• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

Yah the Dream radar was pretty lame overall, but I guess that's what you get when you're only paying $3...

Now if only the Pokedex pro was priced to match. $5 would have been fine but $15 is absolutely ridiculous for how little it does.

You know... it's a shame this epic battle theme never made it into the video games, because it's incredible.

Fun fact: It is an instrumental/orchestral version of the third Pokemon opening in the Japanese anime.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
68fa5520d4b89f41d92ecwtui8.jpg

Boss Doggie

The only characters worth mentioning were Simon and Kittan, and the anime was subpar. :p

Also still no chespinating avatars? :(

The only characters worth mentioning were Simon and Kittan, and the anime was subpar. :p

You're selling Kamina and Viral too short. Without them, the first and second halves respectively would not have happened. Plus, Kyle Hebert and Sam Riegel's voices are awesome.

Boss Doggie

You're selling Kamina and Viral too short. Without them, the first and second halves respectively would not have happened. Plus, Kyle Hebert and Sam Riegel's voices are awesome.

One is a smelly monkey with "look at me I am cool" attitude and the other is... a bland character.

Aggrotek

Oh god its starting....

I had a dream that I was invited to a board meeting to discuss Gen 6. The evolution lines were maxed out at 4 stages and the max level was increased to 200. There were 3 branches of the Sableye line all different types like Water, Grass, and Fire....

Its too early to be dreaming of this shit already...

Oh god its starting....

I had a dream that I was invited to a board meeting to discuss Gen 6. The evolution lines were maxed out at 4 stages and the max level was increased to 200. There were 3 branches of the Sableye line all different types like Water, Grass, and Fire....

Speaking of dreaming, I keep having a dream of a Pokemon game that centres on Zorua and Zorua only, that plays more like a traditional JRPG than any Pokemon game. Comes complete with a story, even, and a timed turn-based battle system, where speed and priority work very differently from the original games.

zroid

Banned
OH shit. I just remembered a dream I had either last night or two nights ago about X&Y news. :\

I think 4 new Pokemon were revealed. Or possibly 6. ;_;

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh god its starting....

I had one last night too, with the official Movie website updating with new Pokemon.

The co-star was a giant, purple tank thing that was nearly impossible to get it to come out of its Pokeball, and was so powerful only one GameFreak developer could defeat it in battle.

Then there was a cute pocket knife Pokemon which hated technology and randomly attacked computers.

zroid

Banned
Oh god its starting....

Speaking of dreaming, I keep having a dream of a Pokemon game that centres on Zorua and Zorua only, that plays more like a traditional JRPG than any Pokemon game. Comes complete with a story, even, and a timed turn-based battle system, where speed and priority work very differently from the original games.

OH shit. I just remembered a dream I had either last night or two nights ago about X&Y news. :\

I think 4 new Pokemon were revealed. Or possibly 6. ;_;

I had one last night too, with the official Movie website updating with new Pokemon.

The co-star was a giant, purple tank thing that was nearly impossible to get it to come out of its Pokeball, and was so powerful only one GameFreak developer could defeat it in battle.

Then there was a cute pocket knife Pokemon which hated technology and randomly attacked computers.

we're all pathetic, but at least we can be pathetic together

j98vkiV0rwWGP.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The embarrassing thing about posting dreams is that you're always worried people will think you're lying to fit in. :p

Refyref

we're all pathetic, but at least we can be pathetic together

j98vkiV0rwWGP.jpg

Wait, dreaming about videogames and videogame news is pathetic?

Add me to that list too, then. When I'll be able to sleep again, that is.

EDIT: Also, I want them! :3

The embarrassing thing about posting dreams is that you're always worried people will think you're lying to fit in. :p

Well, dreams can be weird. I've had much weirder dreams to not believe this stuff. :p

Beat Crystal a few weeks ago with probably the weakest team I've ever attempted to beat the game with.

49.gif
44.gif
124.gif
171.gif
185.gif

After Elite 4, I added one more to the team.

198.gif

LeleSocho

Banned
Terrible character on a subpar anime :p

One is a smelly monkey with "look at me I am cool" attitude and the other is... a bland character.

TTGL is good
but overrated

If you guys wanted to die so badly by my hand giving me a call was enough.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Beat Crystal a few weeks ago with probably the weakest team I've ever attempted to beat the game with.

49.gif
44.gif
124.gif
171.gif
185.gif

After Elite 4, I added one more to the team.

198.gif

Come on man, Lanturn is good (for a play through that is). It's basically a slower, bulkier Starmie in that it gets surf, tbolt and ice beam.

Come on man, Lanturn is good (for a play through that is). It's basically a slower, bulkier Starmie in that it gets surf, tbolt and ice beam.

He probably was one of the better ones on the team, but he just like almost everyone I use can't take too many big hits. Lanturn can survive with Thunder Wave though. Problem with the G/S/C era is you basically have to have an electric type and there just are not very many, especially really terrible ones.

In Johto you have, what? Ampharos, Electrode, Magneton, Jolteon, Raikou, and Lanturn. I would say Lanturn is by far the worst of that group. I've tried doing ply throughs with normal types acting as my electric and it's a fucking pain. I think I've attempted Persian and Lickitung as my main electric types and nine times out of ten then end up taken out even from water types.

Refyref

Hey guys!

Episode 3 of Treecks & Geeks is live!

Check it out. Or don't. The episodes are longer now though so more happens now!

This episode was actually very good, better than the previous two. I made a few notes during on random stuff to say.
Slagathor the Trogdor! :p
Slagathor fled using RUN AWAY! Don't you love the old ALL CAPS IN NAMES AND EVERYTHING IMPORTANT? I don't.
SPLASH vs HARDEN! THE MATCH OF THE CENTURY!
Too bad you can't do trade evolutions in this run, even if it's because of the emulator rather than the rules. You could have gotten a free Pokemon!
My rule - always buy balls in 10s.
That's called a KO in 1 hit. Blame Stadium. :p

Unicorn

Farfetch'd can't get an evolution. That would ruin the joke.

I really don't understand this line of logic.

why can't his evolve form just be another joke, if that's the case? Him having an evolution does nothing to affect the purpose of the base form. People just want him to be viable, and he would make a great candidate for flying/fighting. I don't understand why some people seem so adamant against the idea of having his base form being a referential joke and his evolved form having some competitive viability.

Top Bottom