• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Umm I guess I may ask at this point but what is this RNG (Random Number Generator?) method everybody speaks of? :eek: And having just started with White 2 what is this, the player-character doesn't have their own room in the second floor?! That's madness! D:

TrueBlue

Reading through Pokemon Adventures for nostalgia. The translations are pretty much how I remember, except for switching the names of Blue and Green, which is real fuckin' confusing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gonna ask here since B2W2 thread is kinda dead:

Are you able to trade Unova Link keys online or does it have to be via WiFi like with someone right next to you? I have the Regice and White Forest Keys, anyone with Black want to trade their keys if so? I don't know how any of this works and can't find any good Unova Link explanations online :(

Frost_Ace

Gonna ask here since B2W2 thread is kinda dead:

Are you able to trade Unova Link keys online or does it have to be via WiFi like with someone right next to you? I have the Regice and White Forest Keys, anyone with Black want to trade their keys if so? I don't know how any of this works and can't find any good Unova Link explanations online :(

It can be done only via wireless i.e with someone next to you :(

Ok I understand kinda of what this is, but what are the controlling factors. Or how do I learn this?

I reccomend starting to do it in BW1 using this guide: http://blazingblyde.tumblr.com/post/4545145693/blyde-rng-guide

Portugeezer

With the Pokemon X and Y announcement, I got some Pokemon cravings so I finally decided to get Pokemon Black 2.

I heard people play in weird ways to add challenge to the game, what are some of these? I am thinking about making the game more challenging.

With the Pokemon X and Y announcement, I got some Pokemon cravings so I finally decided to get Pokemon Black 2.

I heard people play in weird ways to add challenge to the game, what are some of these? I am thinking about making the game more challenging.

"Nuzlocke" runs are the most popular.

It can be done only via wireless i.e with someone next to you :(

I reccomend starting to do it in BW1 using this guide: http://blazingblyde.tumblr.com/post/4545145693/blyde-rng-guide

Whoa okay... I think I personally would rather keep on soft-resetting instead of doing this :/ I mean I understand how it works and it doesn't even seem to be hard to pull off just incredibly tedious :( I'm in awe though that some people even analyzed and mastered that RNG algorithm, that's really a fantastic and interesting achievement :D

Andrefpvs

Guys, does anyone have a spare Tepig they can give me so I can "see" every Unova Pokémon in White 2? That's the only one I'm missing :(

I don't really have anything significant to give in return, I can breed almost anything in the new Unova Pokédex though.

Please let me know if anyone is available for trading -- thanks!

Guys, does anyone have a spare Tepig they can give me so I can "see" every Unova Pokémon in White 2? That's the only one I'm missing :(

I don't really have anything significant to give in return, I can breed almost anything in the new Unova Pokédex though.

Please let me know if anyone is available for trading -- thanks!

I can give you one.

My friend code is 4213 1795 5994.

Andrefpvs

Thanks for taking your time with me, Ike! That was quick and easy :)

PS: I wrote you mail
icon_redface.gif

Ondore

Grats, did you catch most of them yourself or did you trade for a lot? I think I'm going to have to invest in some of the older games or something... I'm not ready at all...

Most of them were caught on my own (Hidden Hollows can bite my shiny metal ass, for the record). There was about 100 I had to bring him from various other games, though.

injurai

Banned
Most of them were caught on my own (Hidden Hollows can bite my shiny metal ass, for the record). There was about 100 I had to bring him from various other games, though.

I love these games but I have a lot of work ahead of me. I don't think I've completed a pokedex since Gen1. Came close in Ruby though.

illadelph

/phew
Ready to go for XY now.

Respect.

I want to do this, but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. I have Pearl and White 1, if I get HG/SS, will I be able to pretty much get everything (other than event pokes) with minor trading for version exclusives and evolutions? How would everyone go about catching em all?

I did catch em all once. The thing is there were only 151 back then...shit just seems crazy now.

btkadams

hey guys, i'm on my neverending quest to complete my pokedex. does anybody have an extra keldeo that they would be willing to part with? i have some extra legendaries as well and i would be willing to trade them (i figure 1 to 1 or 2).

these are what i have to trade:
Zekrom
Mewtwo x2
Raikou
Entei x2
Genesect

anyone want to help? thanks in advance!

MikeMyers

White 2: Should I use Ice Punch or Crunch on my Lucario?

For the record, rest of my team is: Gyarados, Roserade, Scizor, Gengar, & Garchomp.

I just had my first experience with Pokémon Global Link and the Dream World and frankly I have to say I'm a bit blown away o.o Sure global stats-tracking and flash-minigames aren't anything new but the presentation is very well done and all the data you can access is really impressive! :D I have no idea why I never bothered with it when I played Pokémon White 1 but I can definitely see me using that alot with the second game. And have I understood that right that I might be able to encounter Pokémon I normally can't catch in the Dream World and then can send them to my actual game?

I just had my first experience with Pokémon Global Link and the Dream World and frankly I have to say I'm a bit blown away o.o Sure global stats-tracking and flash-minigames aren't anything new but the presentation is very well done and all the data you can access is really impressive! :D I have no idea why I never bothered with it when I played Pokémon White 1 but I can definitely see me using that alot with the second game. And have I understood that right that I might be able to encounter Pokémon I normally can't catch in the Dream World and then can send them to my actual game?
Yeah - Each Pokemon has an ability that they can only get from the Dream World, and if you catch them there, you can send 'em over - there are quite a few out now, and the abilities are breedable (if you get a female with the ability). They vary in usefulness, and certain combos are more desired than others (like Multiscale Dragonite, for example).

Top Bottom