• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

:3

8hXbM.jpg

Boogiepop

Gah.... started soft reseting for a Genesect.

Not sure if I want to keep this one or try for something better:
HP: 18 - 24
Att: 1, 3, 5
Def: 5, 7, 9
SpA: 14, 16, 18
SpD: 11, 13, 15
Speed: 30

Edit: Screw it, I'm trying for better!

Stage On

If there was any justice in the world, they would have retired Ash and had Gold, Crystal and Lyra as the main trio for the Johto arc.

Problem with that is they didn't invent Lyra until years after the Johto arc.

It would have started with Gold by himself and then they'd be able to introduce Crystal later once her game came up much like what happened in the manga

Problem with that is they didn't invent Lyra until years after the Johto arc.

It would have started with Gold by himself and then they'd be able to introduce Crystal later once her game came up much like what happened in the manga

That's true, I totally spaced that out...

I hate that Togepi has a 12% chance of being a female.

All I want is a Calm, Serene Grace, female Togepi. Just give me this, you stupid game. PLEASE.

Stage On

I hate that Togepi has a 12% chance of being a female.

All I want is a Calm, Serene Grace, female Togepi. Just give me this, you stupid game. PLEASE.

For something that specific Your best bet is to have someone random number generate one for you rather then try and get one by plain luck

For something that specific Your best bet is to have someone random number generate one for you rather then try and get one by plain luck

Hmm

Maybe I should ask for someone to generate one for me, but I do prefer putting my effort on things. My very own.

*looks at the relatively superior Axew that he just finished training*

RNG? That bad, huh? I really want to use one for my Black 2 playthrough (non-hatched so I could be the OT.) Argh...I've been using the Everstone method and everything.

Everstone only guarantees natures if I'm not wrong.

Everstone is only a 50% chance on natures in B/W to my great frustration, and abilities are random (50/50). Asking for a female (1/8 chance) on top of those means that one could be at this for a long time before the stars align.

I've read that breeding is less random in B/W2, in that everstone chance finally becomes 100%, and the chance to inherit the mother's ability is higher.

Boogiepop

Gah, screw it. I guess I'll try RNGing for my Genesect. I can deal with breeding stuff as that's finally become decent enough in the number of variables you can control (though Hidden Power is still atrocious and a huge issue), but Wonder Card stuff is ridiculous. Any good guides for trying to RNG a wonder card? I think I'm just going to try learning from the giant mound of text on Smogon if nobody has any better suggestions.

backlot

Gah, screw it. I guess I'll try RNGing for my Genesect. I can deal with breeding stuff as that's finally become decent enough in the number of variables you can control (though Hidden Power is still atrocious and a huge issue), but Wonder Card stuff is ridiculous. Any good guides for trying to RNG a wonder card? I think I'm just going to try learning from the giant mound of text on Smogon if nobody has any better suggestions.

Nugget Bridge has some pretty good guides.
http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/4th-and-5th-generation-rng-calibration/
http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/5th-generation-wonder-card-an-rng-guide/

Boogiepop

Gah, is the pokemon I'm getting when trying to figure out my parameters supposed to be the same every time? Because it isn't. Is Lostlorn forest still an okay place to do this with Sweet Scent?

backlot

Am i the only one who thinks that using the computer tools for breeding et similia it's very sad?

Because this isn't?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw

Gah, is the pokemon I'm getting when trying to figure out my parameters supposed to be the same every time? Because it isn't. Is Lostlorn forest still an okay place to do this with Sweet Scent?

Does Lostlorn forest have any wandering NPC's? That could be messing you up. If you have any stationary legendaries you haven't caught yet that would probably be easier.

It's sad people have to even bother with it. It shouldn't be that complicated at times. I mean it doesn't have to be easy but it doesn't have to get so complicated.

Boogiepop

Wait, what do I do to figure out my initial frame? I have a target frame and a time and all that stuff, and I think I've done everything right up to this point, but I can't get it to work.

Top Bottom