• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

Just noticed Stage On's cosplay, awesome dude!

Evolved Pokemon are the superior race. :O

Ash.jpg

NAH

Stage On

I would be Lilligant. Grass Power.

If I find one I'm catching it and then naming it after you then.

Still trying to get a Chikorita for Gen 4 so I can speed run Heart Gold later. Maybe I'll try the GTS and see if I can bag one that way.... that or get a new battery for my pokewalker and hope I finally get to the course that unlocks it.

Gonna name it Myers

Stage On

Even if Viz brings out Ruby/Sappire I don't regret having the Singapore version since I won't have to worry about Viz's censorship

MikeMyers

If I find one I'm catching it and then naming it after you then.

Still trying to get a Chikorita for Gen 4 so I can speed run Heart Gold later. Maybe I'll try the GTS and see if I can bag one that way.... that or get a new battery for my pokewalker and hope I finally get to the course that unlocks it.

Gonna name it Myers

Haha thanks dude.

I would name my Pikachus after you, but I always name my Pikachus after my friend who died last year.

But maybe some other Pokemon that you really like, I can make sure to name after you.

Stage On

Haha thanks dude.

I would name my Pikachus after you, but I always name my Pikachus after my friend who died last year.

But maybe some other Pokemon that you really like, I can make sure to name after you.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's great that you're honoring your friend like that though.

You know it's funny but I'm not really sure which my second or third favorite Pokemon would be.

MikeMyers

I'm sorry for your loss. It's great that you're honoring your friend like that though.

You know it's funny but I'm not really sure which my second or third favorite Pokemon would be.

Yeah he killed himself on Halloween last year :/ Pikachu was his favourite Pokemon so I always name Pikachu after him

Well let me know when you decide on a #2 or #3, I'll name them after you.

Haha thanks dude.

That's really cool and honourable of you, dude.

I'd nickname a Pokémon after my girlfriend who committed suicide last September, but I've yet to get my hands on a nameable Jirachi :(

How far is everyone in BW2 right now? I just stopped in front of the Castelia Gym in order to avoid burning myself out.

EDIT: It seems as though we're together in the loss of a loved one :(

Cheers to you for keeping your chin up. I'm still quite the emotional wreck.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm so useful though!

Thanks Kokonoe. <3 Though I did love Ike's suggestion it be a shiny one. :O

-pixelated thumbs up-

Well, you were the first Pokemon I ever nicknamed, so there's that too. I like normal Togekiss more compared to the shiny, but that's because I prefer white over yellow.

Kokonoe

Banned
Me as a Flaffy, I have no issues with this!

*Still has not opened game. Not sure when I will open it either*

Well my friend, I can actually say I'm enjoying this more than the first game, so whenever you get the time, I think you might too since we share very similar opinions on this.

Busaiku

So if I'm thinking of being serious about playing competitively this time around.
But then I'm too stupid to do the RNG junk...

Does this mean I have no hope?

Busaiku

No, but I wanna be the OT!
And they have to be shiny too!

Yeah, I'm just gonna give up again.
But seriously, am I at that much of a disadvantage without perfect IVs?

Stage On

Or go non-competitive! Try to battle with me. I'm sure that you should be able to find non-competitive battlers. These kind of battles are more of "just for fun" type.

I'd be happy to battle you sometime as I'm the "just for fun" type myself. I just don't have the time to be Competitive.

It's easier to play the game when I don't have to worry about natures, IV's and EV's.

Busaiku

I mean, they don't have to be mutually exclusive.
I like worrying about IVs/EVs/Natures, it's just that getting perfect IVs is so hard if you can't abuse the system.

Which is the point of any competitive game, I guess, but I dunno, I just don't wanna do it in Pokemon.

MicH

Keldeo GET! I love how you don't even have to enter GameStop to download it. Sooo good. I can just grab it on my way to school (since there's a GameStop just by the trainstation in the direction I'm heading). Now all I need is Genesect (will get Friday when Black 2 and White 2 releases in Europe) and Meloetta, whenever that gets distributed.

Keldeo GET! I love how you don't even have to enter GameStop to download it. Sooo good. I can just grab it on my way to school (since there's a GameStop just by the trainstation in the direction I'm heading). Now all I need is Genesect (will get Friday when Black 2 and White 2 releases in Europe) and Meloetta, whenever that gets distributed.

If only... I could get.... one...

Hang on a second... I think I might have to check whether there's a distribution around here, just in case. Failing so, I'll get it off someone else via the Internet.

Kazzy

I'd be happy to battle you sometime as I'm the "just for fun" type myself. I just don't have the time to be Competitive.

It's easier to play the game when I don't have to worry about natures, IV's and EV's.

That's exactly how I feel. I've always appreciated the various systems, but have never had the time to wholly commit myself to exploring those aspects.

That's exactly how I feel. I've always appreciated the various systems, but have never had the time to wholly commit myself to exploring those aspects.

I think I won't bother, too. I think I'm going to be one of these guys that do reset for stats and nature, but not much else. Once it gets good enough, I stick with my choices.

Top Bottom