• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Nope, not one bit.

Team Plasma hasn't been referenced one bit ever since the tsunami incident.

Oh really? It would be interesting to see them but it seems a bit late to be introducing them now. Oh well, maybe we'll get an arc about them.

Way less sad since he work hard to get it but still sad

Can't something remain luck based?

No. Luck based things are just terrible and usually badly designed.

backlot

Wait, what do I do to figure out my initial frame? I have a target frame and a time and all that stuff, and I think I've done everything right up to this point, but I can't get it to work.

rng_5thwonder6.png

If you enter your seed then click the "Calculate Initial PIDGRNG Frame" button like in this picture the "Starting Frame"(on the left of the picture above where you put the seed) will change from 1 to your actual starting frame.

Boogiepop

Wait, do I need to find my ID and SID to get this to work right? I didn't see that as a step in the guide, but I just noticed those were sections in the profile part of the tool. Because I'm STILL not able to get this to work right, and that's about all I can think of that would be screwing things up.

backlot

Wait, do I need to find my ID and SID to get this to work right? I didn't see that as a step in the guide, but I just noticed those were sections in the profile part of the tool. Because I'm STILL not able to get this to work right, and that's about all I can think of that would be screwing things up.

You only need to enter your ID/SID if you're looking for shinies so that isn't what's screwing you up. Are the results you're getting at least consistant? Maybe you're just advancing it the wrong number of times. Also did you make sure to check the Black White 2 box under the Calculate Initial Frame button?
Edit: I guess there's also a check box for memory link now too. If you've done a memory link make sure that box is checked as well.

Oh really? It would be interesting to see them but it seems a bit late to be introducing them now. Oh well, maybe we'll get an arc about them.

Well considering they are starting the Unova league in Japan pretty soon...they need something to fill in all that time before gen 6!

Boogiepop

You only need to enter your ID/SID if you're looking for shinies so that isn't what's screwing you up. Are the results you're getting at least consistant? Maybe you're just advancing it the wrong number of times. Also did you make sure to check the Black White 2 box under the Calculate Initial Frame button?
Edit: I guess there's also a check box for memory link now too. If you've done a memory link make sure that box is checked as well.

Did those. I think I just got really close, as the one I got seems to match to the one one frame before what my target frame is. Do you count when you first enter a Chatot summary page when advancing frames? I've been counting that and then each flip afterwards, then exiting out.

Well considering they are starting the Unova league in Japan pretty soon...they need something to fill in all that time before gen 6!

I'm half expecting a Genesect/ Plasma arc for the anime, with the next movie going all-out with Gen VI stuff.

Wouldn't be the first time they tease a movie with a Pokemon that isn't in it; Lugia and Ho-oh were in the very first teaser for the Zoroark movie.

backlot

Did those. I think I just got really close, as the one I got seems to match to the one one frame before what my target frame is. Do you count when you first enter a Chatot summary page when advancing frames? I've been counting that and then each flip afterwards, then exiting out.

Yes the first time you enter does count so you're doing that right. If you keep hitting one frame before your target then try just advancing one more time. Strange things like that happen sometimes so just adjust for them.

Boogiepop

Yes the first time you enter does count so you're doing that right. If you keep hitting one frame before your target then try just advancing one more time. Strange things like that happen sometimes so just adjust for them.

Yup, did that and I finally got it after a try or two! I now have a hasty Genesect with 31s in everything but special defense, where it has a 30! Hooray!

So, I'm assuming I don't have to calibrate ever again if I'm using the same DS and game cart?

Zeroth

Wouldn't be the first time they tease a movie with a Pokemon that isn't in it; Lugia and Ho-oh were in the very first teaser for the Zoroark movie.

That's pretty much a tradition. I recall Team Rocket capturing a Rayquaza in the opening of some movie, even though they weren't featured on it.

So, I'm assuming I don't have to calibrate ever again if I'm using the same DS and game cart?

Yes, but I recommend taking a screenshot of your seed/parameter information in case you lose your data somehow, since that will save time.

backlot

Yup, did that and I finally got it after a try or two! I now have a hasty Genesect with 31s in everything but special defense, where it has a 30! Hooray!

Yup, you only have to calibrate it once. If you decide to RNG again you can use that same info so make sure you save it.

Congrats on the Genesect!

Boogiepop

Man, the pokedex is awesome sometimes:
"A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though."

Also, the "forms" page is both neat and devious. Offering a way to show if you've seen all the forms/shiny versions of a pokemon! Crazy!

Though I also noticed that the Size/Weight comparison to a human is gone, which was pretty much my favorite part back in Sapphire. :(

Edit: Hooooooooly crap! Just hit Murkrow's page, and it's a pokemon I got off the GTS from someone with a Japanese game. There's an option to open the Japanese page on the top screen! Wow!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mudkip and Treecko are fine. Treecko could use some egg moves and tms/move tutors. Mudkip has a bunch of shitty accuracy moves when leveling up but eventually gets EQ naturally.

In game wise gen III fire/fighting starter is the worst of the three fire/fighting starters...but is still the best in the gen 3.

He's the best because he's a fighting chicken. Kung Pow Chicken! We'll ignore whatever his final form is but he's the best icon for what Pokemon is, cock fighting!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sceptile is one of the very few Pokémon that I can think of that were negatively impacted by the special/attack type split in Gen 4.

Top Bottom