• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
Nothing evolves instantly from anything in real life.

I didn't word that too well.

Usually Pokemon evolve with a theme, even if their body changes shape. Eevee goes from fur to furless with fins. Actually, I wonder if you could classify the stones as mutation?

What I'm referring to is that it's quite a significant evolution that Eevee does compared to all the other Pokemon.

I would love to live in Sinnoh (Well the warmer part at least. Colder part reminds me too much of Colorado blizzards)...and it did have one of the better/more entertaining rivals

Kokonoe

Banned
iRoTz.jpg

I would love to ability to revert some Pokemon back to their earlier stages...mainly for aesthetic reasons of course.

No one should get an Eveevolution until they give the line some love. Especially Flareon.

So guys, what's the recommended sequel for a Black owner? I understand that they flipped Zekrom/Reshiram between the two, but I can't say I care much about having both...

Kokonoe

Banned
1. Make a statement wanting a Pokemon you like in the version you purchased.
2. Have someone compare it to another.
3. Have someone tell you what you like is worthless.

Emitan

Then why did you get it? Was less then half a year too long to wait for a localization?

/shrug

I dunno. I was in the mood for Pokemon and by the time it got here I decided it was a waste. At least I can use it to trade with myself and catch version exclusives.

1. Make a statement wanting a Pokemon you like in the version you purchased.
2. Have someone compare it to another.
3. Have someone tell you what you like is worthless.

Don't worry, real Pokepals know Lilligant is fantastic. Their abrasiveness is just them covering for their less sophisticated tastes.

Firestorm

Why Import a copy? Can you read the text in Japanese?

For me I can barely play a fighting game in Japanase, I'm not touching an rpg
When I go to Japan next year im going to get me a copy of Green. Pretty sure I still have that entire game memorized enough to beat it in any language.

Neki

So which one has better features (black and white 2), I think one of them had a thing that made the game harder? I own White already.

So which one has better features (black and white 2), I think one of them had a thing that made the game harder? I own White already.

Black 2 does indeed have the Challenge Key, but in the end it comes down to personal preference. I'm getting White 2 first because I like the version-exclusive areas more and want to continue my original story from White, but I'm probably going to get Black 2 eventually because I'm a fanatic.

LeleSocho

Banned
Then why did you get it? Was less then half a year too long to wait for a localization?

Dude you don't understand... playing pokémon without knowing the language is a fucking experience

Imagine yourself, 8y/o hyped as fuck because Silver is out in no time and is the sequel of your favorite game evah but you have to play it in english and you are nothing more than a poor italian kid that doesn't even know how to count in english... but you don't give a fuck! you go through the game with memory and trying random stuff because you don't understand shit and soon you realize that Bubble Stream is Bollaraggio, that Ember is Braciere, that Strength is Forza,Waterfall is Cascata and so on until you realize that you have something like 30 times the english vocabulary of kids of your same age...

It's also thanks to Silver that i can post on this forum.

Frost_Ace

Dude you don't understand... playing pokémon without knowing the language is a fucking experience

Imagine yourself, 8y/o hyped as fuck because Silver is out in no time and is the sequel of your favorite game evah but you have to play it in english and you are nothing more than a poor italian kid that doesn't even know how to count in english... but you don't give a fuck! you go through the game with memory and trying random stuff because you don't understand shit and soon you realize that Bubble Stream is Bollaraggio, that Ember is Braciere, that Strength is Forza,Waterfall is Cascata and so on until you realize that you have something like 30 times the english vocabulary of kids of your same age...

It's also thanks to Silver that i can post on this forum.

7177.jpg

same thing happened to me but with sapphire/zaffiro.

Top Bottom