• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

OctoWara289

Neo Member
You sound excited there :)

Did that Victini not scare you?

Nope, made me wanna love it! This reminds me, I have to upload a pic of a polymer/clay/whatever thing that I made of a Victini. I think you guys would like it! It was my first time doing anything of the sort, I borrowed my friends Polymer clay. She has her own little store on Etsy where she makes all sorts of really nice anime creations. Pictures will come soon!

Question still stands: Japanese Ditto anyone?!!! :D

QdLqr.jpg

It just means you're not looking hard enough.

I have a response to this.

It involves a double entendre.

So I tried to watch the Diamond Pearl portion of the anime but I just realized I was sick of Brock's antics so I opted to watch Best Wishes...various episodes that is. I kind of like Iris because really Ash is an idiot but she still comes across as a giant jerk. Oshawott is hilarious especially when he shoved Pikachu off Ash's shoulder. Homika episode was great even if she was buffed to hell and back.

So I tried to watch the Diamond Pearl portion of the anime but I just realized I was sick of Brock's antics so I opted to watch Best Wishes...various episodes that is. I kind of like Iris because really Ash is an idiot but she still comes across as a giant jerk. Oshawott is hilarious especially when he shoved Pikachu off Ash's shoulder. Homika episode was great even if she was buffed to hell and back.

What a Kid!

njean777

dont know if this is the place to ask but does anybody got a charmander and bulbasaur for trade? I have white 2 btw. I dont have much up for trade as I am just starting the game, was just wondering if anybody would hook me up maybe?

Stage On

I hate Iris's "such a kid" catchphrase considering how often she acts stupid herself.

I'm surprised you don't like Bel. I find her energy to be infectious

I agree she is kind of a hypocrite there but Ash has been annoying me for a lot longer so...I excuse it at times.

And yea...Bel (Bianca) is just a bit too hyperactive. She's a bit far too crazy when it comes to cute Pokemon and she's a bit too eccentric for my tastes. Just shut up and go away Bianca.

And wow, Litwick and it's ilk are straight up evil. I need to write a chapter of Litwick antics.

Link1110

Ok, getting ready to challenge the elite four in Platinum. How's my team...

Tentacruel, lv 47
Surf, water wave, poison stab, barrier

Golem, lv 46
Earthquake, rock blast, rock fall, risk knuckle

Medicham, level 50
Flying kick, rock break, yoga pose, mind power

Torterra, level 45
Leaf cutter, earthquake, cut, rock climb

Staraptor, level 40
Close combat, steel wing, fly, wing attack

Jolteon, level 50
Lightning fang, lightning, strength, reserve

I'm playing in Japanese. Some names may be different

Ok, getting ready to challenge the elite four in Platinum. How's my team...

Tentacruel, lv 47
Surf, water wave, poison stab, barrier

Golem, lv 46
Earthquake, rock blast, rock fall, risk knuckle

Medicham, level 50
Flying kick, rock break, yoga pose, mind power

Torterra, level 45
Leaf cutter, earthquake, cut, rock climb

Staraptor, level 40
Close combat, steel wing, fly, wing attack

Jolteon, level 50
Lightning fang, lightning, strength, reserve

I'm playing in Japanese. Some names may be different

Your team could use more varied attacks...too many same type moves on a Pokemon and you have no way of dealing with Garchomp. Like give your water type an ice move to deal with that pesky dragon. Not familiar with Staraptor but why does he need 2 flying attacks? And Medicham needs some sort of psychic attack to take advantage of its typing...stuff like that.

Are you watching it subbed or dubbed? Because Shizuka Ito sounds completely different from the American VA.

Trying to watch it dubbed when I can. Don't care for listening to the Japanese voices but I'm not fond of her American VA. Just don't care much for the voice.

Giratina would help, he's strong but the whole team will need to be a little higher in levels (Like in the 50's) unless you feel like abusing Revives and Full Restores like crazy. Giratina would be a good choice to deal with Garchomp, as long as he can survive that uber Chomp.

Link1110

Giratina would help, he's strong but the whole team will need to be a little higher in levels (Like in the 50's) unless you feel like abusing Revives and Full Restores like crazy. Giratina would be a good choice to deal with Garchomp, as long as he can survive that uber Chomp.
I'm hoping to get to 60, but is there any faster way than wild Pokémon after I finish the trainers in victory road?

dont know if this is the place to ask but does anybody got a charmander and bulbasaur for trade? I have white 2 btw. I dont have much up for trade as I am just starting the game, was just wondering if anybody would hook me up maybe?

I can give you both!

My friend code is 4213 1795 5994.

Top Bottom