• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Firestorm

Back on topic, why are some many competitive Pokemon Shiny? Aren't they like super rare? And shiny legendaries more so?
For some reason people usually RNG them shiny so unless you specifically request a non-shiny or they have one, chances are the Pokemon you get will be shiny from most breeders. I normally ask if they have a non-shiny version because I hate the look of most shinies. If they have one on hand though I'll usually take it before I don't want to be a bother. The Ferrothorn on my team is shiny for example because I got it from a friend who already had one he used on his team with the exact EV spread I would have wanted anyway.

I thought Scrafty was fairly popular and useful? I mean he seems almost custom made to take down a good chunk of the gen 5 elite 4 all on his own.
Scrafty is good. Dark typing helps against Metagross that carry Zen Headbutt as well as Cresselia. Only Pokemon aside from Hitmontop to be able to use Fake Out and Intimidate. Good lead. I've been liking him on my team a lot since I swapped out Hitmontop.

Aggrotek

Fuck that. So many shiny colors are hideous.

Lies.

609.png
329.png
330.png

635.png
355.png
196.png

34.png
227.png

ZenaxPure

Gonna be honest, Shiny Swellow is my favorite pokemon in the entire series, that teal color scheme! I was lucky enough to find one in emerald with a near max speed iv and speed increasing nature. People really underestimate him in online triple battles, I have had him wreck entire teams.

ffdgh

This is clearly the best shiny
445-f.png

Nah now really but here's my fave next to buizel...since I own it <3
570.gif

A shame they screwed up the colors when it evolves.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Shiny Rayquaza always cracks me up with the weird black-face going on. :/

But this is by far my favorite...
VZX8o6D.png

Glalie is just a bad-ass looking Pokemon all around.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's actually a floating Shin Getter head. And yeah, Pimpkrow is awesome.

So next month, we get more Sylveon info?

Stage On

I don't really think about shinies much myself since they are so incredibly rare my chances of getting one are pretty much non existent let alone one I'd actually want.

MikeMyers

Battled my White 1 vs White 2 team

White 1: Seperior, Lucario, Tyranitar, Chandelure, Gyarados, Salamence
White 2: Infernape, Gengar, Roserade, Excradrill, Gyarados, Hydregion

Cookie goes to whoever correctly guesses the victor!

Macka

I have four shinies I've bred myself:

6.png
24.png
160.png
310.png

All using the Masuda method. Currently trying to hatch a shiny Zorua, about 600 eggs in at this point. Here are some of my others faves. I tend to like blue shinies the best.

34.png
38.png
127.png
130.png
151.png
197.png
277.png
323.png
335.png

359.png
376.png
381.png
472.png
474.png
500.png
526.png
571.png
612.png
628.png

Nebula

I've had two shiny Pokemon.

286.png
020.png

Breloom is awesome anyway, but I felt incredibly unlucky finding a Raticate. It then proceeds to carry me through the Elite Four and beyond. I got the Breloom as a Shroomish on Emerald and the Raticate on Gold, I think.

Also can anyone tell me what is the furthest back I can go with the 3DS in terms of Pokemon games? I was considering buying a 3DS at some point, and was wondering if I would be able to play GBA/DS games.

My Shinys:

Spr_5b_087_s.png
Spr_5b_169_s.png
Spr_5b_479_s.png
Spr_5b_315_m_s.png
Spr_5b_110_s.png
Spr_5b_468_s.png
Spr_5b_026_m_s.png
Spr_5b_065_m_s.png
Spr_5b_134_s.png

All of them through random encounters. I haven't actually tried the Masuda method yet.

Also can anyone tell me what is the furthest back I can go with the 3DS in terms of Pokemon ganes? I was considering buying a 3DS at some point, and was wondering if I would be able to play GBA/DS games.

The 3DS can go as far back as Gen 4. It can't play any games at Gen 3 or below.

Also can anyone tell me what is the furthest back I can go with the 3DS in terms of Pokemon ganes? I was considering buying a 3DS at some point, and was wondering if I would be able to play GBA/DS games.
The ones you can play on 3DS are 4th gen and above. So:

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Black 2/White 2

I would recommend Platinum as the end point.

End point? I think it'd be wiser to just get B/W and B2/W2 at this point in time. Or just wait for XY
Well, no reason *not* to play past games if you explicitly wanted to IMO. It's a bit harder to work backwards if you wanted the full experience.

Ouch, just noticed the junior. Thread-related reasons?

Top Bottom