• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I always have battle animations off.

D/P was definitely too slow, but Platinum and HG/SS fixed that a bit, while not the fastest but it was good enough for me. I appreciate B/W's speed, even though I wasn't really impressed with the game itself though.

Even with animations off the combat still feels slow. It's also the UI in general - the text moves slower, the travel between UI is slow, etc.

Boss Doggie

I also love how you don't have to confirm save in Gen V.

Also, text flow in Gen V is very fast. Compare "Well then (Press A) Which move should be deleted?" from Gen IV to "Which move should be deleted?" from Gen V which appears really fast.

JoeM86

Anyone else sort of want a "hard break" between generations soon, like between Gen 2 and 3? It's sort of impossible to catch them all now, and a hard break would mean they have to give out all the event pokemon again.

If they were to do it, it'd have been at the Gen IV - V shift, due to how they were pegging it as a soft reboot.

However, Gen VI is more of an evolution, hence the new Pokémon related to old Pokémon

ffdgh

That's their problem. If hacked versions of black and white games can do it, Surely they can too if they tried. It's certainly than a reset lol.

JoeM86

That will never happen. They are too stuck on Japanese sociability and promoting movies and stuff.

Platinum had nearly all the Pokémon within it, barring past gen legends and starters, Trapinch + Evos, Clamperl + Evos, Murkrow + Honchkrow, Misdreavus + Mismagius, Glameow + Purugly & Stunky + Skuntank (Basically the DP exclusives)
That's their problem. If hacked versions of black and white games can do it, Surely they can too if they tried. It's certainly than a reset lol.

They do it to encourage trading. Pokémon is a very social game and the developers are all for making it even more social. This is part of why we'll never see a main game on a home console

entremet

Anyone else sort of want a "hard break" between generations soon, like between Gen 2 and 3? It's sort of impossible to catch them all now, and a hard break would mean they have to give out all the event pokemon again.
Would be nice for the event monsters. I missed most of them.

Firestorm

No, that's your problem. Their way is more profitable and fits the values of the series more. Both a reboot and putting all the Pokemon in one game would be a bad idea for them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of events, if reddit is to be believed Meloetta is coming next month. That's the last "impossible to get in Gen 5" event 'mon, right?

Slermy

Imagine if every gen pokemon ever is in X/Y? And it had all the regions + new one? Dream come true right there

That would be awesome, but I wouldn't bet on it. That being said, I'd totally be down for there being more than one set of gym leaders SuperiorSilver style.

ffdgh

No, that's your problem. Their way is more profitable and fits the values of the series more. Both a reboot and putting all the Pokemon in one game would be a bad idea for them.

Ok fair enough I'll give you that. I'd be ok if there more events atlease for some legends atlease.

Zeroth

Actually, I wouldn't mind a hard break, as long it was executed like in gen 3: You could catch 'em all, but you had to do it with multiple games. I know this process sounds troublesome, but I find it far more attractive than what the current model where we have a lot of pokemons per game (in fact, maybe a bit too much), and made completing the dex far more rewarding and fun, at least to me.

Stage On

Heck no. I went to too much trouble training my dudes to lose them now.

They'll re-run the event pokemon again anyhow for people that missed them. It's only a matter of time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'd sort of like one. It's just getting too insane to transfer everything over again and again. Plus it would give them the opportunity to re-balance all the pokemon. The Dragon/Fire Charizard we all deserve!

qq more

PRAISE NINTENDO

Nintendo are such geniuses when it comes to online!

REMEMBER HOW YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW FRIEND CODE FOR EACH GAME

REMEMBER HOW IF YOU CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT DS, YOU HAVE TO WIPE OUT YOUR FRIEND LIST ON THE PALPAD IN ORDER TO GO ONLINE

good god wtf were they thinking

Stage On

I'd sort of like one. It's just getting too insane to transfer everything over again and again. Plus it would give them the opportunity to re-balance all the pokemon. The Dragon/Fire Charizard we all deserve!

Just nerf stealth rock and Charizard will be beastly again with out needing to change his type

MikeMyers

Charizard is really good RBY in-game, and decent enough in FRLG in-game.

Competitively, even if SR is removed he'd still be outclassed by Moltres anyway. Oh and Ho-Oh would just become the most broken Pokemon ever.

Yeah a lot of older DS games only works with WEP for WiFi for some reason.
The original DS and DS lite support WEP (and unencrypted) Wi-Fi hotspots only. So pretty much every plain DS game that does online supports up to WEP only.

Past DSi, there was added support for WPA etc., and cartridges which are aware of the DSi/3DS (like BW/2) support the newer encryption standards. HGSS were probably in development before GF had a chance to add that functionality.

PRAISE NINTENDO

Nintendo are such geniuses when it comes to online!

REMEMBER HOW YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW FRIEND CODE FOR EACH GAME

REMEMBER HOW IF YOU CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT DS, YOU HAVE TO WIPE OUT YOUR FRIEND LIST ON THE PALPAD IN ORDER TO GO ONLINE

good god wtf were they thinking

It can't be helped with the case of WPA2, though - it's not exactly something that is common back then, what with it being very new.

qq more

Oh well atlease they're learning now....sorta.....kinda.

Wii U-wise (since this is their latest system) they need to fix the account issue. That is honestly the only real flaw that I'm really aware of with the system's online. Cross system voice chat would be nice too!

EDIT: 3DS-wise... it needs a lot of work.

JoeM86

The WEP issue cannot be fixed at all. On DS games, the internet protocols are all on the game cartridge, not the console

Wii U-wise (since this is their latest system) they need to fix the account issue. That is honestly the only real flaw that I'm really aware of with the system's online. Cross system voice chat would be nice too!

EDIT: 3DS-wise... it needs a lot of work.

Nothing wrong the the 3DS online. I actually prefer the unique friend code system to the ID of the Wii U. Some git stole Serebii from under me before I could get mine

JoeM86

Nothing came out important in Pokemon Smash right?

Of course not.

As usual, it just reiterated CoroCoro stuff. Pokémon Smash as an information source is primarily used to show information to kids who don't get CoroCoro or visit the official site.

We MAY get some new movie stuff next week, but nothing XY

sryeYQS.png

http://suikuzu.deviantart.com/art/Its-so-fluffy-354713491

Boss Doggie

Top Bottom