• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
I like to keep Pichu at it's normal state, all the way to 100. Faints in one hit, but it looks too good for me to evolve it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494570

Haha. I love the string of posts after the OP!
Lol. Basileus is such a hater. XD

What would you guys nickname an Oshawott?

I was gonna call him Cap.Badass but it just looks ugly -_-
If you're gonna leave him an Oshawott, then go with something cute like Wottergun. Or if you're gonna evolve him into Samurott, then something like Nobunaga or some other cool Samurai name.

I always name my player dude ASH and I'm proud of it.

Why does the protag in B2W2 look like such a fucking doofus?

y7iOK.jpg

Eh the only one lacking was perhaps the male PC from RSE...the player characters from Platinum were much improved over the other versions. Even Leaf's design is kind of nice.

I may not like RSE, but I do love Brendan's design. I mean, have you seen his hat? That is the coolest hat ever if only because it confused people into thinking that was his hair.

LeleSocho

Banned
I may not like RSE, but I do love Brendan's design. I mean, have you seen his hat? That is the coolest hat ever if only because it confused people into thinking that was his hair.

I don't care what people say... those are his hair.

guys guys.... what if gen6 Fire starter is Fire/Fighting? :°°°D

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll probably hold off on Gen VI if it isn't 3D and wait till the third version or "Sequel". Although I wouldn't be able to resist Gen III remakes.

Actually...that's a good question...I wonder how would a fire/water type look? I mean grass/water aren't as opposed to one another like fire and water...maybe if it were a steam like Pokemon?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Claire was an immature jerk. Was so satisfying when I crushed her.

Iris is fine, but a little bland in the games (going by BW.) Probably because they leave it to the anime to flesh her out.

MikeMyers

Clair:
Gyarados (Level 38): Bite/Twister/Dragon Rage/Dragon Pulse
Dragonair (Level 38): Thunder Wave/Slam/Aqua Tail/Dragon Pulse
Dragonair (Level 38): Thunder Wave/Slam/Fire Blast/Dragon Pulse
Kingdra (Level 41): Dragon Pulse/Hyper Beam/Smokescreen/Hydro Pump

VS

Iris in White:
Fraxure (Level 41): Dragon Dance/Dragon Rage/Assurance/Dragon Tail
Druddigon (Level 41): Revenge/Chip Away/Night Slash/Dragon Tail
Haxorus (Level 43): Dragon Dance/Assurance/Slash/Dragon Tail

Who do you guys think will win?

Firestorm

Anyone in Europe know the cheapest place to order this game online? Just held a contest for the two games and both winners were from Germany and I don't wanna just ship out NA copies they can't use in tournaments.

Clair:
Gyarados (Level 38): Bite/Twister/Dragon Rage/Dragon Pulse
Dragonair (Level 38): Thunder Wave/Slam/Aqua Tail/Dragon Pulse
Dragonair (Level 38): Thunder Wave/Slam/Fire Blast/Dragon Pulse
Kingdra (Level 41): Dragon Pulse/Hyper Beam/Smokescreen/Hydro Pump

VS

Iris in White:
Fraxure (Level 41): Dragon Dance/Dragon Rage/Assurance/Dragon Tail
Druddigon (Level 41): Revenge/Chip Away/Night Slash/Dragon Tail
Haxorus (Level 43): Dragon Dance/Assurance/Slash/Dragon Tail

Who do you guys think will win?

Just based off the moves and such, Clair. Just Thunder Wave everything and slowly pick them off.

Anyone in Europe know the cheapest place to order this game online? Just held a contest for the two games and both winners were from Germany and I don't wanna just ship out NA copies they can't use in tournaments.

I'm by no means a expert in online shipping but I looked around for a bit and every online-shop that had it below the normal retail price of 39.99€ wouldn't ship outside of the EU :/

What would you guys nickname an Oshawott?

I was gonna call him Cap.Badass but it just looks ugly -_-

I would call mine Ottaro!
That's the default German name :p

But in all honestly I never really nicknamed my Pokémon with the exception of my Pikachus that I sometimes call Sparky. And the (un)creatives nickname I can come up with would be Waterio or Wabear... okay I should probably stop xD

LeleSocho

Banned
I'll probably hold off on Gen VI if it isn't 3D and wait till the third version or "Sequel". Although I wouldn't be able to resist Gen III remakes.
I guess you'll never play a pokémon game anymore then :(
Today, I rediscovered Pokemon the movie beta trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI Wish we got this version instead. btw Pink hair girl is Misty and Ash? daughter lol

oh yeah... the Misty waifu and daughter.

I would call oshawott like someone suggested before the official english names were out, Wotter (pronunced as water but with double t).

I need it shipped to Germany so that is fine!

Ohh right I'm quite sleepy so I didn't even realize that you actually need to ship them to Germany, let me dig out these shops again!

Pokémon White 2: http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en...age=en&referer=VKNR_469&landingCountry=de&t=1

Pokémon Black 2: http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en...kemon-schwarze-edition-2.html?t=1&language=en

I never ordered from there so I can't give any info about the reliability but going by pure word-of-mouth they seem to be okay. And there were also two other shops who even had them 2€ cheaper but the delivery estimate there was the 17th or beyond.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't recall, but I got the Mewtwo movie I wanted(second one) and it's certainly up there in my favorite movies of all time.

Top Bottom