• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

Sinnoh E4 was a joke, Level 44 Gyarados made short work of them.

Gary in Yellow was one tough mofo though, that Jolteon is ridiculous if you don't have a ground type.

Stage On

I'm disappointed we didn't get a Champion vs Champion match in the anime when they had the perfect chance.

Cynthia vs Alder would have been epic

Plasmid

Sinnoh E4 was a joke, Level 44 Gyarados made short work of them.

Gary in Yellow was one tough mofo though, that Jolteon is ridiculous if you don't have a ground type.

Are you able to fight old gym leaders or?

Also capes? what lol

e:

community thread, which game and WHATS THIS ABOUT CAPES?

Lance is like the worst champion.

I want to say this is true but Wallace to me will always be the worst.
I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make two champions that were focused around the same type as the last gym in their respective games but i'm going to call them a stupid head.

MikeMyers

I want to say this is true but Wallace to me will always be the worst.
I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make two champions that were focused around the same type as the last gym in their respective games but i'm going to call them a stupid head.

Wallace would totally kick Stevens ass.

Come at me bros.

I can't really hate Wallace since I can't hate Water Gym Leaders. I do think it was extremely questionable to put him as the champion in Emerald, though.

Wallace would totally kick Stevens ass.

Come at me bros.
Steven would bankrupt Wallace using his rich kid money and then kick his arse in a pokemon battle to truly defeat him and leave him a broken man.

But we all know Alder is the best so yeah /unpopular opinion

I can't really hate Wallace since I can't hate Water Gym Leaders. I do think it was extremely questionable to put him as the champion in Emerald, though.

As a gym leader he's fine and I like him more than Juan, but removing Steven from the champion position was an odd move in a vain attempt for variety, they could have at least done more with Wallace in the game itself if they were going to hoof him up to champion status.

So why does
Black/White 2 get a pass for doing the same thing?
Simple,
I played Black version, I never battled Iris, should've made it Dragon wrasslin' Drayden for White 2 players.

GSC did it too.
The thing that really bothers me about Lance aside from it being a pretty boring choice is that his team has Dragonite three times which is more bland than Flint's non fire type fire team from D/P.

MikeMyers

The thing that made Lance so intimidating in RBY his Pokemon are so uncommon, you had no idea what to expect?

Gyarados? Only time you'd see it is on Gary's team, and if you picked Charmander as your starter you don't see Gary with one.
Aerodactyl? You don't see this at all, unless you did the Old Amber detour
Dragonite? You don't see it at all, unless you Super Rod that rare Dratini and trained it 40 levels.

Then you get to GSC and the only thing that is intimidating about him is his Aerodactyl Rock Slide flinching you to death.

Why are Pryce's Pokemon lower leveled than Jasmines?

Because G/S break their level balancing towards the later half of the game, it opens itself up from linearity but it doesn't do it very well, the game has a noticeable splitting point but with the slight freedom comes a bit of a mess regarding trainer levels that haunts Johto all the way to its pokemon league finale.
Also because she's the best gym leader, maybe, having Steelix will increase your stock with me quite substantially.

They did actually increase Pryce's levels in HG/SS.

Stage On

You can also do it in HG/SS. It's just kind of annoying how they do it in B/W2...

But it's so annoying to do in HG/SS

You have to get the gym leaders phone number first then call them during a specific day during a specific time frame.

Platinum at least you just walk into a building and can fight 3 of them once a day and it rotates different leaders in

Touche. Yea some of them...like Gary are really silly to get. Still the option is nice to have. I wouldn't mind more gym leaders bugging me on the phone...

Guys.

Guys.

Gen V is best Gen. Gen I or Gen IV is worst.

WFlK7l.png

Top Bottom