• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boney

Banned
what's going on here

DjinnSet.jpg

psst djinns > pokemans

Stage On

What's your favorite type of Pokeball guys?

Mine's the Duskball since I mostly play at night. Plus lots of Legendary's live in Cave's making it great for catching them.

Mine's the Duskball since I mostly play at night. Plus lots of Legendary's live in Cave's making it great for catching them.

Great Ball, to the point where I catch all of my favourite Pokémon in them (like my max Attack IV, positive Attack nature Scrafty that I used for my initial White run <3)

Firestorm

Regular Pokeball. Doesn't give away that you have no egg moves in battle >.> In terms of looks I quite like the Ultra Ball as well. And yes, Dusk Ball is what I usually use for catching.

Kokonoe

Banned
*edit*

That list only has the second Mario and Luigi, Partners in Time, and it's right below Thousand Year Door. The original Paper Mario isn't on that list either.

More people pretending FireRed and LeafGreen aren't superior in every conceivable way. Hilarious.

Do you mean in the comments?

Do you mean in the comments?

I was referring to the editorial team. Although people in the GAF thread making arguments about the importance of the games culturally seem to not understand what this is- the best games.

Honestly, the only "best games" list I've ever enjoyed was EDGE's "Best Games to Play Today", because it didn't have the fucking nostalgia glasses on.

That article is plops. TWEWY, FF9 and Kingdom Hearts II not even in the Top 50? Shameful. All three are easily in my Top 10.

And yes, people who think Red and Blue are better than Black and White (or even FRLG) for any reason other than nostalgia are deluding themselves.

That's right, Kokonoe! I'm calling you out! /jk

While they were good, I found both LG and FR a bit...souless and empty? I don't know...they just seemed to lack any real personality or character like the other games. They were just a somewhat pretty remake of the first gen but...just kinda done lazy. Maybe it was just me.

And yes I would prefer the first or second gen to Gen V...but B/W2 looks very promising so THERE!

Kokonoe

Banned
While they were good, I found both LG and FR a bit...souless and empty? I don't know...they just seemed to lack any real personality or character like the other games. They were just a somewhat pretty remake of the first gen but...just kinda done lazy. Maybe it was just me.

I was actually saying this in the last thread. I agree.

FRLG saved Gen III for me, and made the original games playable again (because the originals are fucked), so I'll have to say I disagree. They nailed it, I reckon.

Fallout (the Bethesda ones) are good games. They aren't for me- I can't be doing with the wandering around and such- but they're clearly quality experiences. The times I did play them sucked me into their worlds strongly enough to affirm that, but once I'm out, I'm out.

The originals, I have no idea, but they're probably good given the fuss people make.

FRLG saved Gen III for me, and made the original games playable again (because the originals are fucked), so I'll have to say I disagree. They nailed it, I reckon.

Oh they're certainly playable and a nice option to have since the first gen is so buggy and unbalanced but...that's about it. For me at least.

This is the part of the thread where we talk about how great Zeroth is. He gave me a shiny Torchic, Beldum, and Zorua (all with perfect IVs), all for nothing. How awesome is that?

Top Bottom