• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
I never would have caught up to THE Kokonoe, the post machine!

NSShuF4.jpg

Emitan

I don't understand you guys thinking you can't do a podcast because of your voice. I don't even sound like a girl and I still do it.

Kokonoe

Banned
I beat pokemon blue and saw some of the show when I was a kid, does that count?

Perfect. Since is nearing the end of the thread of Johto, you should emulator Gold or Silver, or Crystal. Gold and Silver's cartridge batteries are all dead now so you pretty much have to emulate unless you want to play cartridge surgery. Then when thread three is around you can go on to either Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

Kokonoe

Banned
It's still weird to think I got Ruby 10 years ago.

I got Gold, Ruby, Diamond and Black on launch day.

I really want to do a Ruby or Emerald playthrough but I don't like playing Pokemon Versions when it's close to a newer one to come out. I kinda feel like I'll burn myself out.

MikeMyers

I got Gold, Ruby, Diamond and Black on launch day.

I really want to do a Ruby or Emerald playthrough but I don't like playing Pokemon Versions when it's close to a newer one to come out. I kinda feel like I'll burn myself out.

Yeah, I tried restating Heart Gold, but haven't played it since I beat Morty.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yeah, I tried restating Heart Gold, but haven't played it since I beat Morty.

Yeah, I actually started up original Gold but I stopped myself before I went full playing mode since X is coming out. Really hoping Fairy type is real, that'll honestly be one of my favorite things to happen in Pokemon in a while.

Still, I'm playing TCG2 at the moment which is great!

Uraizen

Banned
Perfect. Since is nearing the end of the thread of Johto, you should emulator Gold or Silver, or Crystal. Gold and Silver's cartridge batteries are all dead now so you pretty much have to emulate unless you want to play cartridge surgery. Then when thread three is around you can go on to either Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

If I were to try just one more pokemon game in my entire life... which pokemon game would be the best to try?

Kokonoe

Banned
If I were to try just one more pokemon game in my entire life... which pokemon game would be the best to try?

Well, everyone has their own opinion on that, but Gold and Silver are the sequels to Red and Blue. So if you want to finish that up, might as well go with that~

MikeMyers

Yeah, GSC is the sequel to RBY, but I'd say get the GSC remakes for DS instead. Damn original GSC batteries keep dying, the save file deletes itself.

Stage On

Community 2 Over 500+ posts:
Cuteness Overload 1,395
Stage On 1,087
MikeMyers 1,040
ScraftyDevil 927
UltimateIke 923
tiggerkiddo 899
Boss Doggie 885
Exterminieren 742
Kokonoe 727
ffdgh 630
Chet Rippo 593

Holy Pikachu that's scary, I must have Pokemon on the brain or something. I know this is my home base on Gaf but last time someone listed the top posters I was only in the top 5, and yet somehow I still managed to get to the number 2 spot despite the fact I've been posting less these days due to focusing on other stuff.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone got that gif of a 90's kid with Pokemon coming out of his pants, but replaced with Joltik?

3rd gen is the best experience imo. Though 5th is the most polished. HGSS are probably the best overall in all regards.

If you think slow pacing in battle, among other things, is best.

Refyref

I'm pretty sure I got no response when I brought up a PokeGAF podcast last week. That was in IRC, though, so that might have been the reason. :p

I would also recommend HGSS over GS, unless you don't mind the possibility of your save file getting deleted randomly. (Weirdly enough, this used to happen to me even back when the battery was OK, but rarely. I also sometimes got some pretty big glitches that I haven't seen documented anywhere.)

Ha, I've got a ludicrously terrible voice.

Have fun with the podcast, though.

I must admit, I'm surprised to see myself so high up the post lists. I thought my posting had massively dropped off lately.

I'm pretty sure I got no response when I brought up a PokeGAF podcast last week. That was in IRC, though, so that might have been the reason. :p

Ha, I've got a ludicrously terrible voice.

Have fun with the podcast, though.

I must admit, I'm surprised to see myself so high up the post lists. I thought my posting had massively dropped off lately.

Speaking of podcasts I think my voice is going to sound confusing.

All three of you are coming on at some point in time. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

Also I've already heard your voice, Exterminieren, and it's nowhere near horrendus. JOIN US.

Zeroth

Okay, let's say we do make a podcast. First, who would manage it? We need someone to comtrol it to make sure there's some interesting, somewhat organized discussion and not only a banter between people. After that, who would edit it?

Noy trying to be a downer, but I feel these are relevant points to comsider before going on with this!

GEN WARS the podcast

Hey Scrafty, if you're starting a podcast, does that mean you're gonna start competing with S.Link FM and try to get the original anime VAs on? ;p

Okay, let's say we do make a podcast. First, who would manage it? We need someone to comtrol it to make sure there's some interesting, somewhat organized discussion and not only a banter between people. After that, who would edit it?

Noy trying to be a downer, but I feel these are relevant points to comsider before going on with this!

I can do both. I'm about to have a lot of free time for a while, so it would at least keep me busy. If it turns out to be too much work, we could always just make it bi-weekly or something.

GEN WARS the podcast

Hey Scrafty, if you're starting a podcast, does that mean you're gonna start competing with S.Link FM and try to get the original anime VAs on? ;p

"Compete" is such an ugly word. We'll appeal to different audiences; S. Link FM to people who value intelligent discussion and enjoy guest stars, and ours to people who need to kill an hour ;P

It'd be good if we could get some guest stars on sometimes though. I'll just need to start thinking ahead about that kind of thing.

How many regulars would the show have? And who would they be?

I'd have to figure that out. You need to have a good balance between people who know a lot about what they're talking about and people who are just good personalities who can provide good discussion.

You, Emitan and Beef have first dibs though.

"Compete" is such an ugly word. We'll appeal to different audiences; S. Link FM to people who value intelligent discussion and enjoy guest stars, and ours to people who need to kill an hour ;P

It'd be good if we could get some guest stars on sometimes though. I'll just need to start thinking ahead about that kind of thing.

Hehehe I know, I was just messin'. Guest stars would be pretty awesome though.

Korosenai

I was thinking about using that Pokebuilder app since its just $1, but I'd feel bad if I did. Would just be way too easy. Feels way better actually breeding and training the Pokemon versus creating one in a couple of minutes.

Aggrotek

I was thinking about using that Pokebuilder app since its just $1, but I'd feel bad if I did. Would just be way too easy. Feels way better actually breeding and training the Pokemon versus creating one in a couple of minutes.

Don't do it. It cheapens the experience...

Aggrotek

If you can create one in a couple of minutes then why do folk use RNG? Come to think of it how is RNG actually done? A computer program?

This app is essentially cheating I would gather. You can create whatever moves and abilities you want your pokemon to have, including (I am assuming) IVs EVs and the like.

RNG is where you calculate, using your DS, a timer, and a program, what numbers will appear when. Allowing you to start the game precisely when you need to; to get desired results.

Top Bottom