• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Neki

Levitate wont help it with its Stealth Rock weakness!

This is true, but by the time it's already in, it's already set up on you! Fire/Dragon has good coverage to, besides on Fire/Steel. :p

This is the part of the thread where we talk about how great Zeroth is. He gave me a shiny Torchic, Beldum, and Zorua (all with perfect IVs), all for nothing. How awesome is that?

This is true, he gave me my shiny dratini with multi-scale and helped me try to learn RNG (didn't work). He also gave me a bunch of other shiny pokemon I can't remember, and he even promised me a shiny Rotom one day!

I need to think of a black and white 2 team. Either run the pre-evolved version of my team, or run all dragons. ALL DRAGONS.

This is the part of the thread where we talk about how great Zeroth is. He gave me a shiny Torchic, Beldum, and Zorua (all with perfect IVs), all for nothing. How awesome is that?

I can personally attest to Zeroth's awesomeness. He's among the finest men I know; and I know many a fine man.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm start to think best typing is most resists, even if you neutrally get hit for something, unless you're bulky, it's going to hurt. So let's go with Magnezone, with Electric/Steel. :p

That is quite the amount of resistances, but it having fighting as a one of it's weaknesses is a pretty big weakness to have due to how popular fighting types are. Of course you can switch out, but still.

Cool shiny.

d46vd.png

MikeMyers

I'm start to think best typing is most resists, even if you neutrally get hit for something, unless you're bulky, it's going to hurt. So let's go with Magnezone, with Electric/Steel. :p

Magnezone+Salamence/Gyarados resist every move in the game.

Neki

Pretty sure I gave you one already! I don't have any more, bu if you didn't get one I can send you mine.

Be still, my beating heart.

Naw, you didn't give me one. You promised me one then a wild sister appeared and you never traded me one. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Those fan made shots look horrible, 3D would be horrible, I have confidence in Game Freak's spritemakers.

So why/how did Pikachu become the de facto mascot of the series, above everything else?
Cute, marketable, and with a bit of an edge for the boys with the electricity.

Pikachu is a master class in mascot design, it really is. I don't care whether Clefairy was originally planned to be the mascot or whatever, but Pikachu's perfect for the job.

Stage On

Pikachu strong enough for a man, cute enough for a woman.

I never would have touched Pokemon if Clefairy had been the Mascot when it came out. It would be way to girly

Busaiku

But why didn't the cartoon go with Eevee or something as the main Pokemon.
I mean Eevee represents the franchise much better, since it's normal, but can evolve into all sorts of different types.

I can understand why Clefairy wasn't accepted though.
It's too fairy for its own good.

Boys don't like fairies.

Top Bottom