• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Evolve early, or get awesome moves... when it comes to stone-based evolutions, the answer is obvious. For other stuff, though, it's a wild guess. (You'll regret not evolving your Grotle ASAP)

Stage On

where do i get heart scales and where is the relearner?

From the wiki

In a house near the Pokémon Center in Mistralton City, a girl known as the reminder girl will give the player the possibility of relearning a move a Pokémon could have learned before, in exchange for a Heart Scale. Next to her is the Move Deleter. In these games, Heart Scales can be rewarded in Driftveil City daily*, exchanged for 10 Sweet Hearts in Mistralton City, held by wild Luvdisc, and in the Sparkling Sea. In addition, Pokémon with Pickup at level 51 or higher may occasionally hold Heart Scales.

I've never liked the Gen V Arcanine sprite exceptionally well. It's too lanky.

For B2/W2, it's the same design, just a darker color. So now I get to like it even less. :(
glm9j.png
shwRD.png

For reference, I think Gen II had the best Arcanine sprites.

jEeoe.png
tVpLA.png

They're terrific.

SvPQv.gif

The Gen III and IV Arcanine sprites are really good too.

Kokonoe

Banned
I've never liked the Gen V Arcanine sprite exceptionally well. It's too lanky.

For B2/W2, it's the same design, just a darker color. So now I get to like it even less. :(
glm9j.png
shwRD.png

For reference, I think Gen II had the best Arcanine sprites.

jEeoe.png
tVpLA.png

They're terrific.

SvPQv.gif

The Gen III and IV Arcanine sprites are really good too.

I thought that was it's Shiny for a second, but that's odd for them to do that. I guess this confirms we're getting a gritty Pokemon generation for VI.

I'm on a 1080p monitor, and that second sprite looks awful compared to the original Black and White one.

PrHY1.png

I think the second sprite looks closer to the art. Then again, I'm on an OLED screen which tends to have garish colours if you're not careful.

The first one looks a tad oversaturated in comparison to the first piece of art.

Zeroth

If Garchomp's shiny form wasn't so ridiculous I would say Arcanine has the worst shiny sprite ever. Poor guy never catches a break.

Top Bottom