• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I was 5 when Pokémon Blue came out, and I attribute my playing of the game to my learning to read well so young.

Honestly, the Pokémon, Ace Attorney and Team Ico series form the holy trinity of my inspiration. All three have changed me so much and guided my life down the path it's going right now.

MikeMyers

I was 5 when Pokémon Blue came out, and I attribute my playing of the game to my learning to read well so young.

Honestly, the Pokémon, Ace Attorney and Team Ico series form the holy trinity of my inspiration. All three have changed me so much and guided my life down the path it's going right now.

I got Pokemon Red when I was 6 - Christmas 2000.

Back then I used to just use my Bulbasaur and pretty much solo the game with him.

I got Pokemon Red when I was 6 - Christmas 2000.

Back then I used to just use my Bulbasaur and pretty much solo the game with him.

You guys are making me feel old.

This Red randomizer hack stream is terrific. You guys should watch it so we can chat about it. I saw Kokonoe there for a bit.

I wish I could, but I've got a stupid paper to write :<

You guys are making me feel old.

Back-in-my-day-there-was-only-150-pokemon.jpg

Korosenai

I got Pokemon Red and Blue for my birthday in 1999 when I turned 7 (These are the first two games I ever remember getting).

I'm now in my third year of college and they are both still my favorite games, and the reason why I am a gamer.

Stage On

I was 12 when the games came out, It's a miracle I stayed with it considering how much fun people made of me once I got to high school.

Best thing about being an adult, not giving a shit what other people think about it. Everybody at work knows I'm a Pokemanaic and are indifferent at worst.

Stage On

Nincada is awesome since it's the only Pokemon that when it evolves has to potential to spit into Two bodies at the same time resulting in having two Pokemon where you once only had one.

Talk about getting bang for your buck.

FSLink

Banned
Some of the stuff I ran into was such bullshit. :lol
Wild Moltres in Viridian Forest? Mewtwo by the Scientist at Mt. Moon? Spore using Dratinis on Route 1?

Once I caught Pidgeot though I steamrolled through so much. Confusion/Sonic Boom (so broken early game)/Ember/Aurora Beam. :3

Someone asked for the link to the hack...Here's where you can find the patcher program: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3471809

Another moment: Getting TMs with Growl, Scratch, and Mist. -___-

I was 7 years old when Red/Blue came out.

Wild Moltres in Viridian Forest? Mewtwo by the Scientist at Mt. Moon? Spore using Dratinis on Route 1?

Once I caught Pidgeot though I steamrolled through so much. Confusion/Sonic Boom (so broken early game)/Ember/Aurora Beam. :3

Someone asked for the link to the hack...Here's where you can find the patcher program: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3471809

I really enjoyed watching it. It's funny to see a game you know so well turned upside-down like that.

Kokonoe

Banned
Nincada is awesome since it's the only Pokemon that when it evolves has to potential to spit into Two bodies at the same time resulting in having two Pokemon where you once only had one.

Talk about getting bang for your buck.

The evolution is pretty rad if you ask me, I still recall the first time I did it and was surprised you kept both. Shedinja is actually up there in my top 5 favorite bug Pokemon, I like it a lot.

It was entertaining watching your stream and the randomness of the entire thing. Still surprised at how good Pokemon Red/Blue still looks and how fast it is. I'll be replaying it myself later this week, just without the crazyness.

FSLink

Banned
The same guy has a Pokemon Emerald randomizer and I heard there's a Black/White one out there on the internet as well (I saw a LP where the person gets a Combusken with Speed Boost as his first encounter. XD).

I'll probably stream those in the near future.

Top Bottom