• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Oh please, it painted the picture that apparently evolving Pokemon with stones is "against their will" or some bullshit. I really hated that and it's just an excuse to have mascot characters be mascot characters.

I thought it was more about Pikachu wanting to prove himself without having to take a shortcut.

Unicorn

Also help me fill out my trick room team

1. Reuniclus (trick roomer)
2. Machamp
3. Eelektross
4. Vaporeon
5. ???
6. ???

Hey! I'm making a TR team currently too!

1 Kecleon - TR
2 Chimecho -TR (Need someone to give me Chingling or Chimecho!)
3 Vaporeon
4 Scizor (Need someone to give me a scyther!)
5 Magnezone
6 Absol (need an Absol!)

in SoulSilver though.

You should have Gengar on your team because he is amazing and Poison/Ghost which is equally amazing.

*starts to wonder who did Can't Stop (Catchin' 'Em All)*

It's so catchy, but... I FORGOT SOMETHING about the song. (Also, if you would be kind enough to link to TV Tropes too)

Qurupeke

I just realized something mindblowing.

Metapod is shaped like a Carnot Cycle.

400px-Carnot_cycle_p-V_diagram.svg.png

MikeMyers

The two Lt. Surge battles and the debate to evolve Pikachu are top notch moments in the anime. One of my favorite episodes.

I rewatched the gym battles of Kanto - Hoenn last year, and I think Kanto's holds up really well. The only one I didn't like was Koga, it felt more like a filler episode than a gym battle.

Unicorn

25mimejr_nimic_by_k26-d5sqw01.png

Hipster Jr.!
Mime Jr. I probably my favorite baby pokemon, up there with Cleffa
KuGsj.gif

So, no one has Absol, Chingling/Chimecho, or Scyther for a lowly SS player?

Unicorn

Join the rest of us in the world of Gen V, and I'll trade you almost anything you want.

I'm so scared though! Plus I'm at the gates of the Elite 4 with only a handful of level 45's.

I'm also still lamenting the dropped Pokewalker support as well as pokemon following you. Pokewalker helped me get active for a long while (now it sits on my boxfan while I try to grind to find flying pikachu [have a surfing one already]). Plus the attention to detail put into how pokemon "respond" to you when following you was astonishing. Having my Starmie (one of my favorite pokemon ever) gazing at the starry sky only solidified the alluded past of the star-flung, radio-transmitting, color-cycling-center creature.

Stage On

I rewatched the gym battles of Kanto - Hoenn last year, and I think Kanto's holds up really well. The only one I didn't like was Koga, it felt more like a filler episode than a gym battle.

I don't know. To me many of the Kanto gym battles feel bad because of how inconclusive they where. It really didn't feel like Ash earned his badges.

Nohar

I just finished doing some exchanges with a friend... When suddenly, I spot the icon of the Masterball on one of the Pokemon she wanted to trade with me... She captured an Heatmor with the Master ball. Cue me asking her why in the seven hells she wasted her Master ball on it. Her response ? It was her last pokeball.

She's stuck at the league, with no money at all (around 2k). Sure, it's her first Pokemon game, but gosh... I'm gonna trade her some gold nuggets tomorrow ;_;

@Unicorn: Well, SS and HG were two fantastic remakes (arguably superior to the originals, which were great games on their own). They put a lot of attention to details in this one, like the following pokemon. If you liked SS, you are certain to like Black/White, which offer nice changes. You won't have the pokewalker, but there is the Dream World now (which is nice, but a little tedious after a while).

I'm so scared though! Plus I'm at the gates of the Elite 4 with only a handful of level 45's.

I'm also still lamenting the dropped Pokewalker support as well as pokemon following you. Pokewalker helped me get active for a long while (now it sits on my boxfan while I try to grind to find flying pikachu [have a surfing one already]). Plus the attention to detail put into how pokemon "respond" to you when following you was astonishing. Having my Starmie (one of my favorite pokemon ever) gazing at the starry sky only solidified the alluded past of the star-flung, radio-transmitting, color-cycling-center creature.

You'll just have to grind a little and get your levels up! Even if you lose to the Elite 4, you'll keep the experience from the ones you beat!

I like that Arcanine would get mad at me if I had him out in the rain or made him walk through puddles. :3

Also, neither Flying Pikachu nor Surfing Pikachu can be transferred to Gen V. You have to delete any HM moves. Makes me sad. :(

I don't know. To me many of the Kanto gym battles feel bad because of how inconclusive they where. It really didn't feel like Ash earned his badges.

He earned the Thunder Badge though! No doubt.

Unicorn

I hate the limit on access though. MAJOR turnoff. Also, I like probably 10 individual pokemon out of all the new ones, but Jellicent is absolutely great!

But yeah, the main draw for me is the hidden abilities, which are a grind.

The Heart and Soul (heh) poured into HG/SS is the main reason I'm still playing them.
KuGsj.gif
plus a plethora of other reasons.

I'm kind of excited to skip out on B/W and skip straight to X/Y. Though, i'll probably have to use B/W as an intermediary to trade my babies up to X/Y. I looked through my PC Box last night and some of my pokemone I've had for 7 years, thanks to LeafGreen (lost my Sapphire, otherwise there would be older pokemon there).
You'll just have to grind a little and get your levels up! Even if you lose to the Elite 4, you'll keep the experience from the ones you beat!

I like that Arcanine would get mad at me if I had him out in the ran or made him walk through puddles. :3

Also, neither Flying Pikachu nor Surfing Pikachu can be transferred to Gen V. You have to delete any HM moves. Makes me sad. :(

That is some garbador right there.

Refyref

@Unicorn: Well, SS and HG were two fantastic remakes (arguably superior to the originals, which were great games on their own). They put a lot of attention to details in this one, like the following pokemon. If you liked SS, you are certain to like Black/White, which offer nice changes. You won't have the pokewalker, but there is the Dream World now (which is nice, but a little tedious after a while).

The Dream World gets tedious real fast, but it if you want a certain thing from it, it's easy to keep going. Actually, the Pokewalker got tedious too, but after a much longer time. I remember all that time trying to get surfing/flying Pikachus... Wait, do I still have a Pokemon on there? I forgot. :p
And hi there all, I haven't posted here yet. Very big Pokemon thread on the front gaming page kept me busy.

backlot

At least with Pokewalker you didn't really have to do anything. It could take a while but all you had to do was take it with you and walk around. With Dream World you have to log in and play terrible flash games every day.

ffdgh

If you search hard enough, Theres a certain downlodable program online somewhere that does all the searching and crappy minigames with 10+ pages of pokemon results usually in about 3-5 mins.

MikeMyers

Eh he beat Brock (I actually thought the Water Sprinklers idea was innovative on the writer's behalf), Lt. Surge, Koga, and Blaine in fights.

Misty wasn't a conclusive fight, but I think they mostly did that because she was a main supporting character at the time.

Erika I agree was too inconclusive.

Sabrina this seems controversial opinion but I liked it. Beating the Psychic gym in a more mind over matter type battle.

Giovanni...I don't think Ash faced him? I dont know I havent seen Ash vs TR episode in so long.

Stage On

Heh no coincidence that was the best gym battle of the lot.

Eh he beat Brock (I actually thought the Water Sprinklers idea was innovative on the writer's behalf), Lt. Surge, Koga, and Blaine in fights.

Misty wasn't a conclusive fight, but I think they mostly did that because she was a main supporting character at the time.

Erika I agree was too inconclusive.

Sabrina this seems controversial opinion but I liked it. Beating the Psychic gym in a more mind over matter type battle.

Giovanni...I don't think Ash faced him? I dont know I havent seen Ash vs TR episode in so long.

Yeah he did more or less beat Brock, it's not like taking advantage of the enviroment is against the rules after all and Ash does that alot.

But Koga was such a push over it felt disappointing and with Sabrina technically Ash never caught Haunter so he didn't really earn her badge either. And beating up Team rocket for his last badge was ultra lame.

So we had 2 really good gym battles out of 8. Pretty weak over all.

MikeMyers

Well I like Ash vs Brock, Surge, Sabrina, Blaine. So about half of them are good.

The Johto battles were really fun, my favourite was the Clair battle.

I watched the Hoenn battles last year but can barely remember them now, so its safe to say it didn't really leave an impression on me.

Unicorn

Turns out I had all the pokemon I need in Pearl. May as well 'Dex some old legendaries while I'm trading with myself.
KuGsj.gif

I really need to set aside some time in my life to poop-sock getting every kind of nature Ditto...

I really should be doing homework right now...

balddemon

Banned
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/025/1/4/25mimejr_nimic_by_k26-d5sqw01.png[IMG]
Hipster Jr.
Mime Jr. I probably my favorite baby pokemon, up there with Cleffa [img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif[img]

So, no one has Absol, Chingling/Chimecho, or Scyther for a lowly SS player?[/QUOTE]

I can get you one tomorrow perhaps. May or may not be the most legit Pokemon you've ever had, but it will come from Soul Silver and be legal :P

PK Gaming

nah my grudge is directed towards humans in general for not appreciating zoroark z_z

nice picture btw, i hope zoroark ends up in smash

(fingers crossed)

balddemon

Banned
goddamit u guys y do i play pokemon i'll never get laid again doing that shit unless i find a fello wpokemaster

ots ok plkmermon is the histz

QP3

Hello Pokegaf. I am playing Black 2 and thought of a question...Are the Japanese names for the pokemon as 'punny' as they are in english? (e.g. Maractus looks like a cactus, etc.)

Top Bottom