• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Well, that was Best Wishes's best gym battle of the series.

Man, the anime got Brycen absolutely right.

On a Japanese note, I like Kotetsu. Like Barry, but less annoying and with a far better roster; Riolu, Samurott and Ferrothorn FTW.

Kokonoe

Banned
AND I THOUGHT WE WERE BUDS :(

Seriously, this bastard Wattson is the sole reason I restarted and used Torchic over Treecko back in the day.

A Level 22 Aron with the Soft Sand item can't even 2HKO Magnemite.

I couldn't resist all of the Sonic Boom talk, it was just too tempting.

Kokonoe

Banned
So if I understand this correctly, Psystrike uses the Special Attack stat modifier, but counts as physical damage?

Don't worry I was just joking, when I saw that picture I LOL'd for a good amount of time.

But Wattson is not Guile, LT Surge is Guile.

Indeed.

MikeMyers

Treecko is the first Grass Starter that I don't like using. Then again, the game gave some awesome other Grass types to use (Breloom, Ludicolo, and my favourite - Cacturne), so I guess RSE makes up for it.

So if I understand this correctly, Psystrike uses the Special Attack stat modifier, but counts as physical damage?
Yeah, it runs off Mewtwo's Special Attack, but its the foe on their Physical Attack.

Psyshock also works like this, but with less base power.

Kokonoe

Banned
Treecko is the first Grass Starter that I don't like using. Then again, the game gave some awesome other Grass types to use (Breloom, Ludicolo, and my favourite - Cacturne), so I guess RSE makes up for it.

Yeah, it runs off Mewtwo's Special Attack, but its the foe on their Physical Attack.

Psyshock also works like this, but with less base power.
Thanks.
Kind of crazy that it took Mewtwo 5 generations to get a signature move.

To be honest, I never actually thought about Mewtwo not having an exclusive move until Psystrike. However when I saw it, I was pretty joyed to see Mewtwo having a new move to deal with stuff like Blissey.

MikeMyers

Hmm, there's Maukhita. Guess I'll catch that and grind it.

Thanks.

To be honest, I never actually thought about Mewtwo not having an exclusive move until Psystrike. However when I saw it, I was pretty joyed to see Mewtwo having a new move to deal with stuff like Blissey.

I miss when Gyarados used to have a signature move.

SPLASH!

Stage On

Hmm, there's Maukhita. Guess I'll catch that and grind it.

I miss when Gyarados used to have a signature move.

SPLASH!

10813275.jpg

Stage On

You know how their was a Giratina figure for preordering Platinum and Ho-oh and Lugia for Heart gold/Soul Silver?

Apparently theirs' also an Arceus Figure that was released as well and it's driving me crazy not to have a full set on my shelfs.

I wish they had done more figures as a pre order bonus for Black and White, then again only Gamestop had them and they are charging $5 more then retail.

Lol I feel bad for anyone buying their copy for $40

I hope by the time Gen 6 comes out the base price of 3ds games is down to $30. Paying $40 for handheld games sucks :(

Hey, at least it's not as bad as the prices that we get when everything is said and done. Egad. Every time I buy a game, it's freaking expensive unless it's downloadable.

Zeroth

Hey, at least it's not as bad as the prices that we get when everything is said and done. Egad. Every time I buy a game, it's freaking expensive unless it's downloadable.

Yup, I'm glad I managed to get Pokemon Black used from a friend for just $25. Everything else is pretty expensive here.

Zeroth

I FINALLY BEAT WATTSON.

Makuhita and Aron suck, Grovyle Bullet Seeded Magneton to death.

I never had any problem with Wattson, now that you mentioned it, even in the runs that I had Mudkip/Trecko. Not sure how though, I guess I just blitzed with high level pokemons.

PK Gaming

Wasn't aron bad? Water moves were everywhere, it leveled up slowly and aron's moves sucked. That didn't mean shit to me, as I always used it because Aggron is goddamn badass.

Zeroth

Aggron is definitely one of my favorite designs ever, I just loved the line.

Now I remember I once found a shiny Lairon at victory Road. Needless to say, Roar made its damage to my spirit :(

Wasn't aron bad? Water moves were everywhere, it leveled up slowly and aron's moves sucked. That didn't mean shit to me, as I always used it because Aggron is goddamn badass.

I've always liked that one poster that someone posted. So. Awesome. Made them all sound awesome. If only it had more moves.

Also, I don't care what others say, Haxorus is cool, scary, and cute at the same time. :p Mmm.

Top Bottom