• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Today's episode... so many Godzilla references. Other movies too. I enjoyed it.
Also, Meloetta!

Next time: Roxie enters the scene.

Stage On

So I was checking the status of my older Pokemon games and I finally got around to using my mystic ticket to catch Lugia and Ho-oh in Fire red.

My team is all lv 56 and they where level 70 so that made it extra epic. I made the mistake of not saving between battles and ended up having to use my Master ball on Ho-oh thought so not to waste my progress.

Got my copy (Black 2) and im looking for a bit of help from my poke brethen. I want to start up my in game team but I'm gonna need some help to do it.

Arcanine (Maybe try out chandelure)
Lucario
Dragonite
Wash Rotom
Slowbro
Espeon

Does anyone here have a dratini, rotom, slowpoke, or eevee in their games that they don't want?

Got my copy (Black 2) and im looking for a bit of help from my poke brethen. I want to start up my in game team but I'm gonna need some help to do it.

Arcanine (Maybe try out chandelure)
Lucario
Dragonite
Wash Rotom
Slowbro
Espeon

Does anyone here have a dratini, rotom, slowpoke, or eevee in their games that they don't want?

You can do an in-game trade with an NPC - trade a Ditto for a Rotom - in Black/White. Did you ever get that one?

I can trade you the others. I guess you want a Dratini with its Dream World ability?

You can do an in-game trade with an NPC - trade a Ditto for a Rotom - in Black/White. Did you ever get that one?

I can trade you the others. I guess you want a Dratini with its Dream World ability?

Yeah. I don't have other pokemon games atm. So i have nothing. I just beat my rival for the first time so I havent even had a chance to get my pal pad and stuff yet.

Do you have any of the other with their DW ability?

Edit: Rival battle theme is amazing.

Yeah. I don't have other pokemon games atm. So i have nothing. I just beat my rival for the first time so I havent even had a chance to get my pal pad and stuff yet.

Do you have any of the other with their DW ability?

Edit: Rival battle theme is amazing.

I never did that in-game trade, so I'll get you that Rotom.

Dratini is the only one I can get with its DW ability. I've never gotten the others.

So I can get you Rotom, DW Dratini, and regular Eevee/Slowpoke. If those are good enough, do you want Pokémon eggs or do you want me to hatch them?

I never did that in-game trade, so I'll get you that Rotom.

Dratini is the only one I can get with its DW ability. I've never gotten the others.

So I can get you Rotom, DW Dratini, and regular Eevee/Slowpoke. If those are good enough, do you want Pokémon eggs or do you want me to hatch them?

I'll take rotom and the dw dratini I wanna try out regenator slowbro which is a pokemon i've never used before. Can you hatch them? Also do you mind turning rotom into a wash rotom?

backlot

I got haxed by a Garchomp online earlier. My Starmie's ice beam missed twice in a row then he killed my Porygon2 with a critical hit. It was his last Pokemon too and my Starmie and Porygon2 were both at full health. :(

MikeMyers

I got haxed by a Garchomp online earlier. My Starmie's ice beam missed twice in a row then he killed my Porygon2 with a critical hit. It was his last Pokemon too and my Starmie and Porygon2 were both at full health. :(

That sucks dude.

My favourite Dragons are Rayquaza and Salamence.

Stage On

The biggest problem with getting both versions is I really only have time for one.

Except I'm obsessive complusive and they keep giving me reasons to want to go back to the second one for some reason or other.

For example, I still need to run thought Heart Gold to get Kyogre and thus unlock Rayquaza

And Black to catch Tornadus and unlock Landorus.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Garchomp is the worst in later subway/tower fights because there really isn't a no miss move that can ohko him outside of the very rare Ice Punching Machamp.

Most other veil pokemon aren't huge threats without a ton of hax.

Still your best bet against the AI is the slow and steady approach of using a wall with an accuracy lowering move to abuse the fact that the AI hates switching, then switching in a buffer and rolling their team. Bonus points if you can fit Faint Attack somewhere on there juust in case.

Kabuto

Has it ever been stated why Pokemon games have never been able to have multiple save files? I would love to able to play the games more than once without buying a whole 'nother version.
I'm not getting B2/W2 until next Tuesday (damn Sunday releases and Amazon), but I did just buy Pokemon Dream Radar. Time to play it a little.
5703640.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
Friend bought me HBO's Rome and Universal's Monster Collection on blu ray instead.

I think I'll join the Pokémon 2 crowd for Christmas though. Genesect isn't an extra area/plot thread like Victini was, is he? That's the only thing that would make me swing to grab a copy now.

Suairyu

Banned
Has it ever been stated why Pokemon games have never been able to have multiple save files? I would love to able to play the games more than once without buying a whole 'nother version.
It'd ruin the trading economy by putting too many legendaries into the system.

GAMEFREAK are only happy with you putting too many legendaries into the system if you buy a second cart to offset the broken trade economy with more yen in their own economy if you get what I mean.

Oh whoa, grinding on Route 4 in White to beat the third arena takes longer than I expected but I'm not complaining as it reminds me of the time I had to grind way back in Red to beat Brock when I picked Charmander as my starter. And on that note I hate Darumaka's as they tend to one-hit my Pidove as I try to level it up :(

I think I'll join the Pokémon 2 crowd for Christmas though. Genesect isn't an extra area/plot thread like Victini was, is he? That's the only thing that would make me swing to grab a copy now.

Nah. You get given a few items for it and a little bit of backstory, but it's confined to an area that you'd be visiting anyway; no Liberty Tower kind of stuff.

Qurupeke

So, can anyone help me with PTCG? I was playing some years ago, but I stopped at the LEGENDS era. After playing PTCGO, I started again. I'm planning to buy the two Dark Explorers theme decks and the Fall Tin with the Darkrai EX. But I'm not so sure about my deck yet. Guides or advices would be helpful. :)

Kokonoe

Banned

Jeez, I never even realized that, but it's a pretty basic thing to have.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok me and my friends have been trying to come up with broken hacked Pokemon. We're trying to come up with the dumbest teams by just changing to abilities of Pokemon and nothing else.

So I came up with Flash Fire Scizor, No Guard Articuno with Sheer Cold, and some one came up something for Regigigas, forgot the exact ability.

Anything else really dumb you can make by just changing the ability?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh yeah no ubers too.

We determined that they were dumb on their own.

Maybe we'll mix the hacked Pokemon in with ubers and see how that works.

You're going to plow through the game with that type coverage.

What's great is they were the first six to respond when I asked who wanted to be on my PokéGAF team. I couldn't have asked for a much better team!

I'm super excited to finally get this party started!

Kokonoe

Banned
Is Torchic awesome, or is it just me?

What's great is they were the first six to respond when I asked who wanted to be on my PokéGAF team. I couldn't have asked for a much better team!

I'm super excited to finally get this party started!

That is quite the odds there, too bad there isn't an ideal way to stream DS games.

Stage On

Just got back from the Pokemon event in Toronto :)

It really was for little kids more then anyone else but luckily I wasn't the oldest one their or the only one cosplaying. Considering how far I had to go to get their it was nearly a waste of time if it wasn't for the following Picture.

Me with Pikachu
002-1.jpg

My swag

Top Bottom