• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I would like to see Game Freak do a HARD BREAK eventually, because that'd allow them to do a lot of change ups like new base stats, altered evolution levels, etc. I didn't mind RS' because, well, back then I didn't really train any Pokemon that much so I didn't have anything important to lose.

If they do a HARD BREAK, it doesn't have to exactly be like RS though...they can have all the old Pokemon available in the game, some post-E4, instead of distributing them among the main series, remakes, and Colosseum, although I did like catching them across games as it seemed less grindy-boring than spending hours catching them all in one game, and it made it a bit easier since each game had a smaller amount to focus on. RS is the ONLY game I've ever completed the Regional Dex in, lol.

Aggrotek

I really want Poison to be a better type. Ice too. The only way this will happen is with an overhaul to the Typing Chart. Which I doubt will happen.

Heropon

I would like to see Game Freak do a HARD BREAK eventually, because that'd allow them to do a lot of change ups like new base stats, altered evolution levels, etc. I didn't mind RS' because, well, back then I didn't really train any Pokemon that much so I didn't have anything important to lose.

All those things you want can be changed without a "hard break", it would be as easy as changing the moves a pokémon learns between games. If they don't do that is because they don't want, not because they can't.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Technically speaking the games since Gen 3 already alter the Pokemon "code" when transferring between gens, that's why you can't send them back. Learnsets, TMs, etc. are always changed each gen.

With that said, even with a hard reset, they didn't change the stat basis of Pokemon - that's why Flareon is still shit even with a hard reset.

I really want Poison to be a better type. Ice too. The only way this will happen is with an overhaul to the Typing Chart. Which I doubt will happen.

I'd like these things. Ice just needs to resist more things. Water and Dragon would be nice, although I don't know WHY it would resist dragon. They can come up with something.

Poison is beyond help. Weak to earthquake, good against nothing worth using. I'm not sure how you'd fix this one.

Aggrotek

I'd like these things. Ice just needs to resist more things. Water and Dragon would be nice, although I don't know WHY it would resist dragon. They can come up with something.

Poison is beyond help. Weak to earthquake, good against nothing worth using. I'm not sure how you'd fix this one.

Make it SE against both Fighting and Water.

Firestorm

ScraftyDevil, here's my battle video from Round 7 of the Oregon Regional last month. I thought you'd enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198opronkcE&list=PL25ZUglfWAKcu5kuYkNdHfsIB-7SB1Qlo&index=7

Technically speaking the games since Gen 3 already alter the Pokemon "code" when transferring between gens, that's why you can't send them back. Learnsets, TMs, etc. are always changed each gen.

With that said, even with a hard reset, they didn't change the stat basis of Pokemon - that's why Flareon is still shit even with a hard reset.
The changes between Gen 2 and 3 were a lot more impactful and at a much lower level than merely learnsets or TMs or even stats. And Flareon's issue isn't its stats -- which won't be changed anyway due to how they do Eeveelution stats -- but because its movepool doesn't take advantage of its stats.

balddemon

Banned
ScraftyDevil, here's my battle video from Round 7 of the Oregon Regional last month. I thought you'd enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198opronkcE&list=PL25ZUglfWAKcu5kuYkNdHfsIB-7SB1Qlo&index=7

The changes between Gen 2 and 3 were a lot more impactful and at a much lower level than merely learnsets or TMs or even stats. And Flareon's issue isn't its stats -- which won't be changed anyway due to how they do Eeveelution stats -- but because its movepool doesn't take advantage of its stats.

are you by any chance the same firestorm that used to play maplestory or browse merqurycity?

Firestorm

Yeah. I made a really stupid move on turn 1. He's a friend of mine and for some reason i didn't really think through that he had both Tyranitar and Chandelure out so would be going for the double target on Slowking. I thought he was going to trick room to reverse mine. Had no idea he was scarfed. If only I'd done my usual fake out + trick room instead of going for the massive prediction...

We were talking through the whole thing and being fairly loud and obnoxious. I lost it on that Trick :lol Shook his hand and signed the match results slip as we watched me lose.

balddemon

Banned
I don't believe I ever used that site but I was Firestorm on Maple Story yes! I played mostly during the beta. Wrote the Thief Guide and was a moderator on Sleepywood.

ah! do you remember jbxr? he's on gaf too as inertiaxr now. I was part of danketsu if you were connected to them at all. that such a long ass time ago, holy cow.

Firestorm

ah! do you remember jbxr? he's on gaf too as inertiaxr now. I was part of danketsu if you were connected to them at all. that such a long ass time ago, holy cow.
No I don't remember much about any guilds. Don't think the game had guild support when I played actually :( But yeah that was so long ago! Most of the time I played with my friends from school and friends I'd made on Neopets!

Aggrotek

Hey guys in case you missed it, I posted the newest episode of Treecks & Geeks.

Here is a link: Click me!

Bad things happen again.

What's with the stars when you send out Scrafty?

ffdgh

Hey guys in case you missed it, I posted the newest episode of Treecks & Geeks.

Here is a link: Click me!
Bad things happen again.

What's with the stars when you send out Scrafty?

Ahh that from bw2 in pokestar studios. When you get a special ending with one of your pokemon, they become a star and get that neat into. The only issue is that it can't be turned off lol.

Hey, PokeGAF.

Is it still Zorua time now?

http://salanchu.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Nasty-plot-316056552

UtGjUP8.png

entremet

Cuteness, what are you doing lol?

Pace yourself, bro with the threads lol. You're gonna get juniored at our pace.

Back on topic, why are some many competitive Pokemon Shiny? Aren't they like super rare? And shiny legendaries more so?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cuteness, what are you doing lol?

Pace yourself, bro with the threads lol. You're gonna get juniored at our pace.

Back on topic, why are some many competitive Pokemon Shiny? Aren't they like super rare? And shiny legendaries more so?

Yes and yes. The way I figure it is that if you are going to bother breeding for perfect IV's (or constantly resetting in the case of legendaries) you may as well make it shiny as well.

Yes and yes. The way I figure it is that if you are going to bother breeding for perfect IV's (or constantly resetting in the case of legendaries) you may as well make it shiny as well.

Isn't there a competitive advantage to it in regards to timed battles in tourneys or am I remembering wrong?

Top Bottom