• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Korosenai

Slaking is anything but glacial (his base speed is almost as high as Arcanine's).

Literally the only thing holding him back is his ability, which can be Skill Swapped out by someone else. Do that and you're golden.

Slaking is in my top 3 favorite Pokemon. Just a great Pokemon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pleasantly surprised the nostalgia thread on Gaming side hasn't turned into Gen Wars (yet.) =)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's always fun to be reminded of a certain Pokemon you don't really pay much attention to, and looking up information about it to refresh your mind. There's quite a few Pokemon who I still feel a sense of unfamiliarity with every time I see them even though they've been around for a long time, and it's always fun to have a moment of "oh, on second thought that's kind of a cool Pokemon."

This happened for me with Grumpig the other day. Such a weird Pokemon I literally never hear brought up. Spoink I fondly remember being it's cute and has that dark PokeDex entry, but its evolution is another matter...I still don't get exactly why the Psychic Pig Pokemon has this "dancing" motif to it that controls others, it's such an odd theme to put with it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What nostalgia thread?

Also I laugh at people hating on Archeops due to Defeatist, completely forgetting what it does.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Come on Doggie, behave. I like the newer games just as much as the older ones, maybe even more, but I think you can be a bit brash when it comes to Pokemon discussions. :p

zroid

Banned
Pleasantly surprised the nostalgia thread on Gaming side hasn't turned into Gen Wars (yet.) =)

Everyone's exhausted from the gen wars in the Newtwo thread. I guess there's a brief window immediately after a gen wars thread fizzles out when you can have a metered discussion about Pokemon. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Everyone's exhausted from the gen wars in the Newtwo thread. I guess there's a brief window immediately after a gen wars thread fizzles out when you can have a metered discussion about Pokemon. :p

Heh, I (thankfully) seem to have completely missed the Mewnew thread. One bullet dodged I suppose. :p

DaBoss

My god, that image was small at first and then became huge. I can't imagine why someone would make an infographic that large.

What are you talking about; I never posted an 8MB image >_> <_<

tumblr_lhfavv2Iuo1qgcvieo1_400.gif

You can also win them from the 10th area of the Black Tower/White Treehollow.

I think the Flower Shop in Join Avenue can have them too, after a certain rank.

zroid

Banned
hnnnngh berry pots

The PDW Berry Wall was absolutely the worst thing about gen 5. And I actually liked Dream World!

Aggrotek's monthly podcast is up! It is really long this time. D:

Generation One Podcast #3 - Aesthetics and Pokemon

I waited to hear what they had to say about Arcanine before I decided if I should post it or not. Haha.

Do they mention anything about The Greatest Pokémon There Ever Was And Ever Will Be™?

I'm writing a paper into the wee hours of the morning and I want to know if the distraction will be worthwhlie ;P

CorvoSol

Tropious is really, really unremarkable, but it got Harvest in gen V. Basically, Harvest gives you a 50% chance of replenishing your held (berry) item at the end of the turn. (This is bumped to a 100% in the sun btw) What people do is a set that utilizes leech seed and substitute to annoy the hell out of your opponent. Unlike Arcanine, I actually don't think its worth investing in.

Aww man. I love Tropius, though. He's like Meganium, but somehow much cooler.

CorvoSol

Tropius is cool but being cooler than Meganium isn't very hard.

Well okay, so the Chikorita line is the dud in the Johto starters, but I meant that Tropius was like what I feel they were going for with that line at the time. Iunno.

Just sad that another one of my favorites turned out to be no good. I'm pretty bad at choosing Pokemon that are good competitively. I think the only lucky stroke I ever had was liking Espeon when Gen V gave it Magic Bounce.

backlot

Well okay, so the Chikorita line is the dud in the Johto starters, but I meant that Tropius was like what I feel they were going for with that line at the time. Iunno.

Just sad that another one of my favorites turned out to be no good. I'm pretty bad at choosing Pokemon that are good competitively. I think the only lucky stroke I ever had was liking Espeon when Gen V gave it Magic Bounce.

Magic Bounce is a pretty cool ability. A lot of Dream World abilities are really fun to use. I can't wait to see what they come up with for Gen 6 abilities.

Stage On

Man Pokemon would be amazing if they simply made it slightly more customizable.

How would you guys feel if they let you set your Pokemon's ability through a drop down menu and could thus switch it at will?

Or having a Pokemon being able to remember every move it learns and instead of "forgetting" an old move to learn a new move you select which 4 moves to equip.

How would you guys feel if they let you set your Pokemon's ability through a drop down menu and could thus switch it at will?

Or having a Pokemon being able to remember every move it learns and instead of "forgetting" an old move to learn a new move you select which 4 moves to equip.

That would be crazy good no game would implement it. Then again... I can dream, right?

Buttons

I always wished Pokemon could remember all the moves they ever learned or at least give them 8-10 move slots. *dreams*

And I will never give up on my dream of them introducing an item in-game that gives an unevolved Pokemon the stats of its evolved form, so that you can keep your favourite Pokemon unevolved but have the stats of its evolved form. (Then my trusty Psyduck would at least get Golduck's stats and Oshawott could stay cute but have Samurott's stats. *__*)

Boss Doggie

That's what EVs are for :p

Also in-game changing abilities is just broken. Not as broken as using both abilities at the same time, but broken nonetheless.

That's what EVs are for :p

Also in-game changing abilities is just broken. Not as broken as using both abilities at the same time, but broken nonetheless.

I'm actually a bit sad that the new mystery dungeon doesn't grant both abilities at once like the old ones did. It was kind of broken, so it's probably for the best.

Boss Doggie

I'm actually a bit sad that the new mystery dungeon doesn't grant both abilities at once like the old ones did. It was kind of broken, so it's probably for the best.

Yeah.

Fuck Bronzor and Bronzong in PMD2.

Also I guess it's also because of hidden abilities existing. How does PMD3 handle hidden abilities?

entremet

I just wish I could view EVs in game without having to go some vague EV checker. I wouldn't mind EV training if that was the case, but currently, even in Gen V, it seems too obtuse.

diaspora

My team right now is as follows:

Volcarona lv60
Serperior lv 68
Zebstrika lv 68
Braivery lv66
Haxorus lv 63
Starmie lv 60

At this point, there's nobody left to fight except for Cynthia and the league, both of which are in the mid 70s. Are my options at this point grinding/getting my ass kicked by them?

entremet

My team right now is as follows:

Volcarona lv60
Serperior lv 68
Zebstrika lv 68
Braivery lv66
Haxorus lv 63
Starmie lv 60

At this point, there's nobody left to fight except for Cynthia and the league, both of which are in the mid 70s. Are my options at this point grinding/getting my ass kicked by them?

Cynthia and the E4 rematch are very beatable at your levels, you just need good strategy and preparation--potions, revives, etc. You got some top tier Pokes there. Shouldn't be hard.

I beat both at lower average levels with crappier Pokemon.

How come no one is talking about this months coro coro. Are we just sure its gonna be more mewtwo stuff? Or has it been confirmed that there would be no info? Also this has got to be the most drip fed pokemon gen.

Top Bottom