• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Ah that makes sense, thank you! I wondered if my A+B mashing habit from my childhood days finally had a effect :p And I finally beat the Elite Four and N and everyone soo let me ask do I still get alot from the post-game or can I move on to White 2?

I'm trying to remember everything important in the post-game. There's a battle with Cynthia and the PokéTransfer Lab. Going after Thundurus might be worth it if you haven't already, and Kyurem is available. And you can hunt down the remaining leaders of Team Plasma. That's fun to see.

I'm trying to remember everything important in the post-game. There's a battle with Cynthia and the PokéTransfer Lab. Going after Thundurus might be worth it if you haven't already, and Kyurem is available. And you can hunt down the remaining leaders of Team Plasma. That's fun to see.

Hmm okay sounds like I won't have the game properly completed without doing this so I guess I still have a bit of work to do, thanks again :D And holy is Zekrom strong... I wanted to go to the White Forest and talked to the trainer at the end of the bridge that wants to fight, I thought "What can possibly go wr... her Pokémon are 65?! O.O" And my 52 Zekrom eradicated all three of her Pokémon without losing a single HP :eek:

Also that Route 15 music is just beautiful...

Who wants the Regigigas I caught years ago in Diamond Version?

I just caught the Regigigas in Black 2 with the fourth (4th) -normal- Pokéball I threw! Like a boss. I used Regirock to battle him. Lock On + Zap Cannon for paralysis and Charge Beam to get Regigigas down to red HP. Too easy.

I get the feeling that, even if Machamp could pull those two arms to the keys, he'd probably injure them and start playing sloppy with 'em. That defeats the entire purpose of playing keys.

I just caught the Regigigas in Black 2 with the fourth (4th) -normal- Pokéball I threw! Like a boss. I used Regirock to battle him. Lock On + Zap Cannon for paralysis and Charge Beam to get Regigigas down to red HP. Too easy.

Well I don't want it but congratz! :D

And I just now realized why I never bothered with all this Pokémon transferring between generations... when I was about 14 my GBA SP got stolen at a train-station and all these years I believed it was my Emerald Version that got stolen with it though now when I looked through my old GBA case I noticed my Emerald version is still there and Sapphire was the one that got stolen :( I looked forward to transfer my old Latias and my Emerald version is only at 5 badges, I remember I lost the drive to play Pokémon with my Sapphire version gone... now I'm contemplating on forcing myself to finish Emerald so I have the missing link again because I still do have Gold and Silver too :/

Though I guess since I don't have a DS Lite or a GBA SP anymore finishing it on my no-backlight GBA will be a pain...

Stage On

Ah that makes sense, thank you! I wondered if my A+B mashing habit from my childhood days finally had a effect :p And I finally beat the Elite Four and N and everyone soo let me ask do I still get alot from the post-game or can I move on to White 2?

You should at least find the sages first before going onto white 2 since it's plot related and won't take long

Zeroth

Premier Balls, that's where the fun is. But congrats

Keyouta

I agree with you guys, Game Freak should make some more original IPs, they've only had two in the last 10 years, right? Drill Dozer and now Harmoknight. Drill Dozer was very good, and Harmoknight looks really good from what I've seen. I need more, damnit!

You should at least find the sages first before going onto white 2 since it's plot related and won't take long

Okay thank you I'm onto it! :D

I always use Poké Balls for everything nowadays. I've never been a big fan of the Premier Balls.

Speaking of which, Gen VI should let us change what type of balls the Pokémon we catch are stored in.

Whoa great idea that would be awesome!

UltimateIke look what I found ;)

Wow I'm stunned that's really beautiful great find :eek: Now I wish someone would make a drawing like this with a made-up Fennekin final evolution :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
From 8-4 Play's New Year's Cards page:

49nrd.jpg

holy shit at slowbro

And they said Turner is terrible because he produced Vanilluxe

Vullaby wears a skull to crap in and does so with sinister glee, shift yer blame elsewhere like maybe to Ferroseed which is just a seed with eyes.

Unless we're sticking with Turner's designs in which case Vanillite lacks the deliciousness of its evos.

PK Gaming

I always use Poké Balls for everything nowadays. I've never been a big fan of the Premier Balls.

Speaking of which, Gen VI should let us change what type of balls the Pokémon we catch are stored in.

I'd LOVE that, but I have a hunch they won't do that, for legality reasons at tournaments.

(IE: certain Pokemon with moves can only exist in certain Pokeballs)

Ainaurdur

The Community thread has had 228 unique posters.

The X/Y thread has had 1081.

We need to draw in a few of them. :<

It drew me in. I never really thought about my interest in Pokemon much since I had joined GAF.

Until now. Got back to playing SoulSilver. Excited about X.

And I just bought White for $22 shipped. Should arrive middle of next week. :)

Busaiku

It was really hard trying to catch those Musketeers with Pokeballs.
They were running out of moves, so I was afraid they were gonna kill themselves, so I threw out those Ultra Balls.

Stage On

They were running out of moves, so I was afraid they were gonna kill themselves, so I threw out those Ultra Balls.

Legendary pokemon are generally hard enough to catch as is, why would you deliberately make it harder on yourself to get them?

Teknoman

Cant believe I just snagged it with my last great ball.

EDIT: And its Sassy. Glad I didnt save.

It drew me in. I never really thought about my interest in Pokemon much since I had joined GAF.

Until now. Got back to playing SoulSilver. Excited about X.

And I just bought White for $22 shipped. Should arrive middle of next week. :)

If you insist

:3

Legendary pokemon are generally hard enough to catch as is, why would you deliberately make it harder on yourself to get them?

I caught every legendary in Black 2 with a normal Pokéball. Maybe I am the luckiest person around, but none of them (save Terrakion) took more than about a dozen throws.

I do it because I don't really like the way the special balls look. I used to use Timer or Dusk Balls, but I don't even bother with them anymore.

Cause all the other balls look ugly.

Exactly.

Can I just say that it really irks me when people suggest that removing a bunch of Pokémon to bring the total number down would improve the series? Because it really, really does.

Can I just say that it really irks me when people suggest that removing a bunch of Pokémon to bring the total number down would improve the series? Because it really, really does.

We should start with Arcanine and Scrafty.

Nobody would mind if those two were gone.

Bam! Just like that, we're down to 647 total Pokémon! The series is better already.

Top Bottom