'm struggling to remember this one fight from the pokemon league section on the ice field, I think an Arcanine was involved?

Yeah, that episode is called Fire and Ice, where UltimateIke used his Arcanine to battle Ash's Kingler.

Stage On

Since the orange islands fall under the Kanto banner my fave fight would have to be The Orange League Final. Charizard vs Dragonite was totally epic

Stage On

Ya know how Pikachu got zapped by Zekrom which reset him back to level 5?

Well let's just say they've turbo charged him again in time for the league in November.

Frankly I can't wait for Ash to kick Trip's butt.

Busaiku

Wait so the Pokemon League is November?
This soon?

Also, I just saw the Ferroseed episode, where Pikachu released all the supercharge he got.
So clearly no powerups.

Stage On

Wait so the Pokemon League is November?
This soon?

Also, I just saw the Ferroseed episode, where Pikachu released all the supercharge he got.
So clearly no powerups.

There are scans floating around online of the league including a trainer with an all Eeveelution team.

Stage On

I think I know how it's going to end.

Ash will beat Trip.

But lose to the dude with the Rilou they introduced at the end of the Junior cup.

ffdgh

I think I know how it's going to end.

Ash will beat Trip.

But lose to the dude with the Rilou they introduced at the end of the Junior cup.

As obvious as it may be, I do hope its not true....

Let buizel tie with his future lucario to troll the fans :p

The Lt. Surge gym battle is still the best one in my book. I'm even counting all the way up to Diamond/Pearl (since I haven't bothered with those episodes).

Well if the Pokemon League's coming up then Gen 6 better start soon. That is unless they do RS remakes, which will probably happen.

Then we'll probably get Wii U HD Diamond and Pearl!

Yeah, I went overboard.

Stage On

The better question is where has ho-oh been in BW. Yeah yeah far away region but birds fly :p

He hasn't been seen since the end of Advance Generation. It'd be nice if he showed up at the end of Best Wishes as Ash heads off towards the next region.

Top Bottom