• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Aggrotek

Can't find a better cute Drapion than the one posted above, but here, have some cool ones I just found:

Man I really love Drapion. Wish I could find the perfect avatar material. These 2 come close, but I really wish that k26 dude on DA would make a Drapion.

This also solidifies even more that I need to start on my Poison team (my favorite type of pokemon).

Gengar and Drapion are probably the coolest poison pokemon.

Poison is my favorite type too! Drapion is one of my favorites.

Back in college a friend of mine started a website where 8 of us ran competitive gyms and I was the poison gym.

I used:

Drapion
Gengar
Roserade
Nidoking
Weezing
Toxicroak

zychi

Banned
i'm looking into picking up black 2 again, is there any place (like a safari zone or something) where I can catch older gen pokemon? specifically bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle and pikachu? i know you can move your pokemon from one gen to another with something in-game that comes later on. my google-fu is failing me today.

Refyref

I wouldn't put Drapion as one of my favorites, but he's certainly cool.

Yea I had issues with the audio, hopefully it'll be better this time around. In honor of your input I shall choose your name! :3

I should have this one uploaded in a few hours.

Plus I have an exciting discussion video that will be out this weekend too. :)

You picked my awful name! Yay!
If you actually want to blame something for it, it's all because of that Punch-Out!! thread that was in Gaming last week. :p

i'm looking into picking up black 2 again, is there any place (like a safari zone or something) where I can catch older gen pokemon? specifically bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle and pikachu? i know you can move your pokemon from one gen to another with something in-game that comes later on. my google-fu is failing me today.

You have never been able to catch starters in the wild, and I doubt that you will ever be able to. Sorry :(

There are TONS of old Pokémon in BW2, though, just not those specific ones.

I am using audacity to record my voice, and because my computer is so ancient I have to record the game audio and video from within VBA. :(

I want to use something better but my computer wont support it. I use Vegas 9 to put it all together.

If I'm not wrong, you should be able to use Audacity itself to mix the audio first. Just remember to normalize/amplify any audio that seems to be too quiet. Don't worry about clipping too much - the best thing to check whether there are any clipping is using your ears.

After mixing the audio to where you see it fit, then you can put them all together in Vegas.

Aggrotek

I can trade you one of each of those if you want. :) I have the dex completed and have extras.

If I'm not wrong, you should be able to use Audacity itself to mix the audio first. Just remember to normalize/amplify any audio that seems to be too quiet. Don't worry about clipping too much - the best thing to check whether there are any clipping is using your ears.

After mixing the audio to where you see it fit, then you can put them all together in Vegas.

Well, we will see how this episode turns out in terms of volume. I should get better at this as time progresses.

Well, we will see how this episode turns out in terms of volume. I should get better at this as time progresses.

Indeed. If all else fails, use some sort of Replay Gain audio processor (there's a bunch of software around that do exactly that, MP3Gain being one of them) and track gain to 89 dB (minimal clipping, but quiet) or 97 dB (as loud as it can get without obvious clipping) for all audio tracks in use, then mix.

Aggrotek

Indeed. If all else fails, use some sort of Replay Gain audio processor (there's a bunch of software around that do exactly that, MP3Gain being one of them) and track gain to 89 dB (minimal clipping, but quiet) or 97 dB (as loud as it can get without obvious clipping) for all audio tracks in use, then mix.

You are speaking a language I am not fluent in...

In other news:

Episode 2 is out. :)

Aslo from here on out my videos should be closer to 20-30 minutes. :)

Unicorn

Poison is my favorite type too! Drapion is one of my favorites.

Back in college a friend of mine started a website where 8 of us ran competitive gyms and I was the poison gym.

I used:

Drapion
Gengar
Roserade
Nidoking
Weezing
Toxicroak
I think mine would be:
Drapion
Gengar
Tentacruel
Scollipede
Crobat
Venusaur

Currently training a Nidoking though. Gotta breed that mega horn to absol haha

Man, ice would tear my team apart :(

zychi

Banned
I can trade you one of each of those if you want. :) I have the dex completed and have extras.

that would be awesome! i mainly just want squirtle and a mew if possible? i'll pm you when i get the game and am capable of trading. thanks!

Aggrotek

I think mine would be:
Drapion
Gengar
Tentacruel
Scollipede
Crobat
Venusaur

Currently training a Nidoking though. Gotta breed that mega horn to absol haha

Man, ice would tear my team apart :(
This was before Gen 5 existed.

that would be awesome! i mainly just want squirtle and a mew if possible? i'll pm you when i get the game and am capable of trading. thanks!
I don't have a mew. :(

Santiako

tumblr_mhlrd0nTLe1r88u00o1_500.jpg

Stage On

I don't mind it being a gamestop event since they've been having those in Canada as well for a while now. It's not as convient as wi-fi but at least my country isn't being excluded anymore either.

Stage On

it's good to be out of the dark ages!

Tell me about it, I remember when Toys r us announced the Mew distribution back for Emerald and I spent so much time getting my game ready so that I could do the transfer only to find it was US only. Those days sucked

Unicorn

Tell me about it, I remember when Toys r us announced the Mew distribution back for Emerald and I spent so much time getting my game ready so that I could do the transfer only to find it was US only. Those days sucked

Yeah, in those days didn't you have to have your trainer card have a certain keyphrased picked out in order to do it?

Well, guess that's it for this week again.

hmm... actually, I wonder if they'll even do something on Smash before CC after all? Nevertheless, around 1.5 weeks left.

Stage On

Yeah, in those days didn't you have to have your trainer card have a certain keyphrased picked out in order to do it?

I'm not sure, I do remember I had to have the national pokedex first before I could get Mew so I had to clear the game in a very short amount of time, which was all for nothing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Some guy's been cosplaying as Eeveelutions each week on Smash, two at a time, and he's set to appear on the episode on the 17th...which, according to the pattern, won't have any pre-existing Eeveelutions left.

So, yeah, but that's after CoroCoro...but the episode on the 11th might have a silhouette, and then CoroCoro will leak like the next day lol.

Nope. Dragon. The pattern of the Eevee evolutions being the types that were originally Special must be preserved (especially since that's how I remember which types are which in the first three generations... >.>)!

Andrefpvs

Yup, more and more likely that there will be a new Eevee evolution.

I wonder if they'll keep the trend of even-numbered generations possessing lots of new additions to already existing evolutionary lines.

If that's the case I still want lots of new Pokémon, though.

Unicorn

Poison Eevee Poison Eevee Poison Eevee Poison Eevee Poison Eevee Poison Eevee Poison Eevee Poison Eevee

Oh man. Is there some fanart?

I'm thinking Acid Armor Vaporeon.

I think this brings up a really cool idea for customizing pokemon (especially now that they are going into the 3D realm). To have the 4 moves a pokemon knows affect what their physical attributes are, such as Scyther with Fury Cutter could have shinier blade arms or they animate faster or something. Infernape with Fire punch could have flames bursting brighter or perhaps a different color flame from his hands/wrists.

Watch Da Birdie

Eeveelutions are such a bore, though.

I'd prefer a Poison though since Poison (or Fighting, my favorite type) needs some more Pokemon, and I could see them making it a little odder and uglier (I mean that in a good way, ugly Pokemon rock) than the usual Eeveelution.

Who knows, maybe we'll get two?

Unicorn

They usually come in pairs, so w/e.

I do hope there is an even gen trend of adding evo's because there's still quite a few that need them. One of the reasons I loved gen4 so much
KuGsj.gif

Watch Da Birdie

They usually come in pairs, so w/e.

I do hope there is an even gen trend of adding evo's because there's still quite a few that need them. One of the reasons I loved gen4 so much
KuGsj.gif

A lot of people bash them, but I love most of the Gen 4 evolutions...Magmortar, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Mamoswine, Yanmega, Gliscore, Probopass.

It's kind of weird they're despised, because most of them are perfectly reasonable expansions of their previous forms. It's a shame so many people hate on Probopass especially because it's a clever expansion on its Nosepass' idea. The mustache made of iron fillings, the hat which is based off real-world Easter Island statues, and the fact that the Mini-Noses makes Probopass resemble a compass when seen from above. I'm not going to lie, Probopass is genius.

Top Bottom