• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

Tsk.

Oshawott > *

If nothing else Oshawott has more personality then most of the other starters, at least in the anime anyhow.

tumblr_lcx55fOzFh1qcqbdj.jpg

clemenx

Banned
A sorta random question, but does Whitney remains the hardest Gym ever? I was thinking about this but then I realized that my memory sucks. I don't remember struggling in any other gym. Fuck Miltank.

Oh and Oshawott <3

A sorta random question, but does Whitney remains the hardest Gym ever? I was thinking about this but then I realized that my memory sucks. I don't remember struggling in any other gym. Fuck Miltank.

Oh and Oshawott <3

i think the 8th Gym in Gold/Silver is harder. Kingdras are no joke.

In Yellow, I always seemed to run into trouble with Koga and his double teaming Venemoth. But I was younger back then, so who knows?

Oh and Oshawott <3

Her and Clair always gave me the most trouble. No other gym leader has even come close to being a challenge. Clair and that Kingdra was a killer, especially since you probably didn't have a dragon to get good damage on it. And it wasn't a slouch in the speed department. And that bloody Miltank...bulky, scrappy and faster than anything you have...starter Pokemon 10+ levels higher? Doesn't matter, the cow is on crack.

i think the 8th Gym in Gold/Silver is harder. Kingdras are no joke.

8th gym in emerald also has a terrifying Kingdra, I think it either spammed smokescreen or double team to make it even more irksome than G/S Kingdra.

Of course pretty much all gyms are all easy when faced with their weakness and with a desert nearby I can't call Elesa in B2 hard by any stretch but she beat the hell out of me multiple times earlier this month since I lacked anyone even appropriate for that fight.
Victory still goes to Whitney on the whole though, that killer Miltank doesn't screw around.

Wiseblade

8th gym in emerald also has a terrifying Kingdra, I think it either spammed smokescreen or double team to make it even more irksome than G/S Kingdra.

Of course pretty much all gyms are all easy when faced with their weakness and with a desert nearby I can't call Elesa in B2 hard by any stretch but she beat the hell out of me multiple times earlier this month since I lacked anyone even appropriate for that fight.
Victory still goes to Whitney on the whole though, that killer Miltank doesn't screw around.

I never had trouble with Whitney. She was a cakewalk, just like the rest of Johto.

LeleSocho

Banned

Oh and Oshawott <3

I think it's because of MiltankXRollout but Brock in yellow was way harder for me

MikeMyers

Brock in Yellow:

Double Team x6
Tail Whip x6
QUICK ATTACK LIKE A MOFO

Pikachu wins.

Of course, back in the day I just used Mankey, I didn't realize Pikachu could solo Brock until I saw this video.

Kazzy

In Yellow, I always seemed to run into trouble with Koga and his double teaming Venemoth. But I was younger back then, so who knows?

Koga was always one of the coolest, but I always bummed that he was amongst the easiest of the leaders.

And I do remember Whitney being an early spike, especially if that Milktank got its rollout up and running.

Koga is better because he did the ninja thing first and he graduated to the Elite Four. Janine could have at least redesigned the gym or something. She's just a spunkier Koga.

Anth0ny

Oh and Oshawott <3

I think so, absolutely. That Miltank FUCKED ME UP. I went into Gold expecting to breeze through it. After all, I was a Pokemon MASTER. I finished RBY at least 5 times!

Then than Miltank rollouted my shit. Never forget.

Korosenai

I was just using a teleporter in Black 2 and it make me start thinking about the other day where you guy's were talking about getting rid of hm's and turning them into items.

I think Game Freak could effectively replace fly with a teleport item.

Teleporters have been in pokemon for a while, and it's already a tm. It would just make sense.

But what about flying to places that wouldn't have a teleporter? I know there are places in Black/White 2 where you can fly that wouldn't have a place for a teleporter...I do like the idea for cities though.

Okay that's fine. I just think they could have been more original.

Caught a Joltik after my fifth badge. Damn close to being my new favorite pokemon, but nothing shall usurp Caterpie.

Has anyone caught a Ralts with dream catcher yet? two weeks of trying and still none.

Top Bottom